Author Topic: Games you cannot find  (Read 3812 times)

Re: Games you cannot find
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »
Contra 3, I'd prefer to get it complete, Contra is one of my favorite series. Only saw one once, at a local store, but a guy who just bought a snes was looking for some games and I recommended it to him... Haven't seen it since

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 03:20:42 pm »
there are actually a lot of games i have never seen in the wild but the ones that frustrate me the most are how i can't find any of the nes mega man games. like what the hell? i know some of the later ones and the first one is harder to find but id at least like to see 2 and 3 in person just once (so i can buy it...)

also dragon warrior 2-4. i want these so bad.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 03:27:10 pm »
there are actually a lot of games i have never seen in the wild but the ones that frustrate me the most are how i can't find any of the nes mega man games. like what the hell? i know some of the later ones and the first one is harder to find but id at least like to see 2 and 3 in person just once (so i can buy it...)

How long ago did you start collecting?  Up until the last couple of years, you could find all of them pretty easily. Now days, it's starting to seem like eBay is the only way to find 1,4-6.

anruiukimi

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 07:20:47 pm »

If you don't mind a lack of a box, I have a spare DWII kart that I'd be willing to part with pretty cheap. :P (I would need to make sure it saves, though. I got it some 10 years ago with a small lot of games, and have never touched it.)

Warmsignal

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 12:50:31 am »
There are tons of games I've never seen in person, but see all of the time online. Including about 80% of what I'd like to have and what most collectors own for PS1, most Saturn games in general, Cave Story 3D, plenty of DS games that I've seen online in collections but never actually seen, most PSP RPGs, Lost Kingdoms II for GameCube (a game truly lost to the sands of time), Stubs the Zombie for Xbox, Risen 2 for 360 I have seen a few times but held off, still want it and it keeps slipping away, no local GS can keep that one in stock for more than a few days.

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 03:46:45 am »

If you don't mind a lack of a box, I have a spare DWII kart that I'd be willing to part with pretty cheap. :P (I would need to make sure it saves, though. I got it some 10 years ago with a small lot of games, and have never touched it.)

If he doesnt want your DWII cart i would be interesting in seeing what kinda price you were looking for.

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 03:46:15 pm »

How long ago did you start collecting?  Up until the last couple of years, you could find all of them pretty easily. Now days, it's starting to seem like eBay is the only way to find 1,4-6.

unfortunately i didn't start collecting for nes till about a year or so ago.

im definitely interested, i get paid tuesday so id be down to buy it as soon as then. also if the battery was dead in it how hard would it be to replace it?

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 01:16:18 pm »
I'm starting to think a physical copy of Ys Origin is impossible to find. There's supposed to have been one released in Japan only but I'm really starting to doubt it ever existed by now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 01:21:50 pm »
Mega Man 2 & 3 are like the most common Mega Man games on the NES.

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 12:07:14 am »
Mega Man 2 & 3 are like the most common Mega Man games on the NES.

that's what i've heard. so frustrating i've never seen a copy in person. i actually saw mega man 4 today in a shop for 25 bucks with a torn label.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 03:57:22 am »
It's funny seeing all the things listed here that I have found several times over like the .hacks, suikoden 2, etc....  The hardest thing for me to find was a relatively cheap PS1 title called Ghost in the Shell....  It took me over 3 years to find a copy....  Keep in mind that I run a Video Game store and I go to other stores in the valley and swap meets every week....