Author Topic: June 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 22017 times)

scott

Re: June 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2013, 06:47:13 pm »
I remembered I had a 20% off a Used Game coupon from GameStop for my B-day. So I took that in along w/ my copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and traded it in (I already replaced it w/ a CIB GH copy yesterday). I walked out w/ inFAMOUS, Uncharted 2 and 3. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2013, 07:05:23 pm »
found a nice amount of PSP
-Castlevania: the Dracula X Chronicles
-Crisis Core: FFVII
-Dissidia : Final Fantasy
-Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle (missing Manual)
-Valhalla Knight

Also 2 Gamecube games
-Donkey Konga
-Donkey Konga 2

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2013, 07:33:26 pm »
$2 for Megaman X, $1 for Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak, and $3.50 for Sonic 2

Megamans label is wrecked but its playable so for $2 I can't complain.

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »
The 3 Game Gear carts I left behind yesterday were still there today. Only today I had a 50% off coupon for everything in the store. I walked away with these 3 at $2 each with tax.

sin2beta

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2013, 05:31:05 pm »
The 3 Game Gear carts I left behind yesterday were still there today. Only today I had a 50% off coupon for everything in the store. I walked away with these 3 at $2 each with tax.

Starting to pick up a few Game Gear games, huh? Good going.

What's with the NES controller in all your pictures, if you don't mind me asking. Is it like a signature?
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »
I bought The Witcher 2 on Steam.

... before I realized I already owned it on GOG. Someone gave me a spare GOG key a while back. Doh.

I can technically get a GOG backup key again, but I dunno if they'd let me. :P

« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2013, 09:14:45 pm »

What's with the NES controller in all your pictures, if you don't mind me asking. Is it like a signature?

Yes it is my signature. I carry it with me where ever I go also. I am not sure why as I hate the colors of it. I also hope to recap and LED mod my Game Gears and get them working. I can do the work I just can't find the caps without ordering online.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:19:19 pm by thelung »

sin2beta

« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2013, 09:39:46 pm »

Yes it is my signature. I carry it with me where ever I go also. I am not sure why as I hate the colors of it. I also hope to recap and LED mod my Game Gears and get them working. I can do the work I just can't find the caps without ordering online.

Really? They seemed fairly common. Does radioshack not cary caps any more. I mean, for all I know, they may be nothing but a cell phone reseller now. Actually, that wouldn't surprise me at all. It would be a shame though.

« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2013, 09:48:23 pm »
They have some but not the 68uf i need. I have the rest from stuff I have taken apart. I also went to the big Electronic Store Fry's and nothing. I am going to have to order some from Digikey, I just hate buying online. Radio Shack is mostly phones and batteries now.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2013, 10:39:59 pm »
I picked up a boatload of common stuff. It was mostly Madden and the like. It was an all or nothing deal, and I wanted that Sarge's Heroes 2. Also got LittleBigPlanet2, GTA San Andreas, a yellow N64 control, Platinum GameCube, and all types of ill shit. 

« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2013, 10:42:44 pm »
They have some but not the 68uf i need. I have the rest from stuff I have taken apart. I also went to the big Electronic Store Fry's and nothing. I am going to have to order some from Digikey, I just hate buying online. Radio Shack is mostly phones and batteries now.
there's a site I use when refurbishing handhelds that carries a cap replacement kit for the gamegear. Its 10 bucks. might be a little high for some capacitors but its convenient.
http://www.nintendorepairhut.com/repairsupplies/segamobilerepairsup.html

« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »
there's a site I use when refurbishing handhelds that carries a cap replacement kit for the gamegear. Its 10 bucks. might be a little high for some capacitors but its convenient.

Thanks for the link. I found this place which is a bit cheaper. Any one bought from this place?
http://console5.com/store/kits/game-console-cap-kits/sega-game-gear-cap-kit-for-va1-models.html
I have most of what I need to get it working. For about the same price of 1 set I could buy 50 of the 68uf caps from Digikey. I have like 50 100uf caps that should do the job.

sin2beta

« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »

Thanks for the link. I found this place which is a bit cheaper. Any one bought from this place?
http://console5.com/store/kits/game-console-cap-kits/sega-game-gear-cap-kit-for-va1-models.html
I have most of what I need to get it working. For about the same price of 1 set I could buy 50 of the 68uf caps from Digikey. I have like 50 100uf caps that should do the job.

That's the thing. Capacitors are pretty cheap. Cheap enough that a pack to replace the GG caps for $10 is showing a massive markup. But it sucks to just buy a handful of caps from Mouser or the like. A possible bet is to go ahead and stock up on GG caps and then undercut the $10 guys by a lot...

« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2013, 12:36:43 pm »
final fantasy tactics - psp
forza 4 - xbox 360
assassins creed revelations - xbox 360
dark souls - ps3
just dance 3 - wii
just dance greatest hits - wii

« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2013, 09:44:57 am »
Got these for 5$ from a friend who bought them in USA :)

Only problem, the Twisted Metal box is empty, but i cannot complain for the real good price!