Author Topic: Game Boy Games in Cassette Cases?  (Read 30329 times)

Re: Game Boy Games in Cassette Cases?
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2014, 11:36:46 pm »
They really look great.  I've been lazy getting to more of what I have, but I'll probably look at doing another batch, at least of my Mario related games here this week.

scott

« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2014, 11:50:25 pm »
Thanks guys. I really like it, I've already utilized the ability to easily find a game a couple times now. So much nicer than sifting through a pile of carts.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

haloofthesun

« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »
I would love to do this but I sadly have no ability to be able to make my own  :'(

« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2014, 09:20:28 pm »
Another batch done.  Just one more Mario game left and then I'll look towards a few more.  Also posted, while you may not notice, I printed out a fresh cover for Diddy Kong Racing on DS with a cover resource online.  It looks like it's not even different and works well for the one spare DS case I had.

scott

« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2014, 09:21:51 pm »
Nice!

I'm really debating on doing the GBA games too. Still not sure yet, since I have like 70 DS cases in a box waiting for GBA conversion.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2014, 09:26:37 pm »
Nice!

I'm really debating on doing the GBA games too. Still not sure yet, since I have like 70 DS cases in a box waiting for GBA conversion.

I would see that the DS cases would generally be easier to do than cassette ones, I just have easier access around me to grab cheap casette tapes than DS cases, so it works out fine that way.

argyle

« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2014, 08:51:25 pm »
So, umm...I got my first GB games today... *twitch*   ::)

So do you guys still have the covers you've already made somewhere so I don't have to "reinvent the wheel" on those?  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2014, 09:03:39 pm »
I don't mind sharing the ones I made with folks.  Mine are probably abit less "accurate" than Scott's, but if you are just wanting the picture and side, mine will do.  Which ones do you want of mine?

argyle

« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2014, 10:53:38 pm »
I don't mind sharing the ones I made with folks.  Mine are probably abit less "accurate" than Scott's, but if you are just wanting the picture and side, mine will do.  Which ones do you want of mine?

The 2 Super Mario Land ones.  :)  Oh, and did I miss the template in this thread?  Probably...

EDIT: semi-related question - is there a site other than www.thecoverproject.net where you can download printable DS covers?  That site is missing quite a few that I need, and since I have a ton of empty cases I was thinking about just printing up the covers to the cart-only games I've been buying from GS lately. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:51:19 pm by argyle »
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2014, 12:31:56 am »
I found my Diddy Kong Racing one there, but I haven't used it much.  You can ask Scott for the template, but I can post up the two super mario ones somewhere to use.

argyle

« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2014, 02:32:43 pm »
So I'm going to ask this here instead of making a new thread because it's related.  I have a ton of case-less DS games that I'd like to do something with.  I also have a ton of empty/blank DS cases, so you'd think I should be set - but I can only find printable covers for *maybe* half of the games I need, probably less.  For the rest, I can find a hi res front cover for MOST, but the back & spine is a no-go.  So here are the options I've come up with so far:

1) I could print & case the ones I've found covers for & leave the rest.  Don't like this idea.

2) I could create my own covers, ignoring what the original artwork was & just doing my own thing w/ the hi-res art I'm able to find.  I'm borderline on this option, my main issue being that they wouldn't match the DS games I do actually have real cases/covers for. 

3) I could do something completely different for the cart-only games I have such as making some of these cassette covers (tho a DS game would rattle around in a cassette case unless I did something to it to hold the cart in place) or something similar.

I'm really torn.  Buying the real cases online isn't an option because they're just too much money, and the reason I got these games cart only is because they were so much cheaper than buying a complete version.  Of course if I come across some in the wild for cheap w/ the real cases I'll grab them, but that's a crapshoot.  I'd like to do something in the meantime to make it easier to look through my quickly expanding DS library.  Any suggestions will be welcomed.  :)

« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2014, 08:05:34 pm »
bad@chaos GB storage solution:

Step 1: Locate cup or container holding games

Step 2: Dump contents

abe

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:27 pm »
What's that orange GBA cartridge that's next to Pokemon Ruby? ???
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2014, 12:33:07 am »
Fire Red.

karyann

« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2014, 07:24:16 am »
Best mug ever! However, it's a mess to find games in this, and call me nitpicky but this also scratches stickers a lot... So, good for you if you like that way!  But I can't bring myself to do this  :(