Author Topic: WHICH CLASSIC GAME TO BUY???!!  (Read 4849 times)

patrickmeansly

Re: WHICH CLASSIC GAME TO BUY???!!
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 01:06:49 pm »
Personally what I'd do when I'm looking for several pricey games at once.
Search for all of them, find auctions that are not the "buy it now" or have "make offer" then make offers to sellers at a lower price (not insulting low) and see if you can get a deal on one.
You'd be surprised how many good deals I've gotten this way.
Also the open bid auctions place your bid what you wanna pay and if you get it yay, if not move on.
Once you win one of these games. That's your find. Good luck and don't overpay like some people do in an open auction.
I always find it funny when people bid over what a they could have bought in a buy it now auction listed at the same time for lower.

As for the caps thing, ya its harder to read I agree, but IDC. If you are gonna write in caps I'd suggest spacing your sentences more like I'll show you below.

When I was reading this...
I ALWAYS LOVED THE CLASSICS AS A CHILD (SNES, NES, N64 ETC) AND LAST YEAR, I FOUND MOST OF MY SAME SYSTEMS I OWNED AS A KID IN STORAGE BOXES FROM MY MOMS.  SO I BROUGHT ALL THOSE OUT AND STARTED PLAYING THEM AND REALIZED HOW MUCH I USED TO LOVE GAMES AND THEY MADE ME VERY HAPPY.  AT THE SAME TIME, I NEEDED EXTRA MONEY FOR BILLS, SO I INVESTED SOME OF MY DREAMCAST AND GENESIS GAMES, SOLD THEM ON EBAY AND STARTED MAKING 500-700 A MONTH ON EBAY FOR BILLS.  I THEN STARTED GOING TO MY LOCAL GOOD WILL WAREHOUSE A FEW TIMES A WEEK WHERE I WOULD FIND PS2 CONSOLES, PLAYSTATION 1, N64, NES, ETC THAT I BUY FOR 5.00 EACH.  I WOULD SELL THEM ON EBAY FOR 30.00 TO 60.00 DEPENDING ON THE CONDITION AND TIMING.  I BEGAN REALIZING THAT I WOULD FIND SO MANY SPORTS GAMES AT MY LOCAL GOOD WILL RETAIL STORES AND THE 1 THRIFT STORE I HAVE IN MY CITY.  BUT ONLY SPORTS GAMES UNFORTUNATELY.  AS I BEGAN LEARNING THE GOOD WILL AND THRIFT STORE

It almost hurts your eyes trying to read so much in caps. But if you space out your sentences like this.... 

We non-cap readers only have to take it in small douses and can get through it better. Personally I'd try and turn off the caps but I wont judge you if your don't, I'd still answer your questions.  GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GAME HUNT.  :P

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!!!!  I TRULY DO APPRECIATE WHAT YOU SAID.  I HONESTLY HAVE GOTTEN UPSET AFTER ALL THESE POSTS AND MESSAGES.

I CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH NEGATIVITY IN MY LIFE.  THAT WAS MY ORIGINAL POINT.  NO ONE ON HERE KNOWS WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH, NOR WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH.  GAMES ARE WAY FOR ME TO BE HAPPY AND GET AWAY FROM NEGATIVE ENERGY BUT I ONLY FOUND PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN ON HERE THAT ITS UPSETTING AND STARTED TO MAKE ME THINK TWICE ABOUT THIS SITE, AND GAME COLLECTING.

YOUR RESPONSE HAS HELPED ME TO CALM DOWN A BIT.  THANKS FOR THE ADVICE AS WELL.  I SHOULD TRY THE "MAKE OFFER" OPTION AND TRY TO GET THE SELLER TO GO DOWN SOME.  HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK IS TOO MUCH TO PAY THO'???

I DID ONE TIME, TRY TO GET A SELLER TO GO DOWN ON SPIDERMAN FOR 32X WHO HAD IT FOR LIKE 350.  I OFFERED 250 AND HE TOLD ME THAT I WAS INSULTING HIM AND THAT SOMEONE WOULD GIVE HIM 325 FOR IT SO I GAVE UP.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 01:31:55 pm »
IS THIS SITE ABOUT VIDEO GAME COLLECTING OR ABOUT JUDGING PEOPLE ON HOW THEY TYPE?????  I GUESS I PICKED THE WRONG SITE TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER GAMERS AND COLLECTORS.

Nah'

We're just not used to our newer members acting like childish, close-minded, stubborn, and arrogant ass-holes...most of us that act like ass-holes here (myself included:) have at least:

A.  Been here a minute,

B.  Have known the people we're being ass-holes to for a minute, and

C.  Are ass-holes in *Lower-Case*

;)

okay, so in your opinion, you claim that i was being arrogant, childish,ignorant or what ever you want to think.  BUT WHAT MAKES IT ANY DIFFERENT THAN YOU BEING AN ASS HOLE TO NEW MEMBERS????  IS THAT NOT THE SAME THING AS WHAT YOU CALLED ME????

AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, DOESNT LOL MEAN LOT OF LAUGHS OR SOMETHING.  WHEN I ORIGINALLY SAID GET USED TO IT LOL.  I MEANT THAT IN A JOKINGLY WAY FOR FUN, I WAS NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN, ANGRY OR ANYTHING.  I AM SORRY THAT YOU ARE SO IGNORANT THAT YOU ASSUMED SOMETHING.  NOT A SINGLE PERSON SAID "CAN YOU PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK??".  EVERYONE SAID IT IN A SMART ASS WAY. I DID NOT KNOW THATS THE RULES THAT YOU CAN BE AN ASS HOLE TO NEW MEMBERS. 

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP BEING AN ASS HOLE TO NEW MEMBERS AND TO ME PLEASE???

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 03:04:22 pm »

New members?

Sure.  If you read through old topics & threads - you'll find that I'm nothing but friendly & welcoming to new members :)

You?

Honestly...I doubt it :(

1st impressions being lasting ones, and all of that rot  :o

While nobody may have strung the *exact* words "Would you please stop posting in all caps" to you yet...there's been (just from what I've seen) around 10 posts or so that very nicely explained to you why you can't do it -and- very nicely & politely asked you to stop.

See, in my eyes, you're not an ass-hole for being ignorant/not knowing any better...-BUT-...people (yourself included:) who stick their fingers in their ears, run around sticking their tongue out, saying "nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah" in the middle of very childish temper-tantrums = an "ass-hole".

You should read posts from every/any other users here, and, you'll see that no one else posts in all caps...and...that EVERYONE else - when nicely told & instructed about something that they might not yet realize is wrong - just as politely as they were asked...they'll (usually apologize) BUT they'll ALWAYS acknowledge and fix/correct whatever it is they were doing to piss everyone off.

It's one thing to not be aware of something.

It's another thing to be politely made aware of your mistakes, and then you *insist* that "I'm gonna' keep doing it 'cause I wanna/Why's everybody picking on me; the new guy"?

That's an ASS-HOLE.

If the shoe fits... 8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

patrickmeansly

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 03:56:29 pm »

New members?

Sure.  If you read through old topics & threads - you'll find that I'm nothing but friendly & welcoming to new members :)

You?

Honestly...I doubt it :(

1st impressions being lasting ones, and all of that rot  :o

While nobody may have strung the *exact* words "Would you please stop posting in all caps" to you yet...there's been (just from what I've seen) around 10 posts or so that very nicely explained to you why you can't do it -and- very nicely & politely asked you to stop.

See, in my eyes, you're not an ass-hole for being ignorant/not knowing any better...-BUT-...people (yourself included:) who stick their fingers in their ears, run around sticking their tongue out, saying "nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah" in the middle of very childish temper-tantrums = an "ass-hole".

You should read posts from every/any other users here, and, you'll see that no one else posts in all caps...and...that EVERYONE else - when nicely told & instructed about something that they might not yet realize is wrong - just as politely as they were asked...they'll (usually apologize) BUT they'll ALWAYS acknowledge and fix/correct whatever it is they were doing to piss everyone off.

It's one thing to not be aware of something.

It's another thing to be politely made aware of your mistakes, and then you *insist* that "I'm gonna' keep doing it 'cause I wanna/Why's everybody picking on me; the new guy"?

That's an ASS-HOLE.

If the shoe fits... 8)

okay but that your opinion.  i would never go off on any member unless they directed something towards me.  i am not God or the site creator, so i do not feel i have the right to tell others what they can and cannot do.  i do not know who made anyone else God either, but hey thats your view.  my job can tell me what i can and cannot do.  a video game collecting site with a bunch of adults still collecting, playing or talking about video games do not have the right to tell me what to do.  this site was i thought for fun of games and collecting.   

foxhack

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 04:11:34 pm »
I've had just about enough.

I'm locking this. If you guys can't stand how patrick types, well, then just don't read his posts. No need for namecalling, no need for personal insults, and no need for anything else.

This is a warning to EVERYONE. I don't care who's in the right or not. Keep acting like little kids and I'll have to start treating you as such.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:13:14 pm by foxhack »