Author Topic: Bioshock Infinite  (Read 1647 times)

Bioshock Infinite
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:18:06 pm »
So, it's time for another shooter.  I only play one every couple years, but I do really enjoy them.  I just can't stand when franchises release a new version yearly with new maps and want $60.  Back on point, I've decided I want to play Bioshock Infinite(on PC). What are your thoughts on the game and should I play the first two first?

jobocan

Re: Bioshock Infinite
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:50:27 pm »
Well for one it's definitely better than those really bad generic shooters like Call of Duty or Battlefield 3. The gameplay is really fun and does quite a few things different than other FPS games, and the story is really solid (though I didn't like the very final scene). You don't really need to play the first one, it's a standalone story, though the gameplay is very similar and the themes in the story have some things in common (and there's some references).

It's one of the very few FPS from this gen that I heartily recommend. The other is Bulletstorm (and the first Bioshock is good too) :P

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:21:26 pm »
Bioshock Infinite got good reviews, average score of 95% on metacritic. Haven't played it yet, but definitely gonna check it out.

Bioshock 1 was awesome, one of the best shooters I've ever played. Highly recommend it.

And for bioshock 2... well, I've heard it's not as good as the first one due to a weaker story, but I'm still gonna check it out.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 09:37:36 pm »
hmmm... thanks for the info!  I think i'm going to start with Infinite and then go back to original.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 12:02:18 am »
Haven't played the new one yet,
Bioshock is incredible
Bioshock 2 sucks, I mean its worth checking it out if you like the series but its uh kind of lame in general

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 08:11:04 am »
Just in case anyone didn't already know - the PS3 version of Infinite comes with the 1st game, too...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 08:16:58 am »
i have only seen a lets play of it so i cant comment on the gameplay but i can say that the ending of BSI is crap

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 08:56:11 am »
i have only seen a lets play of it so i cant comment on the gameplay but i can say that the ending of BSI is crap

I've also heard a lot of displeasure concerning the last (post-credits) ending scene...

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 12:48:50 pm »
Playing Infinite now, and so far....wow.  Just what I was looking for :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 01:20:00 pm »
Playing Infinite now, and so far....wow.  Just what I was looking for :)

Sweet!

I always like hearing when someone starts/tries a new and/or unfamiliar game/series...and *LIKES* it :)

Anybody here heard or read anything about purchasers of Infinite demanding (and *Receiving*) refunds for the game due to some kind of "religious offensiveness" within the game - WtF is that shit all about?!   :o

That's *Literally* all that I know/have heard about it - I don't know any of the details or specifics...any of the rest of you all know what's going on?

jobocan

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 02:07:01 pm »
Anybody here heard or read anything about purchasers of Infinite demanding (and *Receiving*) refunds for the game due to some kind of "religious offensiveness" within the game - WtF is that shit all about?!   :o

That's *Literally* all that I know/have heard about it - I don't know any of the details or specifics...any of the rest of you all know what's going on?

Not to get into religious arguments (never a good thing to do)... The game does work as a criticism of christianity/religion used for evil... And that's really it. You don't need a game to do that, history does that well enough... But somehow if a game does it it's bad and people just can't take anything without being insulted.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 03:28:59 pm »

Not to get into religious arguments (never a good thing to do)... The game does work as a criticism of christianity/religion used for evil... And that's really it. You don't need a game to do that, history does that well enough... But somehow if a game does it it's bad and people just can't take anything without being insulted.

Seriously...that's it?!

I guess that some people must just be pretty, damned thin-skinned if they think that a fictional representation of something -made of polygons & pixels- entitles them to the use of a/the:

"My sensibilities have been so highly offended by ("unexpected") content -in an "M"-rated *VIDEO* game...that I'm entitled to a full refund" argument/claim/demand...

...Again, I ask/say W.T.F.?!

I sincerely doubt that they didn't *finish* playing the game beyond that point BEFORE getting their refunds.

Meh, sounds like an opportunistic way to get & play the newest, AAA releases...for free!

:o

jobocan

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 03:33:35 pm »
Yeah, and the religious commentary ends up being pretty much meaningless in the whole overarching plot. It's there and it's really not that offensive if you ask me. There's nothing to be offended by here.