Author Topic: Point n' click suggestions  (Read 2359 times)

Point n' click suggestions
« on: December 21, 2011, 10:05:32 pm »
So Im really digging Rise of the Dragon for the sega CD and am looking for some other console point and click games.
I know I really want Snatcher but I just cant afford it right now so please dont suggest that.
Are there any other really awesome point and click games?
P.S. I do already own Secret of Monkey Island on Sega CD as well

desocietas

Re: Point n' click suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:43 pm »
I really enjoyed Broken Sword on the Playstation, but that easily be played on the PC...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 01:48:25 pm »
try one of these pc point and click games

the lost Crown: a ghost hunting adventure
nancy drew games from her Interactive
all three black mirror games
scratches

do not play theses

nancy drew secrets can kill 1998
dark fall games
barrow hill

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:12:08 pm »
Haha alright cool. Thanks guys for the suggestions by the way. I'll keep an eye out

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 05:34:31 pm »
Yeah, I can't think of many point and clicks that are only on console... usually they're a port from a PC game as far as I know.  I guess Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton *kinda* fall into those categories (with Layton more in puzzle territory, of course).  Same goes for 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.

Is there a certain kind of P&C you like? Myst-like? Find the object?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:56:50 am »
How about Flower, Sun, and Rain? It was released only in Japan for PS2 but recently got re-released on the DS and brought here.

One of those games that's really rewarding each time you get a puzzle. Some of them are very hard.

Another one that is sorta a point 'n click is Trace Memory...although it's a great story, it's pretty short.

Funny coincidence, I read this post right after my husband and I had our gift exchange. He got me Hardcoregaming101.net's book, "The Guide to Classic Graphic Adventures". I don't know if it's all PC but I can pass along anything I might find in there!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 10:54:03 am »
Ah, yes, @amauriel's reply reminded me of Hotel Dusk, also.  Excellent one.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 03:36:42 pm »
The Telltale-made Sam and Max seasons 1 through 3 are pretty good! Seasons 1 and 2 are on Wii and Xbox 360; Season 3 is on the PS3.

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 09:04:09 am »
@desocietas: I meant to mention that one and it slipped my mind. Also, if you aren't above importing games from Europe, there's a sequel to Hotel Dusk called Last Window: The Secret of Cape West that's really good and more Kyle Hyde. ;)

@foxhack: Seasons 1 and 2 of Sam and Max on the Wii are playable, but there definitely is a big difference between the frame rate on Wii and on PC. Same with Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People...if you've got access to play it on the PC, it's gonna be cheaper and run better. That being said, playing Telltale games in any way is better than not playing them at all.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 10:50:40 am »
Oh @kingrat101, I forgot to mention my favorite Sega CD game, which is The Adventures of Willy Beamish.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 01:55:46 pm »
There's also the game that got me into point and click adventures before I knew what they were: Shadowrun on the SNES. The game has action sequences - really bad ones at that - but most of the game is played by pointing and clicking on things to pick them up or interact with them, and talking to people with dialogue screens filled with questions. The story isn't half bad, either.

scott

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 02:45:36 pm »
Oh man i loved shadowrun on SNES
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 10:06:52 pm »
Oh Yeah! I've heard Shadowrun is awesome I'll have to check that out. And by the way is Willy Beamish worth getting? I know of a couple places around here that have a few copies but they're anywhere from $15 to $25, is it really worth that much?
Also I will also check out some of the downloadable games you guys mentioned probly on Wii because my computer is pretty terrible.
And by the way desocietas Im not much into the myst-type of point and click games, more of the find the object type. Thanks again

tpugmire

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 10:49:49 pm »
NES
Shadowgate
Deja Vu
The Uninvited
Maniac Mansion

If your pc is older, check out Full Throttle and The Dig.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 10:15:43 am »
Hm, Willy Beamish is good, but I think $25 is too much.  Looks like on eBay disc only is as low as $3.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas