Author Topic: June 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 21723 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: June 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 10:16:14 pm »
My wife bought the Animal Crossing 3DS XL tonight. She was a big Animal Crossing fan on the GameCube.  I'm looking at it as an investment. If she'll spend "bells" maybe she won't spend real $Dollars$

insektmute

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2013, 10:41:44 am »
Still hitting the PC crackpipe hard lately. I might've mentioned some of these before, but not 100% sure, since I've basically just been faceplanting into any big sale I run across and making out like a bandit.

- Alan Wake
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare
- Batman: Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition
- Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
- Brutal Legend
- The Cave
- Chantelise
- Company of Heroes 2
- Costume Quest
- Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition
- Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone
- Iron Brigade
- Jade Empire: Special Edition
- The Last Remnant
- Psychonauts
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
- Rome: Total War - Gold Edition (Only a freaking dollar!)
- Silent Storm: Gold Edition
- Sid Meier's Civilization V - Gold Edition
- Stacking
- Trine
- Trine 2

Oh, and all the Dishonored DLC was on sale the other day, so I grabbed it all in one go :D

Decided to start upgrading 360 games I have to PC versions whenever possible too, given that I suspect Xbox Live will completely drop access to DLC and patches in short order once the Xbox One hits.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:45:45 am by insektmute »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2013, 02:02:38 pm »
^ Dang those are some good games! Most of those I played on XBox, though.

If you're a metal fan, you'll completely fall in love with Brutal Legend. The Batman Arkham games are some of the best comic games, nay, some of the best games, period, ever. Jade Empire is a fantastic and unique RPG. And Morrowind stole many hours from my life.

sin2beta

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2013, 03:50:46 pm »
Picked up Snatcher  8) ...

on the Sega Saturn  ::) I'm really looking forward to playing it though. Won it shipped from Japan for $11. A lot better than the 250 for Sega CD. I'm able to play through and understand Policenauts with my limited Japanese knowledge. Looking forward to doing the same with Snatcher!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

insektmute

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2013, 09:06:12 pm »

If you're a metal fan, you'll completely fall in love with Brutal Legend. The Batman Arkham games are some of the best comic games, nay, some of the best games, period, ever. Jade Empire is a fantastic and unique RPG. And Morrowind stole many hours from my life.

Yeah, I scored pretty good. There was a great deal on all the Double Fine games on amazon, plus a slew of sales on Steam, GOG, and Green Man Gaming, so I figured I'd indulge while I can :)

I actually own or have played some of these games before, though. Jade Empire was great on Xbox, but I'm really anxious to see the improved visuals on PC, and Arkham is... well, I have gripes about the combat system, but I really can't resist the atmosphere. They really nailed it when it comes to making it feel like you're sucked into the world of Batman.

As for Morrowind, I still can't believe I haven't played it before. Played Daggerfall way back when, blasted through Oblivion, played Skyrim... just never got around to Morrowind, for some reason. Been curious on Brutal Legend, too. The demo I tried awhile back was great, but the comments about the RTS sections kinda put me off until I saw that bundle pop up. Very charming game from what I did play, though.

sin2beta

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2013, 10:50:10 pm »
Out of boredom, I took the train to movie trading company. Found a copy of Quackshot on Genesis CIB for $5 (kinda standard). But it's a game I've heard good things about but have never played. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:37 pm »
Neat. Quackshot was -the- game that made me go "Huh, maybe the Genesis isn't such a POS console after all."

I was young. :P

theflea

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2013, 03:10:30 pm »
Home from another decent day of garage sales. Heres what i got today.

PS2 (and the count down to 1000th game continues) (all $1 each)
984 - NBA 2K10
985 - Pac-Man World 2
986 - Pac-Man World 3
987 - Soldier of Fortune: Gold Edition

Xbox (all $1 each)
- Blazing Angels
- Burnout Revenge
- Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005 Season
- Cabela's Outdoor Adventures
- ESPN NHL 2K5
- Fifa Soccer 06
- Juiced
- SRS: Street Racing Syndicate
- Real World Golf with controller (sealed in box) ($5)

Wii
- Tony Hawk Ride (with board and receiver) $5
- Wario Ware: Smooth Moves ($6)
- Metroid Prime 3 ($6)
- Goldeneye 007 ($4)

PS3 (all games where $6)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Spider-Man 3
- Borderlands 2
- Street Fighter IV

Picked up one Sega Genesis game for $1
- Toy Story

Picked up four Game Gear Games all $1
- MLBPA Baseball (Sealed)
- Super Columns
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Pac-Man

Picked up a Gameboy Color (teal) with Driver game for $3

Picked up a Nintendo DS lite (cobalt/black) CIB with seven games with charger and cary case all for $35
- Star Wars Battlefront
- New Super Mario Bros.
- Mario Kart DS
- Zoo Tycoon DS 2
- Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Pokemon: Diamond Version
- Clue/Mouse Trap/Perfection/Aggravation 

And last but not least picked up a N64 brand new in the box with a CIB copy of Jet Force Gemini and a Atomic Purple Controller also CIB.
This stuff looks like it was barely used. got it all for $22  ;D

"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »

Yeah, I scored pretty good. There was a great deal on all the Double Fine games on amazon, plus a slew of sales on Steam, GOG, and Green Man Gaming, so I figured I'd indulge while I can :)

I actually own or have played some of these games before, though. Jade Empire was great on Xbox, but I'm really anxious to see the improved visuals on PC, and Arkham is... well, I have gripes about the combat system, but I really can't resist the atmosphere. They really nailed it when it comes to making it feel like you're sucked into the world of Batman.

As for Morrowind, I still can't believe I haven't played it before. Played Daggerfall way back when, blasted through Oblivion, played Skyrim... just never got around to Morrowind, for some reason. Been curious on Brutal Legend, too. The demo I tried awhile back was great, but the comments about the RTS sections kinda put me off until I saw that bundle pop up. Very charming game from what I did play, though.

To tell you the truth, Morrowind might be hard to go back to if you've since played a lot of Oblivion and Skyrim.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »
Picked up Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Columns for the SMS. Also found Dragon Age Origins for the Xbox360 at a thrift store.

I'm going to have to redo my shelving again. The SMS collection is starting to push the SegaCD stuff to a different shelf.

scott

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2013, 11:13:57 pm »
Picked up Uncharted on my quest to get PS3 exclusives. Unfortunately the copy I got was lacking the manual and its a GH disc in a regular label case too. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2013, 10:23:27 am »
Found a PS2 in a Goodwill yesterday.  It was $40, but it was Blue Tag Day.  All Blue Tag items are half price.  I'll take a PS2 with 2 controls and 2 memory cards for 20 bones.  Now, I'm a guy that isn't a Sony fan at all that has all 3 Playstations and thinking about preording #4.

On the same trip, I got more than a little excited when I saw Super Smash Bros Melee with a $3 tag on it.  Turns out some bastard stole the disc from Goodwill.  The bright side is they gave me a very nice case, manual, and inserts for nothing.

blipcs76

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:36 am »
On the same trip, I got more than a little excited when I saw Super Smash Bros Melee with a $3 tag on it.  Turns out some bastard stole the disc from Goodwill.  The bright side is they gave me a very nice case, manual, and inserts for nothing.

Sucks when someone does that.  Or when they take one of the discs from a multi-disc game.  I found disc 2 of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (GC) at a pawn shop floating around, but disc 1 and the case were nowhere to be found.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2013, 10:33:37 am »

Sucks when someone does that.  Or when they take one of the discs from a multi-disc game.  I found disc 2 of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (GC) at a pawn shop floating around, but disc 1 and the case were nowhere to be found.

I'm going to go back today.  Maybe there is a GameCube that hadn't been put out yet with Smash Bros in it.  I doubt it though.  about half the games were empty cases.  Someone raped them.

htimreimer

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2013, 10:55:45 am »
Found a PS2 in a Goodwill yesterday.  It was $40, but it was Blue Tag Day.  All Blue Tag items are half price.  I'll take a PS2 with 2 controls and 2 memory cards for 20 bones.  Now, I'm a guy that isn't a Sony fan at all that has all 3 Playstations and thinking about preording #4.

ya.. that happens way more than it should, i cant tell you how many times i went to my local thrift store and the one item i want is for the most part stolen