Author Topic: Overrated Games  (Read 1447 times)

htimreimer

Overrated Games
« on: May 18, 2013, 05:03:02 am »
a while ago i asked what movies are overrated and now i'm asking what games are overrated

fear: it has a 88 on metacritic. its so bland,boring and not vary scary. 90% of the scares are just cheap and lazy jump scares and the gameplay is bland and boring. i think the slow motion thing was supposed to be the thing that separates itself from the fps pack but it gets old vary quickly and dosent improve the overall quality of the gameplay. overall its a vary mediocre fps with a decent story and atmosphere also lacks any scares
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:06:32 am by htimreimer »

Re: Overrated Games
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 11:38:46 am »
I don't see what all the fuss is about with Megaman to be honest. I wouldn't necessarily say they're overrated, more that there's a huge gulf between what most people seem to think about them and what I think about them.

brunauss

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 01:57:25 pm »
Killer Instinct in general. They should have waited to port KI1 to N64 and KI2 to Gamecube. Instead Nintendo Marketing tried to compensate for the poor decision made. Good thing the fighting action and music was great.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 01:59:45 pm »
Super Mario 64.

I understand that it was an achievement in 3D gaming, with the open level design. But the game was just bland, and boring to me. And I HATE that you had to replay the same levels over-and-over again, which made it all much more boring.

The other platformers of the time were much more fun, IMO. The Crash Bandicoots, the Spyros, Pac-Man World, Gex (the first game at least), and Rayman.

scott

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 02:08:12 pm »
Didn't we have this thread already? lol
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

haloofthesun

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 02:14:40 pm »
Most people groan and roll their eyes and dismiss me when I say this, but: Half-Life series. Incredibly boring.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 03:22:30 pm »

Yep -and- it was too recent for me to type out all of my picks & answers again...  :-X
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 04:58:26 pm »

Yep -and- it was too recent for me to type out all of my picks & answers again...  :-X
i must of miss it some how and considering how much i go on this site, i really don't know how i miss it

scott

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 10:16:02 pm »
i must of miss it some how and considering how much i go on this site, i really don't know how i miss it

Lol, ya and it looks like you are the one that started it! ;)

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,3220.msg32354.html#msg32354

htimreimer

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 10:52:38 pm »

Lol, ya and it looks like you are the one that started it! ;)

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,3220.msg32354.html#msg32354
Daaamn, what the hell happen to me?

scott

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 11:03:00 pm »
Lololol

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 08:35:07 am »
We still love ya, Htimreimer!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argusfrost

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 07:05:29 am »
I'll probably catch some grief for this but....

ANYTHING that has the title "Call Of Duty" in it. 

I tried playing the old games, the recent ones and even the ones released with roman numerals after them.  I cannot find anything to like about these games at all.  They're too fast, you can kill quickly but you also die too quickly and they are a bit too 'realistic' (to an extent) for my taste.  When I play video games, especially FPS games, I want stuff like overshields, plasma grenades, Needlers, rocket launchers (that hold at least 50 rockets) gatling guns, double barreled shotguns and BFG9000s.  I guess I'm too big of a "Halo" and "Doom" fan to appreciate the realism of the "Call Of Duty" series.