Author Topic: Looking for Collection Photos  (Read 38510 times)

Re: Looking for Collection Photos
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2012, 06:48:20 pm »
I still need to print off and frame picture of Miyamoto, Yokoi, Kondo, and Iwata.

/creepy

scott

« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2012, 07:04:31 pm »
Yokoi

Gunpei Yokoi, by far one of my favorite people of Nintendo history. I should have a pic of him above my Game Boy collection. ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2012, 11:13:22 pm »
New banners added! (Sorry it took so long with a couple of them).

blipcs76's Collection

exonerator's Collection (Had to go with the pic of Reggie!)

Jcalder8's Collection

soera

« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:17 pm »
I still need to print off and frame picture of Miyamoto, Yokoi, Kondo, and Iwata.

You need to add Yuji Horii to that list!

amauriel

« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2012, 03:16:52 am »
Meat Bun used to have a shirt that had just the names "Shigeru & Gunpei & Satoru & Hiroshi" on it.

I wish they would reprint that shirt. :(
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2012, 07:36:52 am »
I don't know if you guys like imgur or not, but here's an imgur album of some fancy shots of my collection.

http://imgur.com/a/GWjTX#6
∆Mi-1=-a∑Di(n)(∑Fij(n-1)+Fexti(n-1))

blipcs76

« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2012, 11:08:44 am »
New banners added! (Sorry it took so long with a couple of them).

blipcs76's Collection

Awesome! Thanks for including my pic.

scott

« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2012, 11:41:19 pm »
Updated Castlevania Collection pic. I took the new figs out of their boxes and set them up on the shelving unit. I also took the loose NES carts and the loose copy of Super Castlevania IV down. Also, the figures are pretty nice and stand well on their own, only the succubus came with a stand and they all have varying degrees of articulation, with Simon being the most posable. I set up all the little pack in items on the bottom shelf too (and apparently the Succubus' top comes off)

soera

« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2012, 12:43:45 am »
(and apparently the Succubus' top comes off)

Definitely the most important part !

But on a serious note, I kind of like the way you have yours displayed as compared to my DQ stuff. I may get rid of the case and use some wall shelves for my own.

desocietas

« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2012, 11:50:27 pm »
Updated Castlevania Collection pic. I took the new figs out of their boxes and set them up on the shelving unit. I also took the loose NES carts and the loose copy of Super Castlevania IV down. Also, the figures are pretty nice and stand well on their own, only the succubus came with a stand and they all have varying degrees of articulation, with Simon being the most posable. I set up all the little pack in items on the bottom shelf too (and apparently the Succubus' top comes off)

I'm surprised I've never seen GB carts displayed like that with the individual cases.  Pretty ingenious.  Looks great!  Hopefully as this eternal task of cleaning my room plods along, I'll be able to take a photo of everything...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2012, 12:28:44 am »
Heh that room still isnt clean? :O Im still hoping you find more DQ stuff in there. :)

desocietas

« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2012, 12:41:42 am »
Heh that room still isnt clean? :O Im still hoping you find more DQ stuff in there. :)

Heh, yup, still working away at it... *sigh*  Probably the worst it's ever been since I moved in here about 4 years ago...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2012, 01:51:02 pm »
Wow all of your collections put mine to shame. I thought I had an impressive one (still adding to the site) since I have about 2,000 games at least, but hardly any of my games have the boxes. Where do you guys typically find boxed games?

soera

« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2012, 02:13:27 pm »
Boxes, for the most part, are actually less common and more expensive than the games themself. I used to collect boxes but its such a pain. Cardboard is so fragile and gets rips and bumps and ends up looking like crap fast unless you put everything in a special protector. Boxes also take up more room (even more with the protectors). If I find a game anymore with a cardboard box and I end up buying it, I sell/donate the box to someone.

« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2012, 02:11:27 pm »
Yea it seems to be a pain collecting the boxed games, but I do like having them. This weekend I actually found a boxed Intellivision with a sealed Intellivoice and 30 boxed games all for $25.