Author Topic: Bravely Default  (Read 2274 times)

Bravely Default
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:11:03 am »
I just started this today and after about an hour I can tell you I'm hooked. This has to be the most gorgeous game on the 3DS ever. If you own a 3DS but don't own this game, you need to get it. If you don't own a 3DS, GO GET ONE!!!

anruiukimi

Re: Bravely Default
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 10:56:34 am »
I just started this today and after about an hour I can tell you I'm hooked. This has to be the most gorgeous game on the 3DS ever. If you own a 3DS but don't own this game, you need to get it. If you don't own a 3DS, GO GET ONE!!!

I definitely picked a good time to cave and get a 3DS. I had got mine largely for Fire Emblem, but I preordered Bravely Default CE when I was buying another game back in December on a whim, and I'm glad I did! I keep taking my 3DS to work so I can play on my lunch breaks~ ;)

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 08:03:00 pm »
My GF is currently playing through it and she is absolutely obsessed with it. From what she is saying and from what I have read, it is just like Final Fantasy when Final Fantasy was actually good. That alone makes me want to play it so badly.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:15:47 pm »
I've honestly like this game more than I ever did Final Fantasy

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:36:21 pm »
I grew up in the golden age of JRPGs, and I have been looking for a current gen title that made me feel like I did when I was a kid playing through phantasy star, final fantasy, and dragon warrior. This game is the first game since Final Fantasy X that I have been truly engrossed in. I can see myself putting countless hours into this game, and I cant wait to do it.

soera

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 08:48:56 pm »
Im about 4 hours in and enjoying the hell out of it. I bought me a new pair of headphones today so that I can sit in bed and play and hear it while the wife sleeps.

I know it sounds like a broken record but you also need to play Ni no Kuni if you like Bravely Default.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 10:43:00 pm »
I know it sounds like a broken record but you also need to play Ni no Kuni if you like Bravely Default.

I have it, I just haven't gotten around to playing it. My wife pretty much has control of the TV/PS3; between Rocksmith and the "Real housewives of who the fuck cares" I'm kind of stuck gaming on my 3ds. Not that its a bad thing. I'm really starting to think the 3DS is the best handheld ever!!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 02:56:06 am »
Thoroughly enjoying it myself, but I've been easily distracted from it the past few days which is not a good sign for me. I play things obsessively until completion or I lose interest.

I'm a little worried I won't finish it. I've got about 60 hours on the clock on mine (some of it from just letting game idle) and just completed the third crystal (got stuck on that dumb boss). I think the Norende town time stuff is bumming me out now. I was cool with it when I could complete a few things a day or leave longer ones overnight which would be completed when I woke up. But now all I'm left with is stuff with times anywhere from 68 to 99 hours and not enough villagers (27 atm) to get them going quickly. So now I'm stuck waiting for a whole day or two to complete one and I think it's killed some of my enthusiasm for the game.

Also the jobs that are unlocked farther down the road don't seem all that interesting to me other than maybe Swordmaster or Templar or whatever. I dislike how they made certain classes look or changed names etc. I want the traditional jobs and appearances :(

Regardless, the game is fantastic. The music, art style, and gameplay is all great. This should have absolutely been titled Final Fantasy and, IMO, belongs in the main numbered series much more than the the 13 series of games do.

scott

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 09:28:11 am »
I loaded this up yesterday to check it out quick. Hot damn that art style! Reminds me of Saga Frontier 2 graphically. Hopefully I can hop into it soon. I'm still deep in Skyrim though.

Edit: Scratch that... Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is out next week. >_>
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:13:26 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 07:29:19 pm »
I am about six hours into it and I am really liking it.  The battle system is great and is not too complicated.  What party set up are you all using?  I have a White Mage, Dark Mage, Monk, and Knight all around level 11 at the moment, but I have not played a modern JRPG before and am not sure if it is a good party set up.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 08:51:50 pm »
Thats the set up I have right now too. I dont know what I will do once a 5th job opens up ... but Ill probably swap out either the monk or the black wizard.

pacpix

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »
I have been thinking about swapping the monk also.  Maybe to a more traditional fighting class, or a thief.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 09:50:24 pm »
Right now I have freelancer, Knight, Black Mage(sub white mage), and Monk and I believe I'm about 5-6 hours in.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 10:02:25 pm »
Im in between the Fire and Earth crystal stuff I guess. Characters are around lvl 45.

Party is Knight/sub Spell Fencer, White Mage/sub Time Mage, Black Mage/sub White Mage, Thief/sub Freelancer for Examine. The only times I've switched main jobs was to get levels on a different a job to unlock stuff but eh. I haven't found other stuff that works as well for me. Tiz (Knight) has two-handed on most of the time. I just super love the way Tiz looks as a Knight.

I just unlocked Swordmaster and Ninja, which so far seem kinda meh.

karyann

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 09:04:04 am »
I just started the demo last night, finally! I wanted to play the demo first to experience the parts that are not in the game, and get a few items ahead to start.