Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 233572 times)

soera

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1170 on: August 02, 2016, 01:19:16 am »
At least we're getting Ni no Kuni 2....

Wish there was some more news about it. It was announced ... then silence ever since. Im dieing over here.

azure

« Reply #1171 on: August 02, 2016, 10:57:20 am »
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/02/nosferatu-zodd-playable-koei-tecmos-upcoming-berserk-game/

Zodd will be playable in the upcoming Berserk game. I hope we get Skull Knight as well.

argyle

« Reply #1172 on: August 02, 2016, 05:42:04 pm »
Not much of an update at all this week. Amazon posted 3 release dates that I added, but that's pretty much it besides a couple of new cover artworks.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #1173 on: August 05, 2016, 01:17:46 pm »
Sweet! Sooo many games... World of FF has a storybook edition, I believe, if anything :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

necrosexual

« Reply #1174 on: August 10, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »
man oh man i need to put down some cash for some of these.

summon nights is a series i've never played... what's it like?

Will Fantasy Life 2 really just be a mobile game? With how much people liked it, I was hoping for another physical release.

More Layton is always good. I tuned in for a bit of the conference but so much of it was about toys and jewelry that I tuned back out.

you have no idea how upset i am over fantasy life 2 being mobile only, jfc.
the first game was great but there were so many ways to improve it, basically, it was a good 'start off' but the sequel had so much to build upon too.
and then... and then...
then...

mobile only.

sigh.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

kashell

« Reply #1175 on: August 10, 2016, 02:27:20 pm »
The traditional Summon Night games are strategy RPGs. They usually revolve around you picking a character, answering a series of questions, and then earning a Familiar/Guardian Beast based on your answers. As far SRPGs go, they're rather basic but they usually feature intermissions where you really get to know the characters.

Swordcraft Story and Swordcraft Story 2 follow the same formula, except they're action RPGs. At a glance, they look similar to Tales of Phantasia but they play more like Bad Dudes or Double Dragon.

Twin Age is an action RPG that is touch-only. There are no Familiars that join you. Instead, it's more of a traditional RPG in that story-focused characters join the main character. It hardly feels like a Summon Night game, but there are some fun moments.

argyle

« Reply #1176 on: August 12, 2016, 11:28:41 am »
A little late this week, but updated! ;)

Thanks for pointing out the WoFF CE desocietas. I dunno how I missed that - I've had it preordered since it was announced.

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #1177 on: August 12, 2016, 01:24:13 pm »
No shame necessary! Happy that the list exists - I learn about so many new games because of this thread :D
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #1178 on: August 15, 2016, 10:26:46 am »
Welp, the ffxv delay was confirmed. I don't mind - more time to play other games...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1179 on: August 15, 2016, 11:29:41 am »
I'm not thrilled about it TBH. That puts it a week before The Fractured But Whole, and while I'm more excited to play FFXV I have really been looking forward to them both. Oh well, that's how it goes I suppose.

Now I just want a date for SAO: Hollow Realizations. At this point I kinda hope it gets bumped to next year.

soera

« Reply #1180 on: August 15, 2016, 02:56:47 pm »
Welp, the ffxv delay was confirmed. I don't mind - more time to play other games...

I don't mind either. It was going to come out right between dq vii and builders. Now I can finish both before xv hits.

argyle

« Reply #1181 on: August 16, 2016, 06:10:17 pm »
One (sad) release date update & one new game announcement is all there is for this week! 

argyle

« Reply #1182 on: August 24, 2016, 02:57:45 pm »
Mainly new special edition & physical release announcements this week, but those are always welcome right? :)

The highlight for most ppl here is probably the Hatsune Miku VR game announcement. But I'd like to draw everyone's attention to the limited physical releases of both Rez: Infinite and Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics. Don't miss out if you're interested! :D

desocietas

« Reply #1183 on: August 25, 2016, 01:32:26 pm »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #1184 on: August 25, 2016, 08:04:59 pm »
Wasn't sure where to post this, I remember a few users having a discussion about this at ZTD's release. I figured most of the users waiting on their watch would also frequent this thread.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/25/zero-time-dilemma-pre-order-bonus-watches-will-arrive-retailers-soon/

We will be receiving our pre-order watches soon for those who have been waiting like me.