Author Topic: One Piece Unlimited World: Red coming to PS3, 3DS, Wii U and Vita  (Read 1859 times)

argyle

This looks interesting.  From the brief description Siliconera gives it sounds like a Monster Hunter game set in the One Piece universe. 

One Piece Unlimited World: RED is a multiplayer action game that involves hunting and gathering, fighting large monsters, as well as rebuilding the town that serves as your base of operations.

Here's the official trailer:

And here's a link to the article about it:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/12/one-piece-unlimited-world-red-coming-europe-australia-3ds-wii-u-ps3-vita/

Also worth noting, the PS3 & 3DS versions will be the only physically released versions - the Wii U & Vita ones will be digital only. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

Re: One Piece Unlimited World: Red coming to PS3, 3DS, Wii U and Vita
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:52:37 am »
I cant tell if that trailer sold me on the game or not. It has that Ni no Kuni look which would totally grab me ... but then the first two things they mention you can do is catch bugs and go fishing. Not really anything Im interested in hah. The fighting scene doesnt look half bad though and the party members look really amusing. Glad to see the two physical forms of the game are on my 2 main systems atm so if I do decide to get it, Ill definitely be going that route.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 11:55:26 am »
Haven't watched the show much, on my list of things to do, but I do have the PS3 game, (pirate warriors...?), and I like that. I also keep my eye out for the Wii game that is kind of rare, and have only seen it once in Gamestop with severe water damage.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 11:59:10 am »
I've never seen & know nothing at all about the One-Piece story and/or universe  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 12:05:51 pm »
Haven't watched the show much, on my list of things to do, but I do have the PS3 game, (pirate warriors...?), and I like that. I also keep my eye out for the Wii game that is kind of rare, and have only seen it once in Gamestop with severe water damage.

I've seen the first few episodes of the show - what I watched was good, and my wife (who has seen much more of it than I have) is a big fan.  And I also enjoyed the PS3 game quite a bit.  Didn't know about the Wii game, but I've added it to my list of games to be on the lookout for. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Veilor

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »
ok that's it I'm getting a PS3 when this is released. I love One Piece. I've watched about 550 episodes of the anime and read a lot of the manga (a bit further than where I stopped watching the anime). I'd love to waste many hours of many nights on this.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 03:29:43 pm »
ok that's it I'm getting a PS3 when this is released. I love One Piece. I've watched about 550 episodes of the anime and read a lot of the manga (a bit further than where I stopped watching the anime). I'd love to waste many hours of many nights on this.

550 Episodes :-\

How many are there -and- how long has it been running?

Also/"Summary in a nutshell"...what's the story about?

Veilor

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »

550 Episodes :-\

How many are there -and- how long has it been running?

Also/"Summary in a nutshell"...what's the story about?

At the moment there's 635 episodes out there to watch & about 740 manga chapters. And the anime has been running for 14,5 years xD

As for the story, here's from myanimelist

Gol D. Roger was known as the Pirate King, the strongest and most infamous being to have sailed the Grand Line. The capture and death of Roger by the World Government brought a change throughout the world. His last words before his death revealed the location of the greatest treasure in the world, One Piece. It was this revelation that brought about the Grand Age of Pirates, men who dreamed of finding One Piece (which promises an unlimited amount of riches and fame), and quite possibly the most coveted of titles for the person who found it, the title of the Pirate King.

Enter Monkey D. Luffy, a 17-year-old boy that defies your standard definition of a pirate. Rather than the popular persona of a wicked, hardened, toothless pirate who ransacks villages for fun, Luffy’s reason for being a pirate is one of pure wonder; the thought of an exciting adventure and meeting new and intriguing people, along with finding One Piece, are his reasons of becoming a pirate. Following in the footsteps of his childhood hero, Luffy and his crew travel across the Grand Line, experiencing crazy adventures, unveiling dark mysteries and battling strong enemies, all in order to reach One Piece

Hard to say anything more, it's something you have to see. All I can say is that One Piece is a lot better than Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail or any other longer running anime out there IMO. There's no fanservice to be seen, hardly any fillers, if any they're actually GOOD (yes I'm looking at you Naruto..god those were horrible fillers) it follows the manga better than I've seen most other adaptations do. Also the comedy is awesome, you'll be laughing in almost every episode. So if you're asking me, One Piece is awesome and should be given a chance.

Oh and the big thing in One Piece is Devil Fruits that gives the person eating it a special power. But this you might already know.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 05:02:50 pm »
Thanks, Veilor!

You've certainly said & explained enough about One Piece to convince me that it's definitely got me curious + interested enough to at least give it a try  ;D

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 05:20:45 pm »
Thanks, Veilor!

You've certainly said & explained enough about One Piece to convince me that it's definitely got me curious + interested enough to at least give it a try  ;D

Zoro is what originally had me interested in the show.

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 05:34:49 pm »
I like One Piece so I might keep an eye out for this.  Kinda bummed it's digital only for the Wii U.  Probably will instead grab it for the PS3 so I can have a physical copy if I decide to buy the game.  I don't think it's gonna be quite Monster Hunter in that you are gonna free roam and fight big beasts, because that dragon is kind of an important fight from the show.  I could be wrong, but I'm interested.

Veilor

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 04:55:48 pm »
Thanks, Veilor!

Awesome :D Hope you like!