Author Topic: Where did your profile picture come from, and why did you choose it?  (Read 10103 times)

spac316

Re: Where did your profile picture come from, and why did you choose it?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 10:17:57 pm »
Mines just a logo I used for years. Had it since high school! I have many variations of it and this is one of those.

abe

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 08:39:07 pm »
Mine is currently Fujioka Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club. For a while it was Ryotaro Dojima from Hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic, which I had read since I finally got around to getting and playing through Persona 4 Golden.

*aaaaand now it's Teddy from Persona 4
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:21:17 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 02:57:05 pm »
My pic is of the SVA 100M Warlock Mk.I from the CPS2 arcade called Armored Warriors, a beat-em-up with mechs that had very limited distribution in the U.S compared to other regions in terms of arcade game copies. I choose it cuz his character sprite stood to me from all of the other bosses in the game,(which is saying something as everything has huge sprites in the game). In addition, his music theme from the first battle is the best out of the three times you battle him throughout the game, and he also appears in cyberbots:full metal madness as the most powerful fighter in the entire game and runs a pure power moveset that works differently than the other characters. So I think he's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:41:37 pm by maximo310 »

kevininja

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 08:45:33 am »
Something I created in Photoshop while I had nothing to do in class   ;D

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 12:26:36 pm »
we were all playing earthworm jim.

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »
Mine is from a game prototype that I've developed some years ago at the uni. Never hat the time to finish it, but that damn "demon" enemy sprite always hunts me in the forums across the www ;D

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »
Mine is from Space Invaders!!!

Thanks!
Juan M. - Naicigam

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2014, 05:32:01 pm »
Mine is a literal depiction of my user name. It's a close up of a little Toronto Maple Leafs teddy bear with his arm around an Atari heavy sixer

oblo

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2014, 04:15:41 pm »
It's Reanbell (Leanne) from Resonance of Fate, it's been my avatar on Neogaf ever since I was playing that game (when everyone else was playing FFXIII and complaining about it, it was the month I got Yakuza 3 & Resonance, one of my best months in gaming ever) so I just adapted it for this site. I actually took a photograph of my TV screen back then to get her with my own in-game customization, loved how she was part of the cast of Projext X Zone... Would love a sequel to Resonance even more.

Also, hello! Kinda new to this site, first post on the forums. Had to add & edit a lot of titles to get my physical collection (not sure if I'll ever start on the digital part of it) on here, but I do like the result quite a bit.

BACK TO ADVENTURE!

davifus

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2014, 04:35:19 pm »
P4 teddie... uhh a spur of the moment pick. Might change later who knows
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »
Mine's pretty obvious. I use the name and avatar because I wander and I break things.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:15 am »
It's Reanbell (Leanne) from Resonance of Fate, it's been my avatar on Neogaf ever since I was playing that game (when everyone else was playing FFXIII and complaining about it, it was the month I got Yakuza 3 & Resonance, one of my best months in gaming ever) so I just adapted it for this site. I actually took a photograph of my TV screen back then to get her with my own in-game customization, loved how she was part of the cast of Projext X Zone... Would love a sequel to Resonance even more.

Also, hello! Kinda new to this site, first post on the forums. Had to add & edit a lot of titles to get my physical collection (not sure if I'll ever start on the digital part of it) on here, but I do like the result quite a bit.

Hey there!

Welcome to VGC  ;D

If you want to say 'Hi' to much more of our community AND be warned about who to absolutely avoid any interactions with...we do have a very blandly & generically titled thread called the "Intro" thread where you can do so   ;)

Also, RoF + Valkyria Chronicles are 2 PS3 games in my backlog that I still fully intend to play!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:36 am »

Hey, Welcome to VGC.

and Yeah, absolutely avoid disgaeniac ::).
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2014, 11:54:01 am »

Hey, Welcome to VGC.

and Yeah, absolutely avoid disgaeniac ::).

:-[
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »

Welcome to the site, and nice pic!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas