Author Topic: September 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 18113 times)

Re: September 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 10:36:03 pm »
Good garage sale day for me, although not as good as Flea, to be sure.

A Snes, two controllers, and 8 games with manuals.

And bringing me into Atari collecting:
A Sears Video Arcade II, with 18 games.

All for $20!

Not Earthbound and Chrono Trigger for $5, but still made my day!

spac316

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 01:35:21 am »
Just recently bought New Super Luigi U for Wii U.
I also bought Battletoads and Double Dragon for SNES, Jak X :Combat Racing for PS2 and Nuclear Strike for PS1!

I also downloaded Summer Carnival '92: RECCA for the 3DS Virtual Console. You know, that rare Famicom game? Yeah, they released it outside Japan for the first time!
(I just submitted it so go ahead and add it to your collection or wish lists. ;))

blipcs76

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 10:21:50 am »
It can be exhausting, I get up about 7am and hit the streets and hit as many sales as I can, I usually don't head home til around 2pm. I'm even surprised on the luck I've had this year. There's a ton of resellers in my area. Half of the time I hear "your the 2nd, 3rd, etc person looking for games". 

That's about what we do, start on Saturday around 8:00 a.m., but we only go until about 11:00-12:00.  Anyone who specifically lists game stuff on CL sells it within an hour or two of when they open, and many garage sales in my city go from Thurs-Sat so resellers pretty much pick up anything good that's advertised.  Most of what I've found at garage sales was unadvertised, so it just comes down to luck and location.  I live in a city of about 250k -- living in a larger city gives you a lot more opportunity and you're more likely to come across niche stuff.  For every good find I've come across, I've probably thumbed through a dozen copies of Madden / Bratz / Imagine Babies games.

And yes, I hate you.  I haven't picked up a decent SNES game at a garage sale for two years.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:25:59 am by blipcs76 »

jcalder8

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 01:21:32 pm »
The guy was asking $60 for this lot but accepted my offer of $40. I am positive that he was going to call his dealer as soon as I left.

Reversi is complete and it was $5. Phantasy Star cost a little bit more,  it was $10. It was also game number 3000 in my collection!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 01:23:32 pm »
Heh Why cant I find a copy of Earthbound like that? :)

You ain't hittin dem streets like my boy, the flea, does.
Great finds man.

On a more depressing note, I hit a massive flea market, a game store, and a few yard sales and found a boatload of nothing. This weekend was a bust. The guy at the game store told me I missed a guy trying to sell a box of about 30 pristine complete NES games by about 15 min. But luckily, they got his number. I called and he's supposed to get back to me tomorrow.

Yeah I should hit garage sales but they dont seem to happen in my area like what it used to be like when I was younger. And good luck on that callback!

Well, the callback was just that, a Callback.  Dude decided not to sell any of it.  I told him to save my number and hit me up if he ever changed his mind.  I don't have to by them all.  I'll even do one at a time.  Oh well, another missed chance.  15 min too late.

The guy was asking $60 for this lot but accepted my offer of $40. I am positive that he was going to call his dealer as soon as I left.

I really feel sorry for  the kid that belonged to before this dude sold it.  Poor boy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:25:41 pm by turf »

desocietas

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 01:47:25 pm »

I really feel sorry for  the kid that belonged to before this dude sold it.  Poor boy.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... I hope it wasn't his little brother or something.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 02:02:23 pm »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... I hope it wasn't his little brother or something.
I thought it was just going to be some kid selling a present he didn't want or something but when I got to the guy's house he was so sketchy that I didn't dare not buy it from him! I am pretty sure he stole it too :(

desocietas

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »
I thought it was just going to be some kid selling a present he didn't want or something but when I got to the guy's house he was so sketchy that I didn't dare not buy it from him! I am pretty sure he stole it too :(

sad... :(  poor kid gamer out there without his toys
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2013, 03:59:50 pm »

sad... :(  poor kid gamer out there without his toys
Actually a bit of possibly good news: When I started to play it the figures weren't tied to another account so he may have "just" stolen them from a store.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2013, 05:18:15 pm »
got Teen Titans on the Gamecube

theflea

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2013, 05:09:57 am »
Good garage sale day for me, although not as good as Flea, to be sure.

A Snes, two controllers, and 8 games with manuals.

And bringing me into Atari collecting:
A Sears Video Arcade II, with 18 games.

All for $20!

Not Earthbound and Chrono Trigger for $5, but still made my day!
Nice finds, I've been looking for a Sears Video Arcade II myself.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

jobocan

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2013, 08:08:43 am »
Just got Puppeteer on the PS3. Pretty cool side-scroller so far.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2013, 09:48:09 am »
I picked up my preorder of Kingdom Hearts HD yesterday.  I've never played any of these games, so this is all new to me.  I don't even know what they are about, other than people like them. 
It's been fun so far.  I'm about 2 hours in and still haven't gotten into the meat of the game.  I wish I knew more about Final Fantasy.  I think some of these characters are from that world.  Squall or Leon?  No clue.  I did recognize the Moogle and Cid from the FF world.

foxhack

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »
I bought Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for PC today for a dollar. Brand new.

... I already owned it on Steam.

But this one included a soundtrack CD so I had to buy it DON'T JUDGE ME. Even if the damn CD only had MP3s.

I also bought the Humble Indie Bundle 9 so I guess I now own Fez, FTL and Trine 2 Complete Story on Steam too.

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2013, 12:02:53 pm »
I bought Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for PC today for a dollar. Brand new.

... I already owned it on Steam.

But this one included a soundtrack CD so I had to buy it DON'T JUDGE ME. Even if the damn CD only had MP3s.

I also bought the Humble Indie Bundle 9 so I guess I now own Fez, FTL and Trine 2 Complete Story on Steam too.

i think im also going to pick up that bundle.