Author Topic: Current Collection Goals?  (Read 14540 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Current Collection Goals?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2014, 06:22:45 pm »
I've given up on the 3DO cause. So, so many eBay auctions sniped out from me the last second. *sigh* And now I don't have the money anyways, with a kid on the way and home loan approved.

So basically my current collecting goals just include buying more games I want to play. And hopefully a Wii U at some point down the road, maybe with some help from Christmas money or tax return money, who knows.

But here's my top 10 most wanted games, obviously some of these might be long-term goals while waiting for a good deal, considering prices on certain games in this list:

1. DuckTales 2 (NES)
2. Shovel Knight (3DS) (I know, cheap and available, probably next check or two I'll get it)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
4. Sunset Riders (SNES)
5. Raiden Project (PS1)
6. Intelligent Qube (PS1)
7. Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES)
8. The Battle of Olympus (Game Boy)
9. Panzer Dragoon: Zwei (Saturn)
10. Castlevania Chronicles (PS1)

Ducktales 2 is a worthy #1 goal. If not for VG Collect and Urbanchaos I wouldn't have achieved it myself.

My son and I really enjoy it. I hope Wayforward gives it the "Ducktales Remastered" treatment at some point.

One day Urbanchaos posted here in VGC that he was selling his copy (and he has good feedback). So I jumped on that! :)

After seeing 3 phonies on ebay sold at insane prices I scratched amazon and ebay off my "buying rare/pricey games" vendor list. (Still use ebay for the cheaper stuff tho)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:59:34 am by dashv »

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 02:02:44 am »
Fortunately or sadly depending on how you look at it, I have reached the point in collecting where I have about 90% of every game I've ever wanted. Most of the stuff I'm still after is either a newer game that is too pricy to pick up just yet, really rare, or really expensive. Because of this I have just been buying this stuff as I find it in the wild for cheap, and no longer have been speed collecting or rushing to complete a collection. I guess my number 1 goal as it relates to collecting is to start enjoying the games in my collection more rather then going out an looking for more games (although I'll still do a fair amount of that as well).

karyann

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 08:30:13 am »
I'm missing 40 of the 93 RPGs I've identified on the PS3.  This number includes 9 announced but unreleased games.

I'm missing 57 of 136 PS2 RPGs.  But some of the ones I have are disk only, and ideally I'd like to complete or replace those with complete copies. 

Still a pretty good ways off from the other 2 goals, tho my "Warriors" goal is a recent one I decided on and I don't think it will take too long now that I'm on the lookout for them.

Do you have a list somewhere of all RPGs for these (and/or more) systems? I'd be interested in seeing it, if you don't mind sharing it :)

bobster

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 08:43:18 am »
A few fairly sorta kinda realistic goals (that I can focus on now)
-Complete collections from my very favorite series/franchises (get all from the main series as well as spin-offs), Disgaea, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Guilty Gear, Mega Man, Metroid, etc.
-Own more than one N64 game :P
-Get at least one of every model of Gameboy (from the original brick sized GB up to the micro)

Aaand my less realistic goals for the distant future:
-Get a boxed Panasonic Q, complete with the Game Boy Player to match.
-Complete Start my Earthbound/Mother collection.
One of my dreams involves two of your goals. I'd love to get myself the Mother 3 Micro. They're stupidly expensive. At least the deluxe version which has all the cool swag  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

abe

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 10:38:55 am »
-Complete collections from my very favorite series/franchises (get all from the main series as well as spin-offs), Disgaea, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Guilty Gear, Mega Man, Metroid, etc.
-Get at least one of every model of Gameboy (from the original brick sized GB up to the micro)

One of my dreams involves two of your goals. I'd love to get myself the Mother 3 Micro. They're stupidly expensive. At least the deluxe version which has all the cool swag  ;D
The Mother 3 Deluxe box is amazing. Unfortunately, it's not quite as common as is used to be on Ebay (and it's way more expensive now). It's not exactly something you're going to find for a few bucks at a garage sale either. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

bobster

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2014, 10:40:37 am »

The Mother 3 Deluxe box is amazing. Unfortunately, it's not quite as common as is used to be on Ebay (and it's way more expensive now). It's not exactly something you're going to find for a few bucks at a garage sale either. :P
You're exactly right. That's why it's a dream and not a goal of mine. I don't foresee having that much money to blow lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2014, 11:33:04 am »
I'm missing 40 of the 93 RPGs I've identified on the PS3.  This number includes 9 announced but unreleased games.

I'm missing 57 of 136 PS2 RPGs.  But some of the ones I have are disk only, and ideally I'd like to complete or replace those with complete copies. 

Still a pretty good ways off from the other 2 goals, tho my "Warriors" goal is a recent one I decided on and I don't think it will take too long now that I'm on the lookout for them.

Do you have a list somewhere of all RPGs for these (and/or more) systems? I'd be interested in seeing it, if you don't mind sharing it :)

Sure, here are links to my spreadsheets in Google Docs.  My color coding goes like this: green means I have the game complete, blue means I have it incomplete & yellow means it is not yet released. 

PS2 RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArItrqlRMJv5dFhfNzdQeW1mSnpNc1d0eEUzV2VGenc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

PS3 RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DQt6Eb0jefbAf55LP0CLEPEdDBKIegTRBtgg7lFmD24/edit#gid=0

PSP RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArItrqlRMJv5dEZmR081OHlaNTA4eDU4bTdqc1Ywa2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2014, 11:45:02 am »
Nice work on those RPG lists, Greg!

Neeedz PS1 List!   ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2014, 11:58:22 am »
Nice work on those RPG lists, Greg!

Neeedz PS1 List!   ;)

Lol, I don't have it in me to even attempt a complete PS1 RPG collection.  :P 

Sad thing is, there was a time when I had most of the "big" PS1 RPGs in my collection so that goal would be fairly reasonable, but I sold most of them off.   :'(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2014, 12:07:34 pm »
I have completed my personal PS1 rpg set. I have considered going for the entire set ... I guess I should see what I am missing and if its worth it.

This is my current PS1 set - http://vgcollect.com/Soera/ps1

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2014, 12:13:35 pm »
My top 5 'Biggest' sets of RPG's would definitely be:

PS3,
PS2,
PS1,
DS, and,
PSP

(maybe not quite in that order - although...switch the DS & PS1 -and- it's probably pretty close to that order)

w/o looking or checking...I'd guess that I'm probably at least 1/2 way there, though  ;D

*upcomers* and/or *Newcomers* to systems that I'd want full RPG collections for would be:

VITA,

3DS, and

Gamecube

(Most definitely in THAT order)!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2014, 12:14:36 pm »
I have completed my personal PS1 rpg set. I have considered going for the entire set ... I guess I should see what I am missing and if its worth it.

Show-off  :P

soera

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2014, 12:19:49 pm »
This is what VGPC has listed as PS1 RPGs - http://videogames.pricecharting.com/console/playstation?sort-by=name&genre=rpg

These are the ones it says Im missing :
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons
Azure dreams
Blazing Dragons
Brigandine
Broken Sword
Broken Sword 2
Deception III
Digimon series
Dragon Ball GT
Ehrgeiz
Front mission 3
Grandia
Granstream Saga
Hoshigami
Inuyasha
Kartia
King's field 2
Legend of Mana
Magic the gathering
Monster ranger 1 & 2
Ogre battle
Romance of the 3 kingdoms IV and VI
Saga Frontier 1 & 2
Star Ocean
Tactics Ogre
Tomba 2
Valkyrie profile
Vandal hearts 1 & 2
Yu-gi-oh series

I know I could not care less for the digimon/Yu-gi-oh/MTG games. Im not a tactic rpg fan either so the Ogre games, Romance games, etc I wouldnt want. I suppose after looking at the titles here, I would only probably want AD&D, Azure Dreams, Legend of Mana, Saga frontier 1 &2, Star Ocean, and Vandal hearts 1 & 2. But if I did that, its a long ways down the line.

soera

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2014, 12:20:35 pm »

Lol you have your own set you could link that would make any RPG collector jealous. :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2014, 12:24:38 pm »

Lol you have your own set you could link that would make any RPG collector jealous. :D

(never said I wasn't a show-off);

Just calling you out for being one too  ;)

Azure's a roguelike (if that matters concerning you're wanting it...or not:)

Brigandine is one of my "gems", though...so I'd grab that (to actually play it!) if you come across one  ;D