Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 37853 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #375 on: March 29, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »
Just picked up (both sealed) from GS:

Dark Souls II:  Black Armor Edition (PS3) -and-

Thief (PS4)  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #376 on: March 29, 2014, 01:33:21 pm »
I finally bought a Nintendo 3ds.

;D

Now you're playing with power  8)

Thought I would correct this for you  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #377 on: March 29, 2014, 02:02:10 pm »
I finally bought a Nintendo 3ds.

;D

Now you're playing with power  8)

Thought I would correct this for you  ;)

+10 points (goes to your "Power-of-Observation" stat). 90's!

I was waiting to see who would catch that & when  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Warmsignal

« Reply #378 on: March 29, 2014, 02:48:19 pm »
Just got Deathtrap Dungeon. Another PS1 hit-and-miss title, that I think looks pretty cool. I'm all about these early 3D action adventures.

argyle

« Reply #379 on: March 29, 2014, 07:13:21 pm »
I'm back!  Fun vacation, but glad to be home.  :)  So here's my haul from the week - some of this I mentioned already, some of it I grabbed today on the way home when we hit a couple of flea markets.  Here's pics of it all at any rate.  ;)

Left-right, that's Lunar for DS (cart only - the crappy one, apparently :P), a complete Mystery Case Files for my wife, a complete Chibi Robo: Park Patrol to replace my cart-only one, F-Zero GX (some water damage, but for $5 I decided to take it anyway), Castlevania: LoS & Dragon's Dogma: DA both complete & like new, Lost in Blue cart only, Rayman Rush for PS1 (I have never seen this game before, and being a Rayman fan & since it was complete and in excellent condition I decided to grab it), Kuon complete & like-new, Otogi, Otogi 2 & Crimson Sea all complete & in excellent condition, a Pac-Man glass circa 1980-something (my wife got me one for Christmas, couldn't resist grabbing a second for $2), Clocktower 3 complete & in excellent condition (just needs a new plastic case), Getting Up complete & in very good condition, Dirge of Cerberus, Demon Stone & Way of the Samurai all complete & like-new and not game related but a copy of the graphic novel Maus I picked up for $1. 

Kuon was the big pickup of the trip - got it from a guy at a flea market booth who was not a game dealer, most of his booth was LP's & movies.  He had one stack of PS2 games, and I asked him how much they were - he acted unsure, said he got them from a storage locker and that I was the first person that had asked about them.  He then told me $7 for most, $5 for the GH games he had.  I picked out 4 - Kuon, Demon Stone, Dirge of Cerberus & Way of the Samurai - and offered him $20.  He took it.  :)  DS, DoC & WotS were replacements for rough disk-only copies I had gotten from  the recent Gamestop PS2 clearance.  Kuon I really wanted because I'm trying to get all of the PS2 survival horror games.  And it's rather pricey on ebay (looks like at least $55 for a complete copy).

Four guides I grabbed from this HUGE place that dealt in used books/movies/music & games.  Really nice place, decent prices for the most part.  Got the guides, the 3 Xbox games, Getting Up and Lunar from there.  Was happy to find all of these guides - was shocked to see that they only wanted $3 for the Alundra 2 guide, given how old it is.  All are in great condition as well.

Then I returned home to some packages:

BlazBlue: CP CE came out this week, Mugen Souls CE was on sale at NISA this week and the other games were from the big sale Square-Enix was running on their website.  I have the LE packaging for KH 1.5, but traded in the disk (mainly because BB gave me what I paid for the set for it :P) and wanted to pick up the standard packaging edition anyway so that I can keep the LE on the shelf unused so it doesn't get damaged.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

anruiukimi

« Reply #380 on: March 29, 2014, 09:46:39 pm »
Maus is excellent. :) Make sure you find the second volume somewhere! Funny that it was by itself, I'm positive that's the version that is normally in the boxed set.

I tend to get fun, functional stuff (plushies are totally functional.)

They sure are! Why would I gather so many if it wasn't the case?  ::) (I'm a total sucker for goodies and various video game products. And plushies are EVERYWHERE)

That's some nice loot there  :D

Thanks! I've got three more slimes on preorder now, because I always need more slimes. xD

foxhack

« Reply #381 on: March 29, 2014, 10:07:49 pm »
Maus is excellent. :) Make sure you find the second volume somewhere! Funny that it was by itself, I'm positive that's the version that is normally in the boxed set.
I have that box set. I didn't know that version wasn't released separately.

argyle

« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2014, 10:15:35 pm »
I've heard a ton about Maus, which is why I snatched it for that price.  I don't read a ton of graphic novels, so when I do I like to pick ones that come highly recommended.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2014, 10:45:07 pm »
Still to cold for garage sales but did pick up some good buys online and local stores.

PS3
- The Witch and the Hundred Knight (Limited Edition with figure)

NDS
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
(thanks to stethebubble for pointing out this deal)

DC
- Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
It's been a long time sense I picked up a new Dreamcast game.

GB
- Metroid II (CIB)
- Super Mario Land 2 (CIB)
- Donkey Kong (box only)

NES
- Dragon Fighter
Only 5 games left to get (not counting holy grails) for a complete collection But cheapest one I'm missing sells for about $150  :-\

ColecoVision
- Pong / Computer Space
This is a limited edition homebrew by Collector Vision, really well made tribute to the Original arcades.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:56:47 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2014, 11:07:08 pm »
First off I bought
PSP- Tactics Orge: Let Us Cling Together
Wii- House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return (I let my dad borrow my copy and that was almost a year ago so...yeah)

and from a recent trade
Wii U-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
PSP- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
SNES- Secret of Evermore (everything but the box insted a UGC case)

I'm also currently talking to a friend to obtain his PS4

« Reply #385 on: March 29, 2014, 11:58:39 pm »

NDS
- Dragon Quest Mosters Joker 2
(thanks to stethebubble for pointing out this deal)

:) no problem
glad someone picked it up because i forgot it lol

soera

« Reply #386 on: March 30, 2014, 01:54:59 am »
Well, March has been an amazing month for my collection. First are the Skylanders. Got Spring time Trigger happy, Punk shock, Scratch, Nitro Freeze blade, Legendary Zoo Lou, Fryno, and 2 sealed Enchanted star Strike. Then got my Witch and the Hundred knight CE a week ago. Next are SMS NFR kiosk demos. Black belt, Choplifter, F-16 Fighting falcon, Fantasy zone, Gangster town, Great baseball, Great football, Rambo, Rocky, Shooting gallery, and World grand prix. Got Pandora's tower and all the pieces for the Last Story CE other than the game itself and the Sega Master System Encyclopedia from the convention today.

And then I picked up 3 of my most wanted items. From a purchase on Nintendo Age, I got a complete Messiah Generation Nex console. Next from a trade from a fellow member here was a CIB copy of James Buster Douglas for the SMS. And finally my white whale : Thanks to a drop shipping helpout from Anruiukimi, I have a complete in box Battle Road victory controller for the Wii and the matching JP game CIB.

I will try to get pics soon but atm Im a very happy collector!

anruiukimi

« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2014, 11:46:08 am »
I have that box set. I didn't know that version wasn't released separately.

I don't think it was, but I could be totally wrong. I bought might some ten years ago, so memory could certainly be way off. xD

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #388 on: March 30, 2014, 03:49:58 pm »
Couple cheapies:

Not counting that cartoony-looking Hobbit game, I now have all the LoTR games: Fellowship, Two Towers, Return of the King, and the Third Age.

and

Spyro: A Hero's Tail. Which I've heard is the only PS2/XBox/GCN era Spyro game worth getting. New Beginning looked TERRIBLE; Enter the Dragonfly looked fun on YouTube videos, but all the reviews said the controls and camera were horrible, which makes for an even worse combination if it's true.

And I picked up Def Leppard: Adrenalize, which completes my Def Leppard album collection! 8)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:52:31 pm by burningdoom »

madmax

« Reply #389 on: March 31, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »
Just came in the mail :D It's just a little wider than a normal case so it doesn't fit in any plastic protectors I've got :(