Author Topic: Happy 25th Anniversary Sega Genesis/Mega Drive!  (Read 819 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Happy 25th Anniversary Sega Genesis/Mega Drive!
« on: October 29, 2013, 10:36:03 pm »

Apparantly today is the 25th anniversary of the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

1st thought: Sega needs to do more to celebrate/promote this. The Genesis was the peak of their popularity.

I had a Genesis, but after what I'd call the "prime" of it's life. Most people started with a Genesis then got a SNES. I actually went the other way around. Got a SNES, played the hell out of it, then thought I was missing something over on the Sega side of things and traded my SNES stuff in for Genesis stuff at FuncoLand.

I did have a lot of fun with my Genesis. The main reasons I got it was for the Sonic the Hedgehog games, X-Men 2, and the Golden Axe games. After that I really got into the 2 Vectorman games, Comix Zone, and of course got the Mortal Kombats to play with my friends.

I still love my Genesis because of the value it offers in collecting. For the most part, the Genesis is dirt freaking cheap to collect for. Yet it has a great library of games including a LOT of hidden gems on top of a ton of well-known classics.

Wish Sega was still making consoles. They offered a unique style of gaming.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:47:59 pm by burningdoom »

sin2beta

Re: Happy 25th Anniversary Sega Genesis/Mega Drive!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 10:47:14 pm »
YYEEAAAHHH!!

Time to play some Comix Zone!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

90snostalga

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 11:14:03 pm »
Happy 25th Anniversary Genesis!!!!  You were my hero for sneaking to my friends to play Mortal Kombat 2 and I loved you most with my friends when we played Sonic 2.  Hopefully for a 25th anniversary special, you could pop back on my local store shelves with a new system with the stamped "SEGA" on it .  I miss you Sega consoles  :'(

scott

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 09:30:17 am »
I was an SNES kid growing up. But I did get a Genesis while it was still being produced.

Loved me some Sonic and Vectorman. Plus some Alisia Dragoon, General Chaos, Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Crusader of Centy!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread