Author Topic: November 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19429 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: November 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2013, 02:11:40 am »
Picked up a copy of Armored Core V during my lunch break. My first AC game!

I haven't played that particular entry. But I love the series. If you like customization in your war-machines, you'll love the game.

It's made by the same people that made the King's Field series and Demon/Dark Souls series; From Software.

insektmute

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2013, 03:13:15 am »
Picked up a copy of Armored Core V during my lunch break. My first AC game!

I haven't played that particular entry. But I love the series. If you like customization in your war-machines, you'll love the game.

It's made by the same people that made the King's Field series and Demon/Dark Souls series; From Software.

It's strange, because the series has actually been on my radar for a looooong time, and I think I may have rented AC1 or 2 way back when, but the constant pace of new games, especially during the PS2 years, always put me off a little. Not in the sense of diminishing quality so much as not knowing where the hell to start.

I had tried a demo of 4 on 360 awhile back, but the mechs felt too loose in their movements, and everything looked so small that I had trouble seeing. This one, at least from the videos I've watched, seems a bit more MechWarrior 2'ish, and that is a VERY good thing.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2013, 10:21:05 am »
PS1 is a funny boat to ride on. One day you can find any game you want (other than the forever high end games) for around $20. Next day, that same damned game is rolling $50+. It doesnt make sense and never has. Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, and FF VII are the most notorious for having the most absurd price changes month to month.

Q.F.M.F.T.

;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2013, 05:42:20 pm »
Very happy to finally get a CIB copy of Mario Bros. for the Atari 8-bit computers. Been after this title for a few years now and an atariage member sold me his boxed copy at a very reasonable price (less than loose copies go for on ebay)

PS - just added it to the database here.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »
Very happy to finally get a CIB copy of Mario Bros. for the Atari 8-bit computers. Been after this title for a few years now and an atariage member sold me his boxed copy at a very reasonable price (less than loose copies go for on ebay)

PS - just added it to the database here.

Just to let you know, you're "My Collection" VG Collect signature image isn't actually linking to your collection. It's just a static image.

« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2013, 09:42:47 pm »
Weird. It did take me a while to get it to come up at all. I'll have to check and see what I'm doing wrong.

pacpix

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2013, 09:58:49 pm »
Weird. It did take me a while to get it to come up at all. I'll have to check and see what I'm doing wrong.

Try this:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://vgcollect.com/atarileaf][img]http://vgcollect.com/sig/atarileaf.jpg[/img][/url]
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2013, 06:11:03 am »
That got it, thanks :D

foxhack

« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2013, 03:59:37 pm »
Dammit, Amazon's got this huge digital sale and I'm tempted to buy Max Payne 3...

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2013, 10:28:42 pm »

Are you the same Atarileaf that made the YT video on the history of hockey video games?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:21 pm »
pick up the two biggest things to come out today ;D

Legend of Zelda: a Link Between Worlds on the 3DS

and *DRUM ROLL*

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD for the Wii U
...I feel there needs to be a Troll Icon

insektmute

« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2013, 10:43:55 pm »
Dammit, Amazon's got this huge digital sale and I'm tempted to buy Max Payne 3...

Should be some huge Steam sales on the horizon, too! :D

« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2013, 10:57:40 pm »

Are you the same Atarileaf that made the YT video on the history of hockey video games?

Yep, I had to delete it from youtube but it's still on dailymotion. There was this copyright crackdown scare so I moved some of my videos to dailymotion just in case.

PS - You're not going to yell at me because I don't like the Mighty Duck movies are you? :D

theflea

« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2013, 12:47:40 am »
Spent a crap ton of money today,
Picked up my XBox One (Day One Edition) with 2 games. (Console #201)  ;D
- Dead Rising 3 (Day One Edition)
- Forza Motorsports 5 - Limited Edition

also I had to get this.
Nintendo 3DS XL - Zelda Link Between Worlds Limited Edition (Console #202)  ;D ;D

"Happy game hunting!!!"

spac316

« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2013, 03:19:54 am »
Not games per-se but I bought a big haul of NES game instruction booklets! About 30+ of them.