Author Topic: Xlink Kai  (Read 1227 times)

brunauss

Xlink Kai
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:24:57 pm »
I noticed a few people speak about a thread for this one, most of the voices came via personal messages, most of the people over all just simply curious. does this really exist, does it really work and is it really free? The answer to all these questions is yes.

Welcome to Xlink Kai EVO VII. Simply put, its software that installs on you Windows PC or Intel Mac and tells it to behave just like a video game console server, using the Lan Link option imbedded in all online capable console games out there. Again this service is free and when you sign up, kindly take the time to fill out the game list. That way other registered users know what you got and thus organize online game sessions a lot faster that way. Now I leave the floor to the rest of you and here are two stater links to get your feet wet.

Cheers

Main Page:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Game Supported List ( they support just about every online capable PSP game made ):
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:26:34 pm by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Re: Xlink Kai
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 06:24:38 pm »
Hey Brunauss,

Was curious to know if you are part of the Xlink Team?  or are you just a very excited user? lol... either way, very cool.

thanks for starting a thread on this.... i hope it catches on with others on this site.    I myself haven't set it up yet...The setup seems a bit involved.... I think that might hold some users back, as it can be a little difficult to understand the setup process for certain systems. However, I'm sure if you sit down with it and really follow the guides closely, it's not that difficult :)

- Retromangia

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:24:44 pm »
hey guys,

if anyone out there is interested in getting a nice gamin session going.. i'd love to play some old xbox games on Xlink... here's some that stuck out to me.

Amped 2

Call of Duty 2 - Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Crash Tag Team Racing
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Doom 3
Forza Motorsport
GunGriffon: Allied Strike
Halo 2
Hot Wheels: Stunt Track Challenge
MechAssault
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
Midnight Club 2
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
Midtown Madness 3
Moto GP 3
MotoGP
MotoGP 2
MTX Mototrax
OutRun 2
Outrun 2006
Phantom Dust
Project Gotham Racing 2
RalliSport Challenge 2
SegaGT Online
TimeSplitters 2
TimeSplitters 3: Future Perfect
ToCA Race Driver 2
Toca Race Driver 3
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

let me know!

regards,

- retromangia
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:02:23 pm by retromangia »

brunauss

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 04:33:12 am »
Hey Brunauss,

Was curious to know if you are part of the Xlink Team?  or are you just a very excited user? lol... either way, very cool.

thanks for starting a thread on this.... i hope it catches on with others on this site.    I myself haven't set it up yet...The setup seems a bit involved.... I think that might hold some users back, as it can be a little difficult to understand the setup process for certain systems. However, I'm sure if you sit down with it and really follow the guides closely, it's not that difficult :)

- Retromangia

Not as yet a member of the Xlink Team, but have future interest in doing so. I think maybe a lot of my ideas and concepts, that helped Onlive get on its feet could work for the Xlink network as well. First will have to get familiar with it on the user end though.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 10:22:31 pm »
Brunauss,

I think what your doing is great. A guy like you with great knowledge of networking, plus an interest in retro games, could really help bring our community together here.

I mean honestly.. Xlink was MADE for collector's really... I mean who else owns and plays these really old games besides collectors? :)

I really think whats holding us back is an in-depth tutorial on how to set this thing up. I mean you have to connect your Xbox or PS2 to your PC first in order for this to work.

I've found a good video on Youtube, but there using Windows XP....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlyCBTpePPk

Brunauss, if you could make a nice detailed video using Windows 7, with a PS2 or xbox setup... that would be such a great way to bring users into the Xlink community!

thanks,
Retromangia

scott

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 12:40:52 am »
This is really neat. Too bad my PC is in a completely different room than my classic game systems. But man it would be cool to play some Halo 2 online MP again.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 11:47:41 am »
I've heard of people doing something like this with GameCube games. Phantasy Star, Mario Kart

brunauss

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 03:51:40 pm »
Thanx for the really receptive response Retro. Considering my main two projects is Cerberus and getting old Mac graphics workstations modified into quad processing super internet computers, I have enough no my plate at the moment *LOL* I have already emailed Xlink about the setup process and suggested they experiment with a smaller section of their network. Like the Gamecube network for example and try a modified server variation quite similar to the proprietary servers Google uses. Goggle isn't the only one that can build those things. Then if the experiment succeeds, begin the process of expanding and replacing. This in turn should streamline the process on the user end and not demand as much of them. Not everyone has access to a quad processing PowerMac with dual ethernet built in like I do.

Xlink hasn't put Phantasy Star on their list yet badAT. But they are working on it. Meanwhile Mario Kart Double Dash, as well as Kirby Air Ride and 1080 Avalanche, is already supported.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:53:12 pm by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer