Author Topic: Class of Heroes 2G physical release  (Read 8863 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Class of Heroes 2G physical release
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2014, 10:01:58 am »
I had expected that this would be ready not too long after the month long purchase fest was going on. Thats been 3 months now? Sigh.

You're obviously not very familiar w/ Working Designs then - they took FOREVER to put anything out.  Heh, side-note, I actually won an auction on ebay several years back for some Japanese PS2 games and it turns out Vic - the main dude behind WD - was the seller.  Took him a solid month to get me the games after the auction ended.  ::)

Which games?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2014, 12:09:53 pm »
I had expected that this would be ready not too long after the month long purchase fest was going on. Thats been 3 months now? Sigh.

You're obviously not very familiar w/ Working Designs then - they took FOREVER to put anything out.  Heh, side-note, I actually won an auction on ebay several years back for some Japanese PS2 games and it turns out Vic - the main dude behind WD - was the seller.  Took him a solid month to get me the games after the auction ended.  ::)

Which games?

One of them was Devil May Cry.  Can't remember what the other was. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2014, 12:12:37 pm »
I've been lurking on their website once a week for a while now, and I hadn't seen an update yet. Good to finally know what's going on! Think we will get it by the end of November?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2014, 12:17:59 pm »
I've been lurking on their website once a week for a while now, and I hadn't seen an update yet. Good to finally know what's going on! Think we will get it by the end of November?

I would *guess* that we will...

desocietas

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2014, 01:35:11 pm »

Ha, yeah, I set an alert on the site for myself with a site monitor because I realized that they were posting updates there about their Kickstarter rewards rather than actually emailing folks who pledged for their KS  ::)

It's helpful to set up something like that for something that is infrequently updated...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2014, 03:07:36 pm »
Latest update:

10.13.14 UPDATE: Game is still in final Sony QA.  We've completed internal QA on this submitted version without problems.  Manual, packaging, holograms, etc are ready to go, so we're just waiting on approval for the code to make the discs. Keep your fingers crossed - we're almost there!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 03:10:17 pm »
Latest update:

10.13.14 UPDATE: Game is still in final Sony QA.  We've completed internal QA on this submitted version without problems.  Manual, packaging, holograms, etc are ready to go, so we're just waiting on approval for the code to make the discs. Keep your fingers crossed - we're almost there!
I was actually just thinking about this during lunch. Thanks for the update!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 03:48:57 pm »
Nice - here's hoping!
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2014, 09:26:19 am »
Cheer! Its getting closer.

desocietas

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2014, 05:35:05 pm »
Yet another update (at least they're communicating :) ):

10.17.14 UPDATE: The game passed Sony QA today! Next week we will get our manufacturing timeframe.  We can't wait for you to check this out (especially the dual-screen play!).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2014, 03:42:36 pm »
image looks pretty good!

After a few trials with the approval process that delayed us about six weeks, Class of Heroes 2G for PlayStation 3 is approved!  Manufacture of the manual and coversheet were greenlighted and are already underway.  All materials should be shipped off to Sony Disc Manufacturing early next week.  We're awaiting our slot for the disc pressing and package assembly.  The digital PSN release, which must go through its own QA once the physical is approved has been submitted and is in the approval process now.  In short, we're rushing headlong toward release at last!  It's the final countdown!

The picture below is of the coversheet as it came off the printing press to be checked for color accuracy.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »
image looks pretty good!

After a few trials with the approval process that delayed us about six weeks, Class of Heroes 2G for PlayStation 3 is approved!  Manufacture of the manual and coversheet were greenlighted and are already underway.  All materials should be shipped off to Sony Disc Manufacturing early next week.  We're awaiting our slot for the disc pressing and package assembly.  The digital PSN release, which must go through its own QA once the physical is approved has been submitted and is in the approval process now.  In short, we're rushing headlong toward release at last!  It's the final countdown!

The picture below is of the coversheet as it came off the printing press to be checked for color accuracy.

Wasn't it originally supposed to have a blue PS3 banner on the cover? What happened to those anyways? It seems like PS3 games only had the blue banner for a couple months before they went back to black. I'm assuming the blue was supposed to match with PS4 and Vita games, but it sure didn't last long. Mugen Souls Z, Drakengard 3, and Deception IV are a few that had the blue banner, if any of you are wondering what I'm talking about.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2014, 05:37:38 pm »
I hadn't even paid attention that they switched back to black. Maybe they realized it was confusing, since it made them look like PS4 games at first glance?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2014, 05:44:04 pm »
Anyone know when they changed the # on the bottom of the spine on the cases for PS3 games (aka the "region"(#)) from "1" to "All" for NA games? 

abe

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2014, 06:04:08 pm »
Anyone know when they changed the # on the bottom of the spine on the cases for PS3 games (aka the "region"(#)) from "1" to "All" for NA games?

I noticed that all the games I have from 2014 have the All on the spine, 2013 still had the 1 on the spine. I'm assuming it changed when 2014 came around, but I'm not 100% sure.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)