Author Topic: 360 games. help me out  (Read 1912 times)

90snostalga

360 games. help me out
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:10:26 pm »
I was at gamestop trying to spend my 20 dollar coupon off games and I looked stupid trying to figure out the 360 games.  I understand Gears of War and the first Mass Effect are 360 exclusives, so would you guys recommend those two and what other 360 games would you suggest?  Exclusive and games that are better on 360 compared to ps3.  Thanks guys.

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: 360 games. help me out
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:51:57 pm »
Are you looking for exclusives or just stuff that is on the 360?  There's been some awesome stuff come out this generation. Most of it was multiplatform though.

topspot123

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:17:56 pm »
Excluding pc, these games are known to be better on Xbox 360:

The Orange Box
BioShock
Bayonetta

marginally better:

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
You Don't Know Jack (if you have the Big Button controllers)

Exclusives include a couple of good Scene It? games (great for parties), Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, and of course Kinect stuff.  These are the one's that I can think of now, but it just depends on the kinds of games you like. 

90snostalga

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:56:03 pm »
Are you looking for exclusives or just stuff that is on the 360?  There's been some awesome stuff come out this generation. Most of it was multiplatform though.

Both.  Good 360 exclusives and games that came out multiplatforms but are best on 360.

And are gears of war and mass effect good games?  I was going to get mass effect on the wii u but see its only the third one so i want to start with the first

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 09:41:46 pm »
Get Borderlands and Borderlands 2.
I heart the Assassins Creed series. The first one got boring, but it's good for backstory. The rest are great.
Kameo: Elements of Power was fun. If was a launch title. Overlooked exclusive.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2. They're both good
Red Dead Redemption was possibly the best game this generation.

That's a good start.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:18:48 pm by turf »

90snostalga

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 10:03:01 pm »

The Orange Box
BioShock
Bayonetta

Thanks.  BioShock seems like something I would enjoy.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »
Mass Effect Trilogy is both available for the PS3 and Xbox 360.  Whichever you prefer...  As for the Hacking part, I would recommend the game for the PS3 because when I played on the Xbox 360, buttons got jammed on my play-through.

If you're a fan of Japanese RPGs...  Tales Of Vesperia, Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey are not available on the PS3.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

mark1982

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 11:58:15 pm »
The 360 has some great games.

Some of the better exclusives that I enjoyed for the machine would be

- Gears of War 2 (I enjoyed this one the most out of the series)
- Lost Odyssey (Great exclusive JRPG, brought a tear to my eye... Engaging and emotional side stories)
- Crackdown (Even though an old game, was loads of fun for its time, not Crackdown 2 though, stick with the first one)
- Dead Rising (Always had a soft spot for the original, I believe it was ported over to other systems)
- Fable II (Enjoyed for some time, even though it gets a lot of flak from people)
- Halo 3 (Best Halo game for me that is, for some reason I though part 4 was a snooze fest)
- Mass Effect Series (Although no longer exclusive, this is a fantastic trilogy)
- The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (If you don't have it on PC please play this game  8) )

That's all I can think of at the moment, these are mainly or partly exclusive, plenty of great third party games on the machine as well. For example Bayonetta is better on the 360, textures are a lot better and smoother.

hope this helps.
  l    l 

90snostalga

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 12:25:35 am »
Thanks so much  :)  I've got my wish list built so I'll keep these in memory for the 360. 

90snostalga

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 12:28:52 am »

The Orange Box
BioShock
Bayonetta

marginally better:

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
You Don't Know Jack (if you have the Big Button controllers)

Exclusives include a couple of good Scene It? games (great for parties), Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, and of course Kinect stuff.  These are the one's that I can think of now, but it just depends on the kinds of games you like.

Wait, the orange box is that a half-life game?

Veilor

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 03:37:05 am »
Orange Box is TF2, portal, HL2, HL2 episode 1 & 2 in one box.

And what other's said as suggestions sounds good. I'll just jump in and recommend a few others, some multiplatform games though, but good ones.

-Brutal Legend
-The Saboteur
-Halo Reach
-Ghostbusters: The Video Game
-The Darkness
-Darksiders series
-Beautiful Katamari

topspot123

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 03:19:56 pm »

- Dead Rising (Always had a soft spot for the original, I believe it was ported over to other systems)

The first one is still an Xbox 360 exclusive.  They remade it for the Wii as Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, but that is an unimpressive remake, not even a port.  Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2:  Off the Record are multi-platform.  Dead Rising Case Zero and Case West are XBLA exclusives.  Some people like these games and others don't.  You may want to try them out, 90snostalga.

scott

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »
I liked Case Zero, but it's really only good for a quick zombie fix. I've beaten it countless times and I think it only lasts a couple hours max.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 10:52:10 pm »
I see so much multiplat games on those list, so here, for me, the best exclusives games for the 360:

Last Odyssey (JRPG, I really dont like it to much, the story for me is really boring)
Infinite Underscovery (Action Rpg, is like xenoblade on wii or white knight chronicles on ps3, I didnt play it too much but a far I played was some what enjoyable)
Tales of Vesperia (JRPG, another really good tales of game, one of my favs tales games)
Magna Carta 2 (Action Rpg, at the time was came out was ok for the grapphics but now, well I dont think so. I got bored when I replayed again)
The witcher 2 (action rpg, if you love action rpg you will love this one, if not you will hated it because the story is kinda boring)
Fable 2 (for me this equal good to the first one)
Alan Wake (excellent "horror" game, is like a silent hill game that you need to resolve puzzle and find stuff, as well survive againts the enemies but not like a shooter. I said "horror" in this way because for me was more drama on the story than horror)
Gears of war 1 (for me the best one of the series, third person shooter)
Bio shock (This was a exclusive tittle for 360 but now you can find it on ps3, first person shooter)
Ninety-nine nights (if you like dysnasty warriors you love this too)

topspot123

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 11:55:52 pm »

Alan Wake (excellent "horror" game, is like a silent hill game that you need to resolve puzzle and find stuff, as well survive againts the enemies but not like a shooter. I said "horror" in this way because for me was more drama on the story than horror)

I forgot that Alan Wake was a 360 exclusive.  I even have that game!