Author Topic: The Wii U is a failure?  (Read 17251 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: The Wii U is a failure?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »
I have a Feeling this Thread was started just so someone could be a troll
Huh? Is that a personal attack on me, I don't believe I insulted you? :o

not an attack, just trends I've noticed

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 08:12:11 pm »
The dreamcast story probably ended something like that I imagine, the house is on fire but lets sit here hopefully it'll burn out lol. Out of the 3 consoles I would probably want to go with the Wii U if they didn't keep releasing the same tired franchises, and for children at that.

What kind of games would you like to see on the WiiU?

Nintendo makes Nintendo games. They are bought by Nintendo fans (read: people that like this type of game). Nintendo doesn't make Call of Duty, Gears of War, or Uncharted. It's a different product.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 08:12:38 pm »

Definitely.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 08:14:58 pm »
I still want a Wii U based on the Mario games alone: Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, and New Super Luigi U. Zombie U and NES Remix look cool. Looking forward to Hyrule Warriors and the upcoming Zelda game, too.

It's still a bit expensive, though. I know a price-drop has got to be coming soon, so I'm holding out.

Nintendo Refurbished units are $200 right now
https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=212209&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001

dreama1

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 08:23:00 pm »
The dreamcast story probably ended something like that I imagine, the house is on fire but lets sit here hopefully it'll burn out lol. Out of the 3 consoles I would probably want to go with the Wii U if they didn't keep releasing the same tired franchises, and for children at that.

What kind of games would you like to see on the WiiU?

Nintendo makes Nintendo games. They are bought by Nintendo fans (read: people that like this type of game). Nintendo doesn't make Call of Duty, Gears of War, or Uncharted. It's a different product.
Strange they begged for call of duty practically on the system. I'm sorry but i'm going to be honest about it as I hold no bias for any system, and due to the Wii U failing on the market it's probably time to start asking questions, and what could be done to improve the situation, as the audience for the nintendo are fleeing right left and center after the Wii this is a fact. They need to take the example of what the 3DS is doing, and get the games out there. If they ported 3ds games to the Wii U that would be a good start such as the Atlus games, shin megami, fire emblem etc..  A price cut without the controller included, and get a hold of more exclusives such as shenmue, and localise the dragon warrior game. Get the pokemon franchise out of the damn system aswell.

Relying on the same old tired franchises is not enough. They need new ips that's the only thing that will turn things around, and more mature games, and it couldn't do them harm repairing there 3rd party support. A system lives and dies by it's 3rd party support.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:26:02 pm by dreama1 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 08:29:47 pm »
Yeah, this thread exists on many forums across the internet. The Wii U, a failure?!? Not really. I'm not ready to jump to any conclusions. The Vita, neither. They both have great potential. Developers could do really cool things with the U pad, and the Vita too, but they're either too lazy or too broke to do them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:31:45 pm by Warmsignal »

dreama1

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 08:37:53 pm »

Ahh sorry.. I thought we had free speech. So negative none bias criticism of a company somehow gives you the right to insult someone who doesn't hold the same opinion as yourself? I just call it how I see it if giving an opinion backed by reason, and facts means trolling. And that offends you then why don't you go suck your thumb in a corner something if your going to attack me.  I don't believe i've been disrespectful to you. :-\

Definitely.

dreama1

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 08:39:37 pm »
Yeah, this thread exists on many forums across the internet. The Wii U, a failure?!? Not really. I'm not ready to jump to any conclusions. The Vita, neither. They both have great potential. Developers could do really cool things with the U pad, and the Vita too, but they're either too lazy or too broke to do them.
I really think the vita is bouncing back the playstation 4 is really helping it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 08:42:32 pm »
Yeah, they wanted Call of Duty on the system. They'd be stupid not to. It sells a lot of games.
I said Nintendo MAKES Nintendo games. 

I'm not entirely sure porting 3DS games on a home console is the answer. Publishers can get away with a less expensive game on a portable. People don't expect as big a game in a handheld. That's one reason so many more small publishers put games out on the 3DS.  You can't do that on a full-sized console.

I don't think Nintendo fans are fleeing either. They lost a lot of them a long time ago. The Wii was a gimmick. A lot of grandmas bought a Wii solely for Wii Sports. That same audience isn't there this time. I fell off as Nintendo being my #1 console with the GameCube. I was an XBox fella. They lose fans as the fans mature and get "too big for kiddie games". Well, I grew up to realize a good game is a good game. It doesn't matter if it's bright and colorful or dark and gritty.

Warmsignal

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 08:47:07 pm »

Ahh sorry.. I thought we had free speech. So negative none bias criticism of a company somehow gives you the right to insult someone who doesn't hold the same opinion as yourself? I just call it how I see it if giving an opinion backed by reason, and facts means trolling. And that offends you then why don't you go suck your thumb in a corner something if your going to attack me.  I don't believe i've been disrespectful to you. :-\

Definitely.

Basically threads like this exist to kick things while they're down, and zero in on negativity. The Wii U's situation has not gone unnoticed by anyone. In the end, they are a hardheaded company and they will do what they want to do, not what people scream for them to do. Some people already enjoy the console, and given the sales and games it has, it's past reasonable to still be knocking it.

Those screaming "I'm sick of Mario, I'm tired Zelda, I'm too grown up for these kiddy IPs", well, why even talk about the Wii U then? Go play Xbox or something else. What, do we need another platform that has Battlefield and Grand Theft Auto on it? Are we short on those?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 08:55:35 pm »

Definitely.

...wut?

dreama1

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 09:12:54 pm »
Yeah, they wanted Call of Duty on the system. They'd be stupid not to. It sells a lot of games.
I said Nintendo MAKES Nintendo games. 

I'm not entirely sure porting 3DS games on a home console is the answer. Publishers can get away with a less expensive game on a portable. People don't expect as big a game in a handheld. That's one reason so many more small publishers put games out on the 3DS.  You can't do that on a full-sized console.

I don't think Nintendo fans are fleeing either. They lost a lot of them a long time ago. The Wii was a gimmick. A lot of grandmas bought a Wii solely for Wii Sports. That same audience isn't there this time. I fell off as Nintendo being my #1 console with the GameCube. I was an XBox fella. They lose fans as the fans mature and get "too big for kiddie games". Well, I grew up to realize a good game is a good game. It doesn't matter if it's bright and colorful or dark and gritty.
Well i'm not saying a half assed 3ds port they should upgrade them to take full advantage of the controller. There are plenty of games that would be at home on the wii u. Just look at the playstation 3 the nis america games, or aksys games. Games that should be at home on a portable but are still on the console either way. They should be working to bridge that gap by now anyway like the vita is doing remote play.

The 3ds should not be fighting the Wii U it should be working together in harmony with it. They will release super smash bros on the 3ds and wii u that's the right idea but it's far far to little. There on good terms with sega, and sega own atlus so they should make it happen, and start bulking up there library so they have a unique game library to have legs stand on people will shut up wii u bashing when a wii u owner can proudly say well I have shenmue 3, and X. Another thing they should also pay out of the ass for shenmue 3 I know that will turn things around in less than a week. Because right now nintendo are sitting there quelity dying, and so is the fanbase. As there either to stupid or blind to see it or there not going to have any nintendo console to play in the next decade sadly.

dreama1

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 09:16:47 pm »

Definitely.

...wut?
yeah wut?  ??? Please if you have nothing to add to the topic please leave.   :)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 09:23:48 pm »
Please if you have nothing to add to the topic please leave.   :)

dreama1

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:13 pm »
Please if you have nothing to add to the topic please leave.   :)
Haha funny guy comparing multi electronic gaint sony to little nintendo in fiscal years is amusing I must say, but holds no relevance. Gamecube isn't even a failure per say, nor the n64, but compared to nes, and snes it's a disaster. So do you have like your own opinion to add or just that regurgitated stuff by some cool guy in shades.  8)