Author Topic: What do you HATE about collecting?  (Read 9534 times)

Re: What do you HATE about collecting?
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2012, 03:38:02 pm »
I use my girlfriend's nail polish remover and cotton balls to remove sticker residue all the time. It works wonders.

The thing I hate about collecting, is once I want something, I HAVE to have it. I get this feeling like the item will never be available again if I don't buy it right now.
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

desocietas

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2012, 11:38:25 am »
Instead of making a new post, thought I'd just add it to here.

I've been searching for a cheap copy of Paper Mario (GC) on eBay but so many of the photos either unknowingly (stupid) or knowingly (evil) cover up the "best seller" graphic that they started printing on the cover.

Just be upfront about it people!  Stop trying to trick me into buying something I don't want.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2012, 12:02:53 pm »
Resellers of newly released items are quickly become a large annoyance. For example, Nintendo's failure to release enough Circle Pad Pros for the 3DS has people attempting to sucker folks into paying up to double the price. Since you can't find it anywhere. Or the folks that are already trying to scam people out of an extra $20 for Xenoblade, when you can easily buy it direct from Nintendo
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2012, 12:09:02 pm »
Resellers of newly released items are quickly become a large annoyance. For example, Nintendo's failure to release enough Circle Pad Pros for the 3DS has people attempting to sucker folks into paying up to double the price. Since you can't find it anywhere. Or the folks that are already trying to scam people out of an extra $20 for Xenoblade, when you can easily buy it direct from Nintendo

Oh yeah, I saw that people were still doing that for Radiant Historia after the reprint.  It's dropped back down, fortunately.  Though the soundtrack bundle is going for $125 still!  I'm still kicking myself for not preordering it...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »
What about skylander figures that are being listed for $90 each knowing they are $9 on the store shelf?