Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV Developer Q&A: Confirmed to have paid DLC  (Read 627 times)

insektmute

So I'm doing my morning coffee routine, and ran across a somewhat enlightening article about SMT4 on Siliconera. They didn't post video or anything, but nestled among some interesting answers about the story and mechanics, there are a couple particularly notable quotes:

"There will be paid DLC. Atlus say that it won’t make you feel as though they’re just trying to make money, and will be worthwhile content."

I'm... really not sure how I feel about this. Atlus has typically done well by its fans, and so I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but considering they're already indulging in retailer-exclusive pre-order costumes, it's hard to be optimistic about it.

A bit surprised to see that there's so much resistance to a female lead character in the series, too:

"The possibility of a future female lead wasn’t ruled out, although different development team members seemed to have different feeling towards the idea. Some welcomed the possibility of there being a choice of gender, while others felt that Shin Megami Tensei games are better suited to male leads."

Seems odd, considering that female characters have always struck me as fairly well-written.