Author Topic: The Taco Bell Licker  (Read 4601 times)

thomascozine

The Taco Bell Licker
« on: June 04, 2013, 09:33:25 pm »
This was too funny to not talk about. http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/04/shell-licking-employee-isolated-incident-taco-bell-claims/

Dude's name is Sam Colby.  I live in the town where this happened. Ridgecrest, CA. From what I understand he's been fired.

You guys think he should have been fired? Thing is these shells were apparently not going to be served. I've heard 2 different stories about them. First, that they were "training tacos." Which sounds dumb and not a real thing. Second, that they were old and gonna be thrown out. Which, if true, makes more sense.

I'm just glad that of all the things to go viral from my town that this was it and nothing too serious.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: The Taco Bell Licker
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:04:08 pm »
policies at food joints can be a joke, but I can see why they would fire him being how customers would see that and possibly be disgusted with the restaurant in general and that means lost of customers.

soera

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 10:41:37 pm »
My mom caught wind of the pic. She is a promoter of health food forums and this was just one thing for her to slam Taco Bell on. I assumed it was a joke/not a big deal ... especially since it was on Taco Bell's own facebook. But at the same time I can see why the upper end would consider it harmful to their image and want to terminate the person.

thomascozine

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:34:02 am »
To be honest it isn't the best Taco Bell. They've messed up my orders the last few times. I'm hoping now that they'll get their act together.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 02:34:19 pm »
It's not like the licking could make their food any worse.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 02:57:54 pm »
"Taco Bell is defending a sick shell game purportedly played by one of its employees."

I'm sorry, but what self-respecting journalist would write that? That would get rejected by my high school newspaper. And who is Matthew Snider? They mention him near the end of the article without any introduction at all. This is just sloppy writing all around. (Yeah, yeah, I know I'm missing the point completely, but if I turned something like that into the newspaper I work at now, I wouldn't have a job for much longer. And I work for a no-name rag where half the content is written by people fresh out of high school. I'm a joy at parties, I know.)

Getting back on track, do I think the kid was doing something stupid? Yes. Do I think the company officials are overreacting like crazy? Absolutely.

EDIT: Also, from the thread's title, I was expecting a Photoshop of a Resident Evil Licker in a Taco Bell. I think that would be a million times more entertaining.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:00:53 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 04:00:52 pm »
I've licked a few tacos in my time.  ;D

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 04:35:13 pm »
EDIT: Also, from the thread's title, I was expecting a Photoshop of a Resident Evil Licker in a Taco Bell. I think that would be a million times more entertaining.
I almost posted a picture of a licker but didn't want to make the thread NSFW by accident. :P

soera

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 05:53:15 pm »

I was going to comment this earlier but figure someone may take offense to it so I didnt ... but since someone else mentioned it - thumbs up!

topspot123

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 06:21:42 pm »

I was going to comment this earlier but figure someone may take offense to it so I didnt ... but since someone else mentioned it - thumbs up!

I've thumbed up a few tacos in my time.

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 06:25:47 pm »
Really, guys?

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 06:41:33 pm »
Really, guys?

I love how you tried to keep this SFW by not posting a Licker picture, only for ... this to happen. ::)
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

scott

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 06:54:52 pm »
lol.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 07:40:15 pm »
Hey you cant get mad ... considering this site is 2.5 years old, we've done pretty well to keep the silly pervy comments to a minimum! :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 07:52:59 pm »
What? I like Mexican food. You guys need to get your heads out of the gutter.  :P