Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36442 times)

argyle

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2014, 03:36:32 am »
Wii
- Baroque (was $2)

That's a cool find right there, granted it's not the rarer Saturn or PSX version but still a nice find. And you can't beat that price.

Baroque is a PS2 / Wii game...   ???
The PS2 / Wii version is a remake of the PS1 / Saturn version.

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense then.  ;)  Was the PS1 version released in the US?  I'm not very familiar with most US Saturn games, but I thought I was pretty up on US PS1 games - especially RPGs.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2014, 06:13:06 am »
Wii
- Baroque (was $2)

That's a cool find right there, granted it's not the rarer Saturn or PSX version but still a nice find. And you can't beat that price.

Baroque is a PS2 / Wii game...   ???
The PS2 / Wii version is a remake of the PS1 / Saturn version.

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense then.  ;)  Was the PS1 version released in the US?  I'm not very familiar with most US Saturn games, but I thought I was pretty up on US PS1 games - especially RPGs.

It was originally only released in Japan on the PS1 and Saturn. In the US it was only released on PS2 and Wii
"Happy game hunting!!!"

scott

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:46 pm »
PS2
- Chulip

I was looking at this game. It seems really strange and a must have for some reason.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2014, 12:45:01 pm »
I'm slowly rebuilding my PS3 collection since picking another one up. In the past couple of days I picked up:

- Batman: Arkham City (beat it on the 360, and the Arkham Knight news had me wanting to play it again)

- God of War Collection (only ever beat II, and enjoyed it, not to mention it was only 8 bucks)

- God of War III (again, only beat II and it was only 8 bucks)

- Resident Evil 6 (beat it on the 360, loved every minute of it, wanted to play through it again. One of my favorite Resident Evils, next to 2 and 4)

- Silent Hill: Homecoming (first PS3 game I ever got, still haven't beat it, one of my all time favorite series)

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (I was going to wait on this, but had a 10 dollar of coupon and it was only 31 bucks used, so I spent 24 bucks with tax, which I thought was a solid deal)

- Tales of Xillia (didn't beat it when I had it last time, though I enjoyed what I had played quite a bit. Figured I would grab it again before it was harder to find)

- Valkyria Chronicles (gonna give this another chance, really didn't like it when I tried it years ago, but I always hear great things about it. I also really like the setting, art style, and love what music I have heard)

- Yakuza 3 and 4 (have always heard this was a good series, and finally picked them up, might get 1 and 2 if the HD versions ever come here that I heard released in japan)

argyle

« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2014, 03:59:17 pm »
Went over to the GS near my office at lunch & grabbed a few more PS2 games.  All were disk only, unfortunately, but I'm still happy with what I got for the price:

Resident Evil: Dead Aim
The Warriors (was really happy to find this one)
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Firefighter F.D. 18
MTV Music Generator 3 (was .50, so figured why not?)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

htimreimer

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2014, 04:13:51 pm »
i went to EB games and here is what i got

singularity for pc - 60 cents
transformers war for cybertron for pc -$1.02

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2014, 04:46:52 pm »
EB had some games for 49 and 99 cents so grabbed a bunch. Hot Shots golf was $13.49 but it's been on my wish list. The Wii game was $1.99 and the rest were in the aforementioned 49-99 cent range.

Probably use most of these as trade bait at the local game store. May keep the "eye move" games but the rest are all just "meh" to me and barely worth a buck each.

argyle

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2014, 04:54:18 pm »
Singularity is excellent if you've never played it before. 

Veilor

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2014, 05:28:08 pm »
Bought these two, both on an auctionsite.

foxhack

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2014, 05:53:25 pm »
i went to EB games and here is what i got

singularity for pc - 60 cents
transformers war for cybertron for pc -$1.02
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH I HATE YOU.

I've been trying to get those games but friggin Activision NEVER LOWERS THE PRICE ON STEAM!

Oh, I got two SNES cart sleeves for free today. :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:56:24 pm by foxhack »

« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2014, 05:56:09 pm »
EB had some games for 49 and 99 cents so grabbed a bunch. Hot Shots golf was $13.49 but it's been on my wish list. The Wii game was $1.99 and the rest were in the aforementioned 49-99 cent range.

Probably use most of these as trade bait at the local game store. May keep the "eye move" games but the rest are all just "meh" to me and barely worth a buck each.

I see hot shots on the PS store on sale pretty often. I picked it up a few years ago for 6 bucks, I think it was, with all the dlc.

Warmsignal

« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:08 pm »
Finaly... FINALLY broke down and bought Avalon Code for the DS on eBay. Wanted this game for basically since it came out. Annoyingly hard to find DS game, for sure.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:09:25 pm by Warmsignal »

spac316

« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2014, 08:29:58 pm »
I recently got Mario Superstar Baseball for Gamecube.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:31:29 pm by spac316 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2014, 09:35:49 pm »
I just got 2 (Count 'em 2) Super Nintendos in exchange for softmodding a Wii. I love people who think computers are magic.

« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2014, 10:40:32 pm »

Firefighter F.D. 18

This was a hard, hard game to find! It took me close to three years to find a copy and that is after looking at game stores, garage sales, flea markets and just about every place other than Ebay. Finally found it about a year ago for only $5. Ironically I found another copy at a game store about a month later for $10. Great find on that one :)