Author Topic: Current Collection Goals?  (Read 14542 times)

soera

Re: Current Collection Goals?
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »
Ill look at that one more. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »
I love making lists, so I'll attempt to rack my brain and see what I can remember on the U.S. PS1 RPG list: (And to prevent controversy, yes, I included action-RPGs in this list, not just JRPGs.)

-Alundra
-Alundra 2
-Arc the Lad Collection
-Azure Dreams
-Beyond the Beyond
-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
-Brave Fencer Musashi
-Breath of Fire III
-Breath of Fire IV
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
-Chrono Cross
-Dark Stone
-Diablo
-Digimon World
-Digimon World 2
-Digimon World 3
-Dragon Valor
-Dragon Warrior VII
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy VIII
-Final Fantasy IX
-Final Fantasy Anthology
-Final Fantasy Chronicles
-Final Fantasy Origins
-Grandia
-Granstream Saga
-King's Field
-King's Field II
-Legend of Dragoon
-Legend of Legaia
-Legend of Mana
-Lunar the Silver Star Complete
-Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete
-Monster Rancher
-Monster Rancher 2
-Parasite Eve
-Parasite Eve II
-Persona
-Persona II
-Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
-Romance of the Three Kingdoms V
-Romance of the Three Kingdoms VI
-RPG Maker
-Shadow Madness
-Shadow Tower
-Star Ocean: The Second Story
-Suikoden
-Suikoden II
-Tales of Destiny
-Tales of Destiny II
-Thousand Arms
-Threads of Fate
-Vagrant Story
-Valkyrie Profile
-Vandal Hearts
-Vandal Hearts 2
-Vanguard Bandits
-Wild Arms
-Wild Arms 2
-Xenogears
-Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:43:00 pm by burningdoom »

argyle

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2014, 12:33:44 pm »
It depresses me to think of all those RPGs I've gotten rid of over the years - Arc the Lad and both Lunar's, bought brand new by me & in immaculate condition, Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, both Tales games, more obscure stuff like Thousand Arms & Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - both US Persona's, both Breath of Fire's, Suikoden...  And all of that was complete & in very good to mint condition. 

OK, now I need to go somewhere & cry.   :'(

EDIT:  Soera, Ergheiz is definitely not an RPG, it's a fighting game - no idea why they'd put it on the list (except maybe because it's made by Square & is the "Final Fantasy" fighting game?  Iunno...).  Don't think I'd call Tomba 2 an RPG either, there's no leveling up or anything like that - tho both Tomba's ARE incredible games.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:39:15 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2014, 12:59:35 pm »
EDIT:  Soera, Ergheiz is definitely not an RPG, it's a fighting game - no idea why they'd put it on the list (except maybe because it's made by Square & is the "Final Fantasy" fighting game?  Iunno...).  Don't think I'd call Tomba 2 an RPG either, there's no leveling up or anything like that - tho both Tomba's ARE incredible games.

Quoted this to back him up. Ergheiz is a fighting game starring Squaresoft characters, and Tomba 2 is a platformer.

Also, aren't the Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategy games?

soera

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2014, 02:41:32 pm »
I was wondering about Tomba on the list myself. And Romance series is a strategy RPG I guess. Ehrgeiz I really hadnt ever heard of. I can mark that one off too I guess heh.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2014, 02:43:35 pm »
I was wondering about Tomba on the list myself. And Romance series is a strategy RPG I guess. Ehrgeiz I really hadnt ever heard of. I can mark that one off too I guess heh.

Do you count SRPG's on your "full RPG collection" lists?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Warmsignal

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2014, 02:48:44 pm »
- Get "caught up" completely with my PS3 exclusive collection.
- Get "caught up" with my entire PS Vita wishlist.
- Bring a wishlist for one defunct console down to zero, mostly likely N64.
- Box up my entire Nintendo cart collection with custom made paper boxes (a work in progress).
- Possibly build one huge wall shelf for my entire games library.
- Stay more focused on my PS1 and DS wishlist than I have been.

soera

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2014, 02:56:30 pm »

Do you count SRPG's on your "full RPG collection" lists?

I cant get into SRPG's at all. Its too slow for me. For my personal list, no they dont count. As a full RPG list, I think they have to be part of it.

spac316

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2014, 03:14:11 pm »
I'm trying to collect wrestling games. Mostly all of the WWE(wwf),WCW and ECW games and whatever else in between. But not EVERY wrestling game in existence.

karyann

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2014, 03:26:10 pm »
I'm missing 40 of the 93 RPGs I've identified on the PS3.  This number includes 9 announced but unreleased games.

I'm missing 57 of 136 PS2 RPGs.  But some of the ones I have are disk only, and ideally I'd like to complete or replace those with complete copies. 

Still a pretty good ways off from the other 2 goals, tho my "Warriors" goal is a recent one I decided on and I don't think it will take too long now that I'm on the lookout for them.

Do you have a list somewhere of all RPGs for these (and/or more) systems? I'd be interested in seeing it, if you don't mind sharing it :)

Sure, here are links to my spreadsheets in Google Docs.  My color coding goes like this: green means I have the game complete, blue means I have it incomplete & yellow means it is not yet released. 

PS2 RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArItrqlRMJv5dFhfNzdQeW1mSnpNc1d0eEUzV2VGenc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

PS3 RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DQt6Eb0jefbAf55LP0CLEPEdDBKIegTRBtgg7lFmD24/edit#gid=0

PSP RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArItrqlRMJv5dEZmR081OHlaNTA4eDU4bTdqc1Ywa2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Thanks a lot!  :D I'm probably gonna add a lot more games to my wishlist soon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2014, 03:43:25 pm »
I never had played the Romance games, didn't know. I just assumed it was straight strategy. Added them up there.

argyle

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2014, 03:52:05 pm »
I'm missing 40 of the 93 RPGs I've identified on the PS3.  This number includes 9 announced but unreleased games.

I'm missing 57 of 136 PS2 RPGs.  But some of the ones I have are disk only, and ideally I'd like to complete or replace those with complete copies. 

Still a pretty good ways off from the other 2 goals, tho my "Warriors" goal is a recent one I decided on and I don't think it will take too long now that I'm on the lookout for them.

Do you have a list somewhere of all RPGs for these (and/or more) systems? I'd be interested in seeing it, if you don't mind sharing it :)

Sure, here are links to my spreadsheets in Google Docs.  My color coding goes like this: green means I have the game complete, blue means I have it incomplete & yellow means it is not yet released. 

PS2 RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArItrqlRMJv5dFhfNzdQeW1mSnpNc1d0eEUzV2VGenc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

PS3 RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DQt6Eb0jefbAf55LP0CLEPEdDBKIegTRBtgg7lFmD24/edit#gid=0

PSP RPG list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArItrqlRMJv5dEZmR081OHlaNTA4eDU4bTdqc1Ywa2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Thanks a lot!  :D I'm probably gonna add a lot more games to my wishlist soon.

BTW just so you know, I omitted games from those lists that have an upgraded version (so for example, I only have Atelier Rorona Plus on my list & not the original) and games that were ported or simultaneously released on later generation systems (so the Kingdom Hearts games aren't on my PS2 list, but the HD ports are on my PS3 list and Natural Doctrine isn't on my PS3 list because it's also coming to the PS4).  For my personal collection purposes, I don't see the point in owning duplicates of that nature but others may disagree.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2014, 05:14:13 pm »
For my personal collection purposes, I don't see the point in owning duplicates.

I agree with this. Which is why I dont own the SNES version of Chrono Trigger, the Genesis versions of Phantasy star series, etc.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 11:47:16 pm »
For my personal collection purposes, I don't see the point in owning duplicates.

I agree with this. Which is why I dont own the SNES version of Chrono Trigger, the Genesis versions of Phantasy star series, etc.

Soera, do you play the Chrono Trigger that came in the PS1 compilation? Or is there a better version than that one even?

soera

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2014, 12:19:06 am »
Thats the version I have. Its not any different from the SNES version except for the price. :)