Author Topic: Save Your Change, Folks the 3rd  (Read 6202 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Save Your Change, Folks the 3rd
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 08:22:49 am »
I was up late last night for some silly reason and I get up around 7. It's just habit. Doesn't matter what time I go to bed.

scott

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 08:31:38 am »
The way it's looking, I might be dropping out of this round. I might need to roll up what I have saved up already (estimating $40-50) and drop it in the bank.  :-\

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 08:38:20 am »
I was up late last night for some silly reason and I get up around 7. It's just habit. Doesn't matter what time I go to bed.

:D I was just joking man.  All good

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 10:43:54 am »
Haha it's funny that we are doing this as a group. I have been doing something similar to this for a couple of years; I have a bucket of change that I have and then when a new game comes out that I really want, I cash the change out and go buy it. The last time I cashed out was in Sept, I bought Tale of Xillia Limited Edition with the money. Let's see what I pick up next ;)

scott

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 10:59:13 am »
Ya it's really nice to have spare cash from it to splurge on something you normally wouldn't drop the cash for.

Episode 1: I scored all the Doors albums in Vinyl.
Episode 2: I used it to pay for half of my PS4

This time I was going to shoot for a set of Doc's, the rest of the X-Wing figures I need, the Super Dungeon Explore figures I'm missing or maybe the Xenosaga games...

I'm going to roll up what I have tonight and see what I've got at the 3 month mark. I am still thinking I may need to use it for bills at this point. But I'll know more once me and the GF rework the budget tomorrow night.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 11:08:20 am »

I'm going to roll up what I have tonight and see what I've got at the 3 month mark. I am still thinking I may need to use it for bills at this point. But I'll know more once me and the GF rework the budget tomorrow night.

Yeah, I've had to dump the change on bills a few times, but all well. Assuming I won't have to do this, here is what I am considering getting:

-An XBOX 360 Slim

-The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

- Completing my NA Dreamcast or N64 collection (only need six more games on each to have all the games I want for them)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 11:15:46 am »
I'm looking hard at Wacky Races on NES.  It might magically grow by $100 or so and turn into Bubble Bobble 2.  It really depends on if I make a little trip out to OKC at the end of March.

soera

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 11:45:37 am »
I'm looking hard at Wacky Races on NES.  It might magically grow by $100 or so and turn into Bubble Bobble 2.  It really depends on if I make a little trip out to OKC at the end of March.

You are making that trip!

I have had fail numbers on the first two attempts at this so hoping this one goes better.

90snostalga

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 12:44:57 pm »
Episode 1: I scored all the Doors albums in Vinyl.

Nice!   :) 

Into this house we're born, into this world we're thrown...There's a killer on the road...One of my favorite songs of all time!

May not be appropriate but keep this *on the low*.  Light My Fire was one of the songs in rotation when I used to fire up my *good green* back in the day.  And then, another favorite, Alabama Whiskey Bar and hello, hello wont you tell me you're name

Scott, you are going to make me pull out my Doors Greatest Hits CD right now and put it on repeat all day!   :D

90snostalga

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 12:45:52 pm »

You are making that trip!

I have had fail numbers on the first two attempts at this so hoping this one goes better.

Attention all VG Collect users.  I believe what Soera is trying to say here, is that there is  a party at Soeras? :-X  V.I.P. Only

soera

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »
If anyone comes here in March for the convention and needs a place to crash, just ask!

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 10:58:24 pm »
i use plastic. i never have cash. :(

90snostalga

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:39 pm »
If anyone comes here in March for the convention and needs a place to crash, just ask!

I have never been to a convention.  I wish I could go to some :(  Are they really all the hype they get, or just hogwash?

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 03:34:30 am »
I was thinking the same thing, too.

My proposed strategy for card users who want to participate is to find an average amount of their monthly spending and use that number as a maximum limit.  In this case, let's set the figure on $800.  If the person could manage to spend below the proposed limit, then the remaining amount would be the money saved and/or would be spent for this event.

Does this sound good?

Please check out the games I have for sale.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 09:34:07 am »
I was thinking the same thing, too.

My proposed strategy for card users who want to participate is to find an average amount of their monthly spending and use that number as a maximum limit.  In this case, let's set the figure on $800.  If the person could manage to spend below the proposed limit, then the remaining amount would be the money saved and/or would be spent for this event.

Does this sound good?

Or when you buy something, round up to the next whole dollar and allow that as your "change". I used to do that with my debit card to give myself a little cushion.