Author Topic: Gamestop to stop taking PS2 trades  (Read 2952 times)

scott

Re: Gamestop to stop taking PS2 trades
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 10:55:13 pm »
I've said for years that GameStop should really look into larger store fronts and handle every possible popular console. They'd rake in millions. Instead they put their stores in the smallest possible storefronts and make it as cramped as possible.

I think out of all the GS stores I've ever been in, only 2 seemed "big".
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 11:04:39 pm »
It just blows my mind that there are game stores that refuse to sell older games. It blows my mind even more that Gamestop, a store revolving almost entirely around used game trade-ins and sales, would do such a thing. Much less for one of the most popular consoles of all time. Never made a lick of sense to me.

They gotta clear that stuff out eventually... They're not a retro game shop - they're where people go to get the newest game that their kid has been whining about.

Floor room is expensive - with the new Microsoft and Sony systems eventually coming around, they gotta open up some space sometime.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:25 pm »
It just blows my mind that there are game stores that refuse to sell older games. It blows my mind even more that Gamestop, a store revolving almost entirely around used game trade-ins and sales, would do such a thing. Much less for one of the most popular consoles of all time. Never made a lick of sense to me.

They gotta clear that stuff out eventually... They're not a retro game shop - they're where people go to get the newest game that their kid has been whining about.

Floor room is expensive - with the new Microsoft and Sony systems eventually coming around, they gotta open up some space sometime.

I'll give you the first two points (though I don't agree with those practices,) but GameStop could afford more than enough floorspace. Those stores have been hemorrhaging money for years. My go-to game store is an independent Mom and Pop affair less than a decade old that is bigger than any of the five or so Gamestop's near my house.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

sin2beta

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 11:38:34 pm »
... but GameStop could afford more than enough floorspace. Those stores have been hemorrhaging money for years.

This does not make sense to me...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 12:27:50 am »
... but GameStop could afford more than enough floorspace. Those stores have been hemorrhaging money for years.

This does not make sense to me...

Gah. This is why I shouldn't post late at night. Can we just pretend I said the opposite?
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.