Author Topic: Game Boy Games in Cassette Cases?  (Read 31250 times)

scott

Re: Game Boy Games in Cassette Cases?
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2014, 01:58:53 pm »
I didn't get a chance to work on the template this weekend. I'll knock it out tonight after dinner.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2014, 04:09:34 pm »
I didn't get a chance to work on the template this weekend. I'll knock it out tonight after dinner.

No worries, I managed to get about 10 good cases to start with for .20 cents a piece at the thrift shop in nice condition, which should get me through my Zeldas before I delve into the rest I need to do which is about 20 to 30 I think.

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2014, 07:54:00 pm »
Got the template last night and started working on creating my own covers for my Zelda games.  I have 5 of them finished, but with my test one today, I realized I was low on ink, so the quality is rather poor lol  Just fine for testing though.  Took a little extra trimming to fit inside, but it works well enough.

Should have the ink tomorrow, so I can probably have these 5 done this weekend.  Just have one more to make once I find a good cover art image.  That seems to be the challenging part at the moment, finding the right cover art that is large enough to fit the template.

scott

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2014, 11:49:47 pm »
Nice!

scott

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2014, 11:10:37 am »
Don't forget to set the printer to best quality - specialty or photo paper

Another thing I noticed when doing mine, was that I had to run the printer's Clean Cartridges function and after that the lines went away.

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2014, 05:47:03 pm »
And got my first games done! I still have one more Zelda game to go, I couldn't find a good cover at the moment, so I'll have to fool around with something for that, but I got 5 of the games done.  They all came out great, though for some reason the Zelda 2 came out not as dark for the black as I would've liked and the green on it was kinda faded also which was odd, but still looks good.

I'm probably not gonna do everything, just focus on certain games like the Mario's probably, but this is pretty cool to do ^^

scott

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2014, 05:50:47 pm »
What's up with the spine one the blue Oracle game?

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2014, 05:56:44 pm »
What's up with the spine one the blue Oracle game?

Well i couldn't find the same quality cover that would work as with Seasons, without all the advertisement stuff and on the cover picture, it has both those games displayed on it and while I probably could've edited it out, I kept it complete and let it wrap around the spine lol

scott

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2014, 06:04:58 pm »
Ah ok. I thought maybe you did something like I almost did. Went through and was working on one cover and didn't do the spine logo, until I went to print it and noticed at the last second, haha.

I've been working on covers today too. So far I've knocked these out. I got lines through the cover of Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, but decided it wasn't worth reprinting. I may do it later, but it printed w/ Conker's and it turned out fine. If both had been funky I'd have tried again.

and my shelf, so far
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:07:36 pm by scott »

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »
Ah ok. I thought maybe you did something like I almost did. Went through and was working on one cover and didn't do the spine logo, until I went to print it and noticed at the last second, haha.

I've been working on covers today too. So far I've knocked these out. I got lines through the cover of Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, but decided it wasn't worth reprinting. I may do it later, but it printed w/ Conker's and it turned out fine. If both had been funky I'd have tried again.

and my shelf, so far

I need that Conker's game lol They all look good though and it sounds like you had the same weird issue with printing sorta, like every other one printed out in a nicely quality, but the Zelda 2 of mine was kinda faded, though it was fresh thing of ink I had in it.  Odd, but still usable.

scott

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2014, 06:34:30 pm »
I had the same issue w/ Bo Jackson's, it turned out liney. I did a Clean Cartridges on my printer and redid it and it came out nice and crisp.

scott

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2014, 12:42:07 am »
Knocked out 4 more haven't been able to cut them out yet tho.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2014, 11:59:07 am »
Hmm, its looking really good.

Is it possible to use your template in Gimp, or other free programs? I dont have photoshop (anymore).

scott

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2014, 12:45:04 pm »
Gimp reads PSD files, I think. So you should be good to go.

scott

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2014, 01:21:40 pm »
Did some more work over the last few days and knocked out these babies.

And now I have all but one on 2 shelves done.