Author Topic: Other Intrest thread  (Read 4961 times)

Other Intrest thread
« on: February 01, 2014, 12:27:41 pm »
I think it would be gucci if we shared other interest we have other than video games.  I also like band, electronics especailly subwoofers, scraping metal, i do like going to school even though I'm not a great student, i also like making fat stacks.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Other Intrest thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:02:36 pm »
I think most of the regulars here already know most of my interests, since I discuss them pretty openly here already. But for the interest of this thread, and in case anyone didn't know:

-Comic Books - Mostly Marvel and DC Comics from the 80s to current; although since New 52 from DC and the relaunch after relaunch after relaunch from Marvel I'm starting to think about going only back-issues. I've got a pretty decent sized collection (around 5,000). In the 90s, I also collected comic trading cards. Got a few binders of those collecting dust, since they really aren't sold anymore.

-Sci-Fi & Fantasy Movies - Love em. The Star Trek series, Back to the Future Trilogy, Lord of the Rings, Conan movies, Robocop, Starship Troopers, Troy, Legend, etc., etc. I could name great movies from this genre for an entire page, probably. I just love the sense of wonder they evoke.

-Horror Movies - More into sci-fi movies these days, and when I was younger I was more into the horror. But I still enjoy a good horror-flick from time-to-time. I'd say my horror knowledge kind of drops off at the 2000s era, though. I really like zombie movies in particular (Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Zombie, Resident Evil). Non-romantic vampire flicks are cool, too, you know, the ones where they don't sparkle and they mercilessly kill people (30 Days of Night, Dracula 2000, Lost Boys, Night Flier). I also like the 70s and 80s gorefest movies like the Nightmare on Elm Street series, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Night of the Demons, and others.

-Metal Music - I like a lot of different metal from the 70s to today. Thrash, Melodic Death Metal, 80s Hair Metal, NWOBHM, and a little Power Metal here or there are my favorites. Megadeth, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, old Metallica, In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Children of Bodom, W.A.S.P., Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Scorpions, Nightwish; just to name a few favorites. BTW, in related news, WE JUST BOUGHT TICKETS TO THE MOTLEY CRUE FAREWELL TOUR WITH ALICE COOPER!!!

-Pro-Wrestling - Yep, men in tights. And yes, I know it's fake. But that doesn't stop it from being entertaining like any other T.V. show or movie which are also "fake". To tell the truth, though, the last few years haven't been too kind to wrestling. TNA is in shambles, and WWE is the same old it's been for the last half decade. But older TNA and WWE, and WCW are things that I love and invested much time into. Monday Nights used to be so much more exciting when Raw and Nitro were the center of the night, speaking of which I recently got the Raw 12-disc set of the 20 best episodes uncut. I so highly recommend this to any fans of the WWE of yesteryear. I've been enjoying the hell out of reliving these episodes.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »
I also like to listen to a lot of rap and some metal, classic, rock.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 03:01:56 pm »
Baseball: I really enjoy watching baseball, specifically the Mariners.  It takes up a lot of my gaming time during the season, but I am planning on doing my level grinding while the games are on this year.
Metal:  I enjoy collecting music CDs.  My shelf is basically filled up with Weird Al CDs, Metal CDs, and a little bit of alternative rock.  My favorite subgenre in metal is doom metal, but I also enjoy listening to thrash and some death metal.
Malware: I don't really know a whole lot about the technical side, but I find malware fascinating and watch a lot of videos and read a lot about it.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 04:17:21 pm »
Baseball: I really enjoy watching baseball, specifically the Mariners.  It takes up a lot of my gaming time during the season, but I am planning on doing my level grinding while the games are on this year.
Metal:  I enjoy collecting music CDs.  My shelf is basically filled up with Weird Al CDs, Metal CDs, and a little bit of alternative rock.  My favorite subgenre in metal is doom metal, but I also enjoy listening to thrash and some death metal.
Malware: I don't really know a whole lot about the technical side, but I find malware fascinating and watch a lot of videos and read a lot about it.
  My Mom likes baseball.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 04:49:37 pm »
I'm seriously an odd duck in this department. I love stuff all over the map. 

1. Mixed Martial Arts. I love fighting. Wait... I love watching fighting. I'm not about to get punched in the face. I have friends who fight.  I've been training partners. I've even coached and cornered guys a few times. I love this sport.

2. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  I'm ate up with it. I love the gentle art. There is something primal, simple, and beautiful about two people trying to choke each other unconscious.  :D. This is what introduced me to MMA and it's what I have enough experience in to coach or corner a fighter.

3. Arkansas Razorbacks I love the Hogs. Basketball and football mostly, but I'll cheer for any sport.

There's a ton of other stuff that I enjoy.  Music, movies, beer, hookers... The list goes on.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 06:06:48 pm »
I'm seriously an odd duck in this department. I love stuff all over the map. 
I am also an odd one as well. I like to listen to crunk, rap, dirty south and gansta rap, but i love nintendo like zelda. i like japanese things and the language, but i am not very studious. i also like the medical feild. i like innovation over graphics.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 08:31:46 pm »
psychology: i love learning and studying psychology, i think the reason why i like psychology is because i have mental illness my self

film,television, music and technology history: there are so many reasons why i love the history of film,television, music and technology history that i can make 2 page essays on them, so i'm gonna in to details but just know i love it

family history: this is something that's vary important to me and i think its important for future generations to know ware they came from

sin2beta

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 09:26:39 pm »
I really like Math. My degree is in math and am published in physics. I also really like music. Punk and grunge are my main interests.

Comic Books used to be a main hobby of mine. Video Games have taken over, but in a few years it will switch back to comics. I like movies and television in the same way I like comics. I love pulp fiction.

I used to row in college. I still love that sport. I also enjoy watching hockey. Now that I'm a north Texan, I'm trying to get into Baseball.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 09:30:05 pm »

I used to row in college. I still love that sport. I also enjoy watching hockey. Now that I'm a north Texan, I'm trying to get into Baseball.
Are you going with The Rangers or pulling for the underdog, the Astros?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 11:43:17 pm »
Oh man..

I work on VGC
I collect Board Games
I collect beer bottles and caps
I collect CDs
I collect fancy Hardcover Books
I paint miniatures
I play Bass guitar
I sometimes build MAME machines
I draw
I do graphic design projects

Um... there is prolly more. >_>

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 12:00:24 am »
As my user name suggests, I am an avid cyclist, although I refuse to wear spandex like many other people I bike with :p

I also am very interested in computers, specifically programming, so much so I am seriously considering changing career paths in the near future.

I love Shoegaze music. If you don't know what it is, I highly recommend giving it a listen :)

I love anime and manga.

I also enjoy writing, specifically fictional memoirs that have bits of my own personal experiences sprinkled in. Would love to get something published, but it is something I do more for fun than anything.

soera

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 12:08:42 am »
My other interests .... well there is this :

anruiukimi

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 07:02:40 pm »
I'm a newbie here, but well, I'll throw in my two cents. :)

I've collected anime things for close to twenty years, and I've gotten more specific over the years, but these days it's largely:

Anime cels (Future GPX Cyber Formula, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and Card Captor Sakura, primarily)
Anime dishes (Anything I find cute, but I prefer to have least watched some of the show)
One Piece clothing
One Piece stuff in general as mood strikes
Dragon Quest music
Anime/video game Vinyl (records)

I've got so many posters (and anime CDs) in storage that I've cut myself off there, but once upon a time...

------

I also sew, do crafts, draw, write, blahblahblah...

I do machine embroidery for Etsy customers for extra cash, but I've had the same designs for over a year. I need to branch out a bit. :/

There are days that I want to pack up large amounts of my things, and sell them at the first anime swap meet I can get to, but I'll probably focus more on that when I'm looking for a new place again. :)

I also enjoy history and anthropology, I tend to watch more documentaries than dramas these days.

There's more I can ramble about, but nothing is coming to mind at the moment. ::laughs::

90snostalga

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 08:40:51 pm »
My other interest:

MUSIC-I love music from the Beatles to Bob Marley to Jimmi Hendrix to Tupac to Nirvana to Skillet to Dr. Dre from cassettes, cds and vinyl.  I listen all sorts of music on many formats with the exception of digital.  I do not do iTunes, download music or none of that.

Additionally, I also produce music and I used to make beats for local rappers and work in the studio.  I also used to perform at clubs and I was also on some local ABC stations at one time lol.  My little brother is a guitarists and plays in 3 different traveling bands at age 12.  He can play anything!

SPORTS-I love hockey and I like football.  Only professional.  I for some reason cannot get into college football so I only watch NHL and sometimes NFL.

MOVIES-I love movies and I also collect tv shows on dvd and movies that I can watch over and over.  Me and my kids have movie nights a lot and watch a lot of horror movies.

Other those things and games, I have no life and I am very nerdy and lame and boring and I have no friends other than one's on VGCollect.com