Author Topic: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!  (Read 22762 times)

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GAME!
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2014, 10:28:48 pm »
Most expensive game for me to date is Suikoden II. Paid $155 for that.

pizzasafari

« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2014, 12:37:27 pm »
Most expensive game I own is probably my complete The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Not sure how much it's worth across the pond but according to eBay over here it's worth about £120, so that's about $200, and mine's pretty much like new. Got it from my friend for £70. Over the moon about that. ;D

Most I've ever paid for a game was probably for the BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Limited Box. Got that sealed off eBay for £90. Worth every penny.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:42:34 pm by LeJason »

mrnikon

« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2014, 08:16:48 pm »
Minestorm since it comes with the Vectrx.

« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2020, 09:13:23 pm »
I found this thread, after a forum search. this was after I looked up the following on the Internet, still can't believe this happened  (Mar 2, 2019)

my personal most expensive video game was Banjo Toowie for the Nintendo 64 at $45-$50 USD

According to google the most expensive video game ever sold is "Super Mario Bros"? ???

A rare copy of 'Super Mario Bros. ' sold for more than $100,000, making it the most expensive video game ever sold. Nintendo's "Super Mario Bros." is one of the most iconic video game franchises in the world, and well-maintained copies of the original game are now coveted by collectors.Mar 2, 2019
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:14:55 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ferraroso

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2020, 01:02:14 am »
Wow.
Good job in ressurecting this old thread, oldgamerz.

Well, in my case, the most I've ever paid for a game was like ¥15,000 (around US$140.00) for The King of Fighters '98: Dream Match Never Ends for the Neo Geo AES.

It wasn't anything overly expensive neither too rare, but since it is a game that holds a very special place in my heart, I will try purchaising it for as much consoles as I can.

tripredacus

« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2020, 10:02:10 am »
The most I've ever spent on a game actually would be $99, which was Borderlands 3 on PC. And that, is a digital game folks.  :o

Physical game, not sure. Anything at retail price of new release would be it. I do not spend above retail for items on the secondary market.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2020, 10:21:37 am »
Holy Blast from the past, Batman!

This thread was done before I had flintstones 2 or Little Samson. What a trip it’s been!   

sworddude

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2020, 05:28:39 pm »
if where talking normal games probably my nm copy of Hagane for snes

I will say though I'm kinda shocked how much musha on sega genesis went up in price.

and that's not only thanks to corona 1 year before the virus that price was also way higher than 1 or 2 years ago what happened for people to pay that much more?

Rarely spend on a game and if i spend usually under 50 at a really good to bargain price or 60 with some new games but had something to celebrate when I bought a minty musha on genesis. spend 300 ish at the time .
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:37:58 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2020, 07:54:50 pm »
My most expensive game is probably Panzer Dragoon Saga paid $200.00 or my sealed Battletoads for nes I paid $5.00 for.

« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2020, 08:47:34 pm »
10 years ago, I paid 300$ for King of Fighters 2003 for NeoGeo AES, US version. It was like new but without the manual, a common mistake by SNK around that time. I remember few copies of the last released (2001-2004) for the NeoGeo had no manual, that pissed off many collectors. The quality control wasnt the same at SNK after their bankruptcy, (like the Samurai Shodown V Special bug).

Now Im not sure what it worth, I see Japanese version (more common) go for 1700$.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

telekill

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2020, 08:34:08 am »
While the game itself was not more than usual at the time, it was everything I bought to make sure it played at it's best on day 1 that racked up the cost.

Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2)

Game - $50
Network Adapter - $40
PS2 HDD - $100
USB Keyboard - $20
-----------------------
Total - $210 + Tax

Then I bought the $15 strategy guide on top of that and it became my most used strategy guide ever due to the sheer amount of unlockables in that game. Very impressive and the hundreds of hours I poured into that game made the price worth it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2020, 10:50:58 pm »
Ah yes.... the time I tried to create a new thread of shame titled "the most we've OVER paid for a game" (as in paying more than it was worth), and my topic somehow got merged into this as being the same. I see my post regarding this misunderstanding is still lingering in the comment section, unaddressed. Good times, good times.

Well I do have a new record regarding THE MOST I've paid for a game since the last time. I dropped a icy cool $320 on Saturn Bomber man last winter.... and it was WORTH IT. Maybe not, but still it's a good game. I just dropped nearly the same amount on another R@RE L@@K game today. I don't wanna reveal what it is just yet, though.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:52:34 pm by Warmsignal »

megasilverx1

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2020, 10:09:27 pm »
I think the most I've spent on a game is the version of Mario Maker 2 that came with one year of Nintendo's online service. In terms of more older things: spending about $70 for a loose copy of Tail Concerto for PS1 and $60 for a loose copy of Solatorobo: Red the Hunter for DS. Holy crap though it seems like both of those games really jumped up in price though since I got them like two years ago, especially Solatorobo.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:13:29 pm by megasilverx1 »