Author Topic: XBox Hidden Gems?  (Read 3122 times)

XBox Hidden Gems?
« on: December 31, 2013, 03:33:37 am »
Looking to expand my collection. Anything fellow forum members would suggest? I'm open to pretty much any style of game.

Re: XBox Hidden Gems?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 04:56:43 am »
Doom 3 I actually prefer that version, Otogi, little dated but still fun, Jade Empire and Knights of the old republic, if you like mass effect, Both Oddworld games, Return to Castle Wolfenstein

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:23:17 am »
I greatly recomend you to have a look at this video.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:05:59 pm »
-Arx Fatalis - A first-person view action-RPG that mostly takes place in underground caverns and catacombs where humanity and fantasy creatures have taken refuge after a disaster on the surface. Very reminiscent of games like Ultima: Underworld and King's Field (unfortunately, the soundtrack is SEVERELY lacking, unlike King's Field).

-Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2 - Most people have heard of these games, and it's for good reasons. If you like games like Diablo, Dungeon Siege, and Champions of Norrath; then you'll absolutely adore these games.

-The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - One of the best looking games on the system. It's a FPS by definition, but there's a whole lot more going on than just shooting. Lots of sneaking, melee combat, and exploration too.

-Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes - Great hack-n-slash action-RPG like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or Champions of Norrath. If you're into those types of games, this one will suck you right in and give you that addictive loot-finding gameplay.

-The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - The reason I personally bought an Xbox. It's an open-end, open-world action-RPG. And the world if freaking HUMONGOUS and highly detailed at the same time. When it released, there really was nothing else like it.

-Halo 1 & 2 - The reason many people bought an Xbox. Fantastic sci-fi flavored first-person shooters with a whole lot of shine and polish. And one of the most memorable soundtracks of all-time. Great single-player campaigns with fantastic stories, and a fantastic multiplayer section that many modern shooters owe a deal of thanks for.

-The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - This is what a Hulk game always should have been. You actually feel like the rampaging, destructive, and out-of-control Hulk you remember from the comics. Highly-destructible environments. Upgradable powers. And a VERY fun "leap long distances" game-mechanic.

-Jade Empire - A fantastic and unique action-RPG that focuses on Ancient China and martial arts techniques. Choice-based storyline, as well, that actually affects the ending of the game. Great experience that anyone with an Xbox really needs to play.

-Marvel Ultimate Alliance - This game borrows the gameplay from games like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and  Champions of Norrath. It improves upon it. And it sets it in the Marvel Universe with a bevy of Marvel characters to choose from, as well as more to unlock. So much fan-service provided for the comic fans, here, too.

-MechAssault 1 & 2 - Do you like giant robots? Do you like to blow stuff up? Do you like destructible environments? Then these are the games you are looking for! Just a ton of fun to romp through these and destroy everything.

-Ninja Gaiden - Absolutely gorgeous 3D action-platformer based off the old-school series of Ninja Gaiden games. Tough-as-nails gameplay, though. However, the difficulty is based purely on your skill (or lack of). The controls are absolutely precise, which makes it that much more fun to play. Also, VERY bloody.

-Pac-Man World 2 - Probably the single most underrated 3D platformer of that generation. It's seriously a great, fun game with well-designed platforming levels. And it's actually a platformer, rather than a collect-a-thon like so many other so-called platformers are from that era.

-Spider-Man: The Movie - Everyone loves to talk about Spider-Man 2, with it's open-world sandbox gameplay. But as a result, everyone overlooks this gem of a game. Yes, it's level-by-level, but why is that a bad thing? Spot-on, fluid controls and a fantastic web-slinging mechanic make this game so satisfying to play. And then after you beat it, you get the freaking coolest unlockable I have ever seen after beating a game (well, except for an entire 2nd quest in the original Legend of Zelda): You get to play as The Green Goblin complete with his own unique powers and move-set, and you get full use of the Goblin Glider and his weaponry!

-Spider-Man 2 - This one is good, as well. Like I said above, open-world sandbox gameplay. You can choose to strictly follow the story events only, or you can just web-sling around New York City (which is a blast to do, BTW), and stop random crimes.

-Star Wars: Battlefront 1 & 2 - These games are complete chaos set in the Star Wars universe, and I love it. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, but these games are fun nonetheless. You are in control of a side in battles that actually took place in the Star Wars movies. However, you are only in control of 1 character at a time. That character can also commandeer any vehicle or stationary weapon you see. When that character dies, you get another one. And you battle until you win, or until your side's forces are depleted.

-Tecmo Arcade Classics - An exclusive classic game collection to the Xbox. Definetly worth the small price it goes for if you're into the mid-to-late 80s arcade scene. Tons of other fantastic collections out there for the Xbox too, but they're also on other systems (Capcom Classics Collection 1 & 2, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Atari Anthology, etc.)

BTW, MetalJesusRocks...um, rocks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:14:42 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »
Well, I will suggest  some that for me are the best experience you can get on original xbox.
First, for me,  the underated or "hidden gems" games that I played and I will never forget them:

Syberia 1 and 2- This game is a puzzle/adventure , is like a point and click game but for the reason that you are using a controller you not are pointing and clicking around, instead you are moving freely in the world.

Second Sight: This for me was the first "bioshock" style game. You can use telekinesis and those type of power that you will get through the story.

Prisoner of War: Like the tittle said you are a prisioner (I think from WW1) that you will need to escape from the camp prison you are. Good puzzle/adventure game.

Sudeki: Action Rpg, good graphics (I dont remember too well the story but I liked it when I played it)

Bruce Lee:  A good beat'em up

Red Ninja/Tenchu: Hack and slash game, like ninja gaiden.

And the best game ever: SHENMUE 2, I not need to describe it is everything perfection :)

Commons/Known games

Conkers,Fable, Halo (1 and 2) , Oddsworld (1 and 2), Star Wars Old Republic (1 and 2), Dark Alliance (1 and 2), Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta,

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:21:44 pm by xstonekinghtx »

atariboy

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 09:08:25 pm »
I would second The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay Played through it and thought it was a great game.
I've played a few hours of Prisoner of War and have liked what I have played good adventure game.
Cel Damage - fun multiplayer game
Burnout Revenge - Fun action racing game
Jet Set Radio Future
Psi-Ops - Good action Game

Oh Ya and Shenmue 2 is also great as stated above  :D
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 11:01:34 pm »
I second xstoneknightx's recommendation of Sudeki.  Story is all right; gameplay, controls, and music are decent.

While Pirates Of The Caribbean is also available on the PC, you cannot go wrong playing this on Xbox.  It's not a movie tie-in, although you do hear Keira Knightley narrate as you first set sail.  I will need to warn that the game is pretty buggy but gameplay and story made me stick to this.  If you enjoy ship combat, boarding, attacking forts, and RPGs, this game is a nice addition.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 11:29:25 am »
I don't know the library that well, but I have played through both Otogi games.  I strongly recommend those, especially if you like to "wreck" stuff in the scenery.

sin2beta

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 12:25:05 pm »
Outrun 2 is a complete blast. Probably my favorite on the system. And I believe the first one (not coast to coast/2006) is an exclusive.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

bobster

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 02:10:05 pm »
As a person who's only now just acquired about 30 games but no system yet, I've only played a couple games that my friend had back in the day. One that I don't hear about too much is fusion frenzy. Great little party game.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:21 pm »
I don't know why I didnt  to see if MetalJesusRocks did one of those vids. Some great suggestions so far though. I loved Chronicles of Riddick. One of my favorites in my collection so far. Lately, I've been playing Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green. Not a great game by any means, as it has it's share of problematic. But I like it.

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 02:29:40 am »
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
Syberia
Syberia II
Otogi
Otogi II
Outrun 2
Xyanide
Dreamfall