Author Topic: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!  (Read 23161 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2014, 11:04:21 am »
Dont believe it all what they ask on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Vintage-Prototype-Philips-In2It-Handheld-Computer-Sealed-Watch-Music-Mail-Game-/191048272748?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2c7b5d4b6c&_uhb=1

Worth around 100 euro's over here.

I understand that eBay isn't a price guide.  I was just using it to show that this isn't cheap.  Anyway, a couple of Game & Watch articles I've found reference this game.  It's sought after.

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2014, 01:36:50 am »
i try to spend a max of 20 dollars when buying games, but there are a few special cases where im completely willing to dish out more cash.

so far the most expensive game i've paid for is 45 bucks for a CIB gunstar heroes.

i plan on getting all taito releases for the nes and that's going to be a huge strain on my wallet.

I got EarthBound, from a GoodWill, for $5.95

Excuse me.

*picks jaw up off of floor*

You are a lucky, lucky man.

dude, that little samson for 5 bucks is even more insane. earthbound isn't even rare, its just way, WAY overpriced

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2014, 09:16:07 pm »
$675 for my UMK3 cabinet.

Runner up is $209 for the Sonic the Hedgehog on Master System.

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2014, 09:47:36 pm »
i try to spend a max of 20 dollars when buying games, but there are a few special cases where im completely willing to dish out more cash.

so far the most expensive game i've paid for is 45 bucks for a CIB gunstar heroes.

i plan on getting all taito releases for the nes and that's going to be a huge strain on my wallet.

I got EarthBound, from a GoodWill, for $5.95

I found Earthbound for $5 recently as well, but yeah it is very, very overpriced given how common it is.
Excuse me.

*picks jaw up off of floor*

You are a lucky, lucky man.

dude, that little samson for 5 bucks is even more insane. earthbound isn't even rare, its just way, WAY overpriced

argyle

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2014, 06:54:32 am »
Probably the most expensive game I have, not counting collector's editions, would be .hack//Quarantine.  I bought the full set off of a good friend of mine last Fall who isn't much of a collector & was trying to work up some extra money for a PS4.  I paid him $150 for the full 4-game set, complete & in mint like-new condition.  So I guess that works out to $37.50 / game. 

Counting collector's editions, it's probably my Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition.  I bought just the game at first and absolutely loved it, regretted not getting the CE.  Then I saw that there were still some available for preorder on the German Amazon, and that those sets were completely in English (game & book).  So I imported one for $109, shipped.  It's worth at least double that now, not that I would ever part with it. 

Probably the most I ever PAID for a game was Steel Battalion, back in the day - I think it retailed for $250.  Sadly I sold it, kinda wish I still had it in my collection.

A lot of now valuable games have gone through my hands over the years, back when I was more willing to part with things.  I don't want to talk about those.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2014, 11:35:06 am »

Counting collector's editions, it's probably my Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition.  I bought just the game at first and absolutely loved it, regretted not getting the CE.  Then I saw that there were still some available for preorder on the German Amazon, and that those sets were completely in English (game & book).  So I imported one for $109, shipped.  It's worth at least double that now, not that I would ever part with it. 

You are one lucky dude. Namco/Bandai really dropped the ball on North American gamers with this thing. They made it exclusive through their website, and even if you did preorder it, a ton of people had their preorders cancelled or just didn't get one because of issues with their distributor. Of course because of this they were going for like $400 for a while. They have calmed down in price and can now be had for around $200 used, but I'm still holding out for them to drop around $150. I preordered it at an indi game shop that somehow managed to get three in, however they pulled a huge bait and switch on me and decided that they were going to charge me $350 instead of the $100 MSRP. Last time I ever did business with those greedy POSes.

Warmsignal

« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2014, 09:16:10 pm »
Popful Mail for Sega CD. I think it was about $150.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2014, 04:06:54 am »
Popful Mail for Sega CD. I think it was about $150.

Funny timing....  I just got one of these in my store the other day....  I put it on hold and I'll pick it up for 110$ next week or the week after....  Great game, wish I hadn't gotten rid of my original....

segasuperstar2014

« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2014, 03:38:16 am »
I think my most expensive game would be Sonic Adventure 2 and sonic shuffle on the dreamcast for £90 each. They are sealed. Second would be Resident Evil Code veronica X on the gamecube sealed for £50

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2014, 09:14:11 am »
I bought a priceless msx AX600 $ 500 a year ago
Because this device msx ax600 is very very rare

« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2014, 04:02:30 pm »
My most expensive console game just went up with a tie...

Legend of Hero Tonma - TG16 - $300
Dungeon Explorer II - TGCD - $300

« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2014, 09:33:59 pm »
I don't spend a lot for one game, so the game I've paid the highest price for was Guitar Hero : World Tour Band Kit.

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2014, 05:28:22 pm »
Other than the typical $60 for a modern release...
Doki Doki Panic @ $45 cib
Bubble Bobble (FDS) @ $50 cib
Game & Watch: Fire @ $72 fine condition.

« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »
Resident Evil Code veronica X on the gamecube sealed for £50

Awesome that you found this sealed. This game took me FOREVER to find here in the states. I finally found a used copy for $30 at a local game store last minth, finishing my GC collection.