Author Topic: Panzer Dragoon Saga  (Read 2619 times)

patrickmeansly

Panzer Dragoon Saga
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:35:58 pm »
I came across Panzer Dragoon Saga case and instructions only on ebay for 239.99.  Would anyone pay this much for this, and get the disks at a later time for 200 or so????

here is the link to the ebay auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panzer-Dragoon-Saga-Case-and-Instruction-Manual-Sega-Saturn-/121107191579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c328d171b
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:13:26 pm by exonerator »

Re: PANZER DRAGOON SAGA
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »
Well this is strange.... I was just looking up panzer dragoon Cuz I literally know nothing about them like 2 minutes later I get an email saying panzer dragoon is a new topic on vgcollect lol
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

patrickmeansly

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 08:42:15 pm »
Well this is strange.... I was just looking up panzer dragoon Cuz I literally know nothing about them like 2 minutes later I get an email saying panzer dragoon is a new topic on vgcollect lol

lol.  thats funny.  Yea I recently found out about them.  Panzer dragoon 1 and 2 on sega saturn on supposedly not that rare but panzer drgaoon saga was.  the problem is its a 400-600 dollar game on ebay.  But according to youtube and saturn reviews, it truly defined the saturn but only a certain amount of copies were made or something.  I was thinking of getting case and manual, getting a box and manual to another rare game, then completing them later or something.  let me know if you ever play it because i heard dragoon saga is awesomme!!

patrickmeansly

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 08:43:07 pm »

oh snap!  as soon as i got done responding to your message, some one posted a buy it now on ebay for 229 for just the disks!  thats crazy

patrickmeansly

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:44:52 pm »

i got to figure out how to get notifications right.  how the heck do you get emails on posts???

scott

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 09:15:52 pm »
PDS is up over 200 just for the discs? Man am I glad I got it when I did, for sure. Makes the deal I got on all 3 look a lot better.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 09:19:50 pm »

[/quote]

i got to figure out how to get notifications right.  how the heck do you get emails on posts???
[/quote]

Under a certain topic genre(one that most interests you or all of them) click notify. I got a notify on classic and market lol.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:26:07 pm by slothingXPIG »
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

patrickmeansly

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 09:21:12 pm »
PDS is up over 200 just for the discs? Man am I glad I got it when I did, for sure. Makes the deal I got on all 3 look a lot better.

yea i started collecting too too late.  can i ask, how much did you get it for???

scott

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »
I got all 3 Saturn Panzer Dragoon games for like $250 or something almost 2 years ago.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

patrickmeansly

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 10:01:11 pm »
I got all 3 Saturn Panzer Dragoon games for like $250 or something almost 2 years ago.

oh wow!  great eeal. 

sin2beta

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »
You know, that is the standard price. Games like that are hard to give advice on because it could increase in value and finding deals is rare without connections. What part of the country do you live in. If you live in a bigger city, sometimes you can pick up super rare stuff in person at conventions. They won't be any cheaper but you can check condition and maybe bundle to get some other games cheap.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

patrickmeansly

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 10:36:48 pm »
You know, that is the standard price. Games like that are hard to give advice on because it could increase in value and finding deals is rare without connections. What part of the country do you live in. If you live in a bigger city, sometimes you can pick up super rare stuff in person at conventions. They won't be any cheaper but you can check condition and maybe bundle to get some other games cheap.

unfortunately, I currently live in southern alabama.  we dont have any conventions here, or even a retro game store other than flea market stores which are over priced.  and thats what im worried about is it increasing over time.  wasnt there only like 40,000 copies sent to retail stores in america or so in 98???

sin2beta

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 10:44:42 pm »

unfortunately, I currently live in southern alabama.  we dont have any conventions here, or even a retro game store other than flea market stores which are over priced.  and thats what im worried about is it increasing over time.  wasnt there only like 40,000 copies sent to retail stores in america or so in 98???

You know, that number seemed really small. But from what I'm seeing it might have only been 3 runs, 6000, 12000, and 12000. This puts it at 30,000. So yeah, this game is super rare. Many say it is better than Final Fantasy 7 for 32-bit RPGs. To be honest, it is one I have never played.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

patrickmeansly

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 10:47:56 pm »
that was my next question, what was your review on the game.  I hate thinking about which games to buy because their are so many on my wish list.  but i want to get this before it runs out

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 02:54:46 am »
I think the pricing is simply ridiculous, but I don't pay any attention to US Saturn prices so for all I know that may be reasonable in this day and age. Be warned though it's a very short and very easy game - it's also one of the best RPGs I've ever played, but it's something buyers need to be made aware of.