Author Topic: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23782 times)

Re: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2014, 12:44:48 pm »
OK the game for my birthday arrived. ITS THE ZELDA WII U CONSOLE.

Cant describe how happy i am by this. Was expecting a $30 game.
My wife is the best.

Heh, my wife did the same for me with the Original Wii a few years  back. I unexpectedly got the slick black Wii bundle with Wii Motion Plus and Wii Sports & Sports Resort. Our wives are awesome!

Very cool. I've been wanting an Wii U. But I really need to see a new original Zelda or original Metroid before I bite the bullet. I've gotten enough new Mario with my 3DS, for now.

I told her I did'nt want a PS4 or Xbone for Xmas because I want them to fix any bugs (at the moment the consoles are being rushed out to meet demand) or she would have got me one of them.
I cant wait for Mario Kart 8.

« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2014, 03:07:30 pm »
Finally found a decently priced loose copy of Wrecking Crew. It seems most people want $15 - $20 for it which I won't pay but got one a few days ago for $10 shipped which I can live with. Just got it today :)
Feels a little heavier than my other NES games, wonder if it's one of the ones that may have the famicom converter inside.

soera

« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2014, 03:14:29 pm »
Finally got my CDX. I put it in layaway at a friend's pawn store in September. He told me as long as I made any payment at all, he would hold it as long as I wanted til it gets paid off. I would drop $5/10 at a time every 2 weeks or so and I just made the last payment today. Its so cool! I never thought I would actually own a CDX but Im pretty happy to have one now. Looks like I may be in the market for another line of games.  ;)

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2014, 08:03:28 pm »
Hello, gorgeous.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:38 pm »
Birthday today and I got the Legend of Zelda Prima box Set

also went out and got
Fear Effect- PS1
Fear Effect 2- PS1
Tactics Ogre: the Knight of Lodis- GBA

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2014, 11:19:05 pm »
Hello, gorgeous.

Dang, I subscribed just too late to get in on the first issue, and no Play-N-Trades in my area to get it off of the shelf from.

soera

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2014, 11:22:36 pm »
Damn you got Buster Douglas ? I really wish I could find me a complete copy. Im like 10 games from complete but Im not really moving all that fast to finish cause of it.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2014, 11:31:54 pm »
Dang, I subscribed just too late to get in on the first issue, and no Play-N-Trades in my area to get it off of the shelf from.

I backed it when the Kickstarter was still live. Got my name printed in the back and all that jazz. Looks like they have the first issue available for $8.50 shipped on their website.

Damn you got Buster Douglas ? I really wish I could find me a complete copy. Im like 10 games from complete but Im not really moving all that fast to finish cause of it.

Between that one and Jack Bros. I blew my game budget for at least the next three or four months.  :(

soera

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2014, 11:32:56 pm »
Thats crazy but you done with both sms and vb now?

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2014, 11:34:33 pm »
Yup. Although now I need another shelf. The SMS games have pushed a good chunk of my other games back into boxes.

« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2014, 01:02:19 am »
my mate fave me these for my birthday

jcalder8

« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2014, 01:56:15 am »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2014, 02:48:01 am »
Just ordered this awesome 3DS/DS game case from Club Nintendo! I got the Legend of Zelda set. Comes with 3 different covers (3DS, Zelda, & Mario). It should go along very nicely with my new 3DS XL.  8)

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/44002.do

I also got the new issue of Retro Gamer, number 123. Which I'm about to add to the database here. Tell me that cover doesn't draw you in:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:00:57 am by burningdoom »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2014, 10:29:09 am »
For $100 with shipping, I received complete copies of:

SEGA GENESIS:
Altered Beast
Flashback: The Quest For Identity
NBA Jam
StarFlight
Super Hang-On
Sword Of Vermilion
Toxic Crusaders

Plus, other Sega Genesis games that came with the lot that I wasn't interested in.  Not a bad haul...

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2014, 11:04:27 am »
Just ordered this awesome 3DS/DS game case from Club Nintendo! I got the Legend of Zelda set. Comes with 3 different covers (3DS, Zelda, & Mario). It should go along very nicely with my new 3DS XL.  8)

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/44002.do

i like the case but after the luigi statue im saving all my points for something like that.
so gutted i didnt get that. (i had the points a few months before but i got all 4 kirby badges)