Author Topic: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28946 times)

argyle

Re: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2014, 01:03:11 pm »
Thank you, you're a gentleman and a scholar.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »
Flea

how many systems do you need to have them all?

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2014, 07:41:08 pm »
picked up Ducktales HD on the Wii-U. it was $12 on groupon

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2014, 07:57:24 pm »
over the past week or 2
Strategy Guides
Sonic Adventure 2 battle/Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2

N64
Star Wars Episode 1: Battle For Naboo (apparently a Prequel to Rouge Squadron)
4 more N64 games I want to get ;D

Game Boy
Bomberman GB

PS1
Mega Man 8

Wii
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers

... I have no Idea what I was thinking with that last one

karyann

« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31:09 pm »
Wii

Every time I see it, I kinda want to buy it just because it seems too silly. Please report back if you try it :P

over the past week or 2
Strategy Guides
Sonic Advance 2
I keep changing my mind on whether I want strategy guides or not. I don't use them ever, but it's pretty. But it takes up space and uses money that I could spend on games. But it's kinda part of the game. But...

soera

« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2014, 08:48:26 pm »
I like strategy guides. For a lot of stuff, I consider them part of the game.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2014, 08:59:27 pm »
Wii

Every time I see it, I kinda want to buy it just because it seems too silly. Please report back if you try it :P

I just Started playing it about 40 minutes into Saki's story and from What I can tell
Dynasty Warriors + Zombies + Devil may cry's kill the whole room before progressing + Girls= this game

one thing I will Praise it for is the sword gauge as you kill zombies it will fill causing less damage and making it harder to swing until you flick the blood off

over the past week or 2
Strategy Guides
Sonic Advance 2
I keep changing my mind on whether I want strategy guides or not. I don't use them ever, but it's pretty. But it takes up space and uses money that I could spend on games. But it's kinda part of the game. But...

I feel they're a must for RPG's/ Big world games for the map alone, and if you really want to try to 100% a game.
(I'm trying to 100% Adventure 2 so having those little tricks in the guide do help with that)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2014, 09:03:43 pm »
The only game I truly felt I needed the strategy guide for was Morrowind. The characters/journal give you vague directions. The map gives you general idea but often isn't precise. And there's not fast-travel in Morrowind.

And before I had access to the internet, wrestling games. Some of those moves were pretty complicated.

« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2014, 11:48:45 pm »
Picked up Resident Evil Director's Cut on the PS1 tonight for $10. I own more RE variants than I know what to do with :p

argyle

« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2014, 03:50:55 am »
I'll get a strategy guide for any RPG for collection purposes.  I'll also pickup CE guides for games that I really like, for the same reason.  I usually end up using the RPG guides, but the others are just for collecting. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

theflea

« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2014, 04:23:44 am »
Flea

how many systems do you need to have them all?

Well, if you count every model and color variety, then its too many to list. lol

But if I only count system platforms not counting different models.
And only 2 of those are US consoles. lol

Then There's another 15+ model variations of systems I already own that I'm currently on the hunt for at a good price.

This is a pic i made of every console I hope to have in my collection one day and there's only 35 consoles I'm still missing that are pictured here. There's a couple I missed but this has 95% of every console and models ever made (not counting color variations or slight changes)

"Happy game hunting!!!"

anruiukimi

« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2014, 11:21:36 am »
That's a lot of video game consoles!  :o

I applaud your dedication, that's intense.

My only incoming is Dragon Warrior I & II for GBC. I plan to get DWIII for GBC eventually, then boxed versions of the DWM2 games, and I think that covers the US Dragon Warrior/Quest releases for me. :)

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2014, 12:35:11 pm »
That's a fantastic pic of all those consoles Flea. Would make a great wallpaper.

Finally got a copy of Pool Hall Pro for the Wii. Surprised how hard it was to find a simple Wii Pool game (Pool Party sucks, don't bother) This one is pretty good
Also downloaded Alien Crush Returns Wii Ware. Kinda shocked this wasn't already in the database. I love the TG-16 original.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2014, 01:12:51 pm »
Where do you keep them all? I have around 20, and I'm like "no more, I don't have the room!" (Although I still wouldn't turn down a Wii U.)

I also have a wife I have to share the house with, though.

argyle

« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2014, 04:43:58 pm »
I stumbled across a used copy of Dark Souls at lunch at a nearby GS in the Prepare To Die tin.  Was only $11, so I snatched it.  Tin looks to be in pretty good shape, but it needs cleaning - I'll know better tonight how much is clean-able and how much (if any) is damage.  Unfortunately that & the slipcover is all it had - no artbook, and not even the actual game case/manual.  But that's ok, I'm gonna trade just the disk in to Best Buy after work where they'll give me $10.50 for it.  So .50 for the tin, and then I can grab a new copy of the game at another GS for $15 this week.  I'm very happy with that find.  :)