Author Topic: Links for youtube trailer, big site's review, a rating and comment system  (Read 758 times)

Need new fields to add youtube trailer, and links to some big site's review, like IGN, GameTrailers. Besides, we need to rate our own games too, and comment on it. And game lists can be sorted by rating, collected counts. If it takes too much effort to maintain a trustable rating system, simply refer to one of the trustworthy big site's rate is also acceptable.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Links for youtube trailer, big site's review, a rating and comment system
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 02:21:10 pm »
Need new fields to add youtube trailer, and links to some big site's review, like IGN, GameTrailers. Besides, we need to rate our own games too, and comment on it. And game lists can be sorted by rating, collected counts. If it takes too much effort to maintain a trustable rating system, simply refer to one of the trustworthy big site's rate is also acceptable.

LOL; wut?

You're 4 posts in & *telling* us what we "need" to do  :o

I'm sure that you can think of nicer ways to share your thoughts, ideas, and/or opinions!

Also, we're not, nor never claimed to be (or want to be) a "review" and/or "ratings" site...there's already a shitload of those  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:39:24 pm »
Also, we're not, nor never claimed to be (or want to be) a "review" and/or "ratings" site...there's already a shitload of those  ;)

I'm going to second Disgaeniac here.  This is a collection site, not a review site.  Honestly, I don't like the idea of linking to a big site either. 

If you want to add ratings to your own collection, you can always just do it in the comment field. 

Now, the link to the trailer on YouTube, I don't hate that idea at all.  The only problem with that would be maintaining them if the user we link to wants to move their video.  I can see a lot of broken links in the future. 

Welcome to the site.  As much as it may not seem like it from this thread, it's always great to get a fresh set of ideas in here.  Keep them coming.

soera

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 02:40:13 pm »
I agree. First the way it is being presented doesnt sound like a request but a demand. Youtube and other review sites have nothing to do with this site. Its a collection manager, not a place for someone to promote their stupid game review videos and I dont want to see that crap here ever.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 02:45:33 pm »
Sorry for my expression. "We need", cause I really think myself to be one of this community, I never posted so many posts one day in any forum before.

Agree, I don't think VGCollect has to add rating/review by itself, there are too many this kind of site already, but some links to some trustworthy review/rating site will be useful and convenient. And especially, a link to youtube trailer, is it also too much to ask?

Sorting game lists by collection counts might be more accurate than rating, to represent a game's popularity. Besides Alpha, there is no other sorting method yet, I bet there will be more in the way.

haloofthesun

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »
but some links to some trustworthy review/rating site

Wait, you want links to video game review sites AND you want them to be trustworthy? You can't have both, pick one.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:26:27 pm »
Sorry for my expression. "We need", cause I really think myself to be one of this community

Yeah...nothing personal.

Just like soera said though, the wording/presentation did come off as sort of demanding.

Being new & all - you might not even know that we have dedicated threads/forums for site suggestions & ideas, so there's no need for a new topic every time, either.

Welcome to the site, though!

If you're unsure about anything/have any queastions...feel free to ask :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"