Author Topic: Refuse to Watch  (Read 3699 times)

htimreimer

Refuse to Watch
« on: June 22, 2013, 12:06:28 pm »
is there a movie or actor that you refuse to watch and why?

the lorax: i grew up watching the original cartoon and as a kid i liked it, now that i'm adult i realized that there more to the cartoon then colorful animation and music.
in its 25 minute running time, its has a lot of environmental politics in it and it talks about how theres two sides of the argument (environmental & economic), there's no villain in the cartoon and both characters are treated equally wrong but in different ways and the cartoon ends with a biblical reference . 

the new movie looks neutered, pandering to children and ripping out all of the stuff that made the original cartoon and book interesting, they added a stereotypical villain and  teenagers to be "relatable", this could've been a smart movie but instead its pandering and PC
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:00:03 pm by htimreimer »

soera

Re: Refuse to Watch
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 02:20:28 pm »
There are actors I refuse to watch. Tom Green mostly. That guy is a fucking piece of useless shit and should be stuck to the front end of a semi the way the evil bear in Toy Story 3 was near the end of the movie.

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 04:02:35 pm »
There are actors I refuse to watch.
that's fine,there's a lot of actors people refuse to watch

ffxik

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »
Pretty much most anything on TV.  I know that is broad but that's how I feel.  Hollywood isn't making anything to original and TV is eat up with "reality TV". 

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 07:32:25 pm »
Anything that has Beyonce Knowles in it. That Pepsi commercial where she is dancing in the mirror is the worse.

soera

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 09:52:45 pm »
Anything that has Beyonce Knowles in it. That Pepsi commercial where she is dancing in the mirror is the worse.

My hero. I find her repulsive. I used to work with this one guy who was obsessed with her. I couldnt understand it at all.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 10:30:47 pm »
twilight. vampires dont sparkle

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 02:03:19 am »
Not really refuse to watch, but regret watching: Star Wars Christmas Special...
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 05:40:11 am »
Seth MacFarlane. I think he's an unfunny hack that relies far too much on shock value for laughs. But that isn't what bothers me the most about him, as I admit his shows will occasionally get a laugh out of me, if I'm in the right mood. I happen to side with him on a lot of issues, but any time he tries to incorporate these issues into his work, I want to disagree with him on principle, because he does it with such a lack of subtlety, and always demonizes those who oppose him. He also seems to this impenetrable air of smugness every time I see him on live action TV that makes me just want to punch him in the face.

Pardon the essay. I used to share an apartment with someone who was obsessed with Family Guy. I think it's changed me permanently.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 09:20:14 am »
I really don't like Hugh grant....
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 01:22:29 pm »
I refuse to watch the new Karate Kid. Jackie Chan is awesome, and I have no problem with Wil Smith's boy; bit they trampled on sacred ground. The Karate Kid is Ralph Machio and Mr. Miyagi is Pat Morita. They can make similar movie, or even a down right rip off; but stay off of my childhood.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 06:46:05 pm »
Modern day parody movies like Superhero Movie, Meet the Spartans, Scary movie 4 you know those kinds

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 07:14:01 pm »
Modern day parody movies like Superhero Movie, Meet the Spartans, Scary movie 4 you know those kinds

I was one of maybe 5 people in America who didn't know what Epic Movie was going in. I sat down to watch it with my cousins in a local theater, and couldn't make it past 20 minutes. It is the only movie I have ever walked out on, and I sat through all 140 minutes of Ang Lee's Hulk.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

soera

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 08:51:28 pm »

Ahhh the misery that is spoof movies. I hate spoof movies. My wife and step son however love them and will go to the movies for every new one that comes out.

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 08:57:58 am »
I also want to add Tyler Perry. I don't know if he is as big outside of the Atlanta Ga area but here for some reason he is a big thing. To me he is like watching a unfunny Martin Lawrence.