Author Topic: Games listed pre-release.  (Read 3793 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Games listed pre-release.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 03:36:55 pm »
... Some of those games sound really interesting. I'll have to look into those. Regardless, placing a game that's never been released in your collection is... kinda dumb.  :P Adding something to your wish list is another story.

My guess is those people have pre-orders pending, and rather than leave them in the wishlist, they just opted to move them to their collections. That's what I tend to do, anyway. I'd suggested we have an "on order" list for occasions like that, but it didn't seem to gain much interest.

Can you pre-order a game that doesn't even have a release date listed yet?

Unfortunately, yes :(

I've had The Last Guardian pre-ordered now for (*Literally*); YEARS...

I'd be asking for my money back.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »
Meh, they haven't *taken* (billed) any $ -and- they won't until/if the game ever eleases, so it's not like it's really hurting me and/or costing me anything...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »
Meh, they haven't *taken* (billed) any $ -and- they won't until/if the game ever eleases, so it's not like it's really hurting me and/or costing me anything...

Don't you have to put a minimum amount of money down, to pre-order it? That's how it works at GameStop.

insektmute

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 03:57:44 pm »
No money down in most cases, and even GameStop only has you put money down if you go into the store. Online pre-orders don't charge a dime until they ship, same with Best Buy.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 04:32:22 pm »
No money down in most cases, and even GameStop only has you put money down if you go into the store. Online pre-orders don't charge a dime until they ship, same with Best Buy.

Yeah, what Erik said :)

It was pre-ordered from Amazon, so no, they haven't asked for/taken/charged me any $ in advance.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 04:45:50 pm »
I didn't know that you could pre-order online for GameStop for free. Then why do they require money down at the store?

scott

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 06:42:23 pm »
Because they are assholes. And then if you decide to change or cancel, the clerk gives you shit for screwing up his numbers. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 07:44:27 pm »
I didn't know that you could pre-order online for GameStop for free. Then why do they require money down at the store?

I try to avoid shopping at GS, but if I had to guess, they probably require money down because it's easier to track credit/debit info on customers via the website than at local stores. Helps reduce the possibility of excess pre-order stock laying around at individual locations.

soera

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 11:38:23 pm »
Just found this funny. I was looking at something on Facebook (a contest between cancelled foods) and when I clicked on the link, this was the advertisement on the side of the page : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZK9QBY/ref=dra_a_cs_ss_hn_it_P1300_1000?tag=dradis-20