Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 40008 times)

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2014, 08:47:37 pm »
Japan had quite a few different Cube colors. Spice, Indigo, Jet(Black), Silver(Platinum), Pearl White (bundle), Starlight Gold (bundle?*), Symphonic Green (bundle), Mobile Suit Gundam (bundle), Hanshin Tigers (bundle), Panasonic Q (third party). There were also a few bundle editions that just changed the face-plate that aren't worth mentioning.

There was also Game Boy Player color variations, as you can see. In the states we just got black and I think PAL got Indigo as well if I'm not mistaken. In addition to Black and Indigo, there was also Spice, Silver, Gundam (bundle), Symphonic Green (bundle), and a special one for the Panasonic Q.

I installed my own region switch on the Spice cube so now it's my main.  8)
youtube.com/watch?v=FlKMq3xHzwc
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:06:41 pm by badATchaos »

karyann

« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2014, 08:55:08 pm »
I really want that spice GC. I already have black/indigo/silver and want some more. :D GC is my favorite Nintendo system.

Good to see someone else like the Gamecube! I love it too, but it somehow seems to get a lot of hate when compared to PS2 and Xbox.

As for my finds, I got all this stuff for $46! The PS2 has the broadband adapter, so it's even more worth the deal. I'm not entirely sure about what the grey cables are though, but I got 2 more spare PS2 AV cables! And the weird controller with a keyboard on it is a Nyko ITYPE2. Seems like it's worth more than $2 like I originally thought it would.

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2014, 09:03:28 pm »
Did some shopping today:
Mario Paint w/ mouse
Viewtiful Joe
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

And on an non-gaming note, I picked up this sci-fi "classics" pack at Kmart. Seven dollars for 50 incredibly bad awesome movies. With such gems as Gamera the Invincible, Hercules Against the Moon Men, Horrors of Spider Island, Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women, and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

argyle

« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2014, 09:08:54 pm »
I'm not entirely sure about what the grey cables are though, but I got 2 more spare PS2 AV cables!

The red/white is a RCA stereo audio cable, and the red/blue/green one is a component video cable.  Both for a TV or stereo receiver, not the PS2 (or any other console).  :)

I picked up a couple of loose DS games today - Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble and Lock's Quest.  Also, I just got a call that made me very happy - I got the guys at my local GS to try to get a store about 80 miles away to transfer their copy of Arc Rise Fantasia for the Wii over.  According to my guy they didn't seem happy about it but he got them to do it.  A girl just called from the store to let me know it had gotten here and I asked her if it was complete by chance - she said it was, original case & manual and she said the disk just looks like it has a little dust on it.  Yay!  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »
Okay I've been slacking on this

Wii U
Mario Kart 8

PS3
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

I've been out to one garage sale in the past few weeks but I found something really good there for $5 total
Sega Genesis Model 1
Sega CD Model 2 with Model 1 adapter (no AC Plug but wouldn't pass it up for this price)
Sonic the Hedgehog CIB
X-men CIB
Madden '94 LE CIB
Sewer Shark (Disc and Manual
Mortal Kombat (Disc and Casew/ Artwork)
1 1st Party controller
1 3rd pary Controller\

oh and a black Wii Motion Plus contoller for $5 at my local Thrift store

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2014, 09:55:13 pm »
Realized I hadn't posted on here in a while, probably because I haven't added too much to the collection recently. Did upgrade my RE5 wit the RE5-Gold Edition tonight. It was $5 so I thought why not lol. I have a birthday next week and can't wait to post my presents (lots of Dreamcast games and SHMUPS on my wish list), can't wait!!!

abe

« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »
I really want that spice GC. I already have black/indigo/silver and want some more. :D GC is my favorite Nintendo system.

Good to see someone else like the Gamecube! I love it too, but it somehow seems to get a lot of hate when compared to PS2 and Xbox.

As for my finds, I got all this stuff for $46! The PS2 has the broadband adapter, so it's even more worth the deal. I'm not entirely sure about what the grey cables are though, but I got 2 more spare PS2 AV cables! And the weird controller with a keyboard on it is a Nyko ITYPE2. Seems like it's worth more than $2 like I originally thought it would.

Oh hey, I have a set of those Pokemon playing cards. Those are pretty old. :P
The GameCube gets way more hate than it deserves. If it weren't for the SNES, the Gamecube would be my favorite Nintendo console. Aside from having a pretty good library, the GameCube is also a pretty well-designed console. It's nice and compact, the Gameboy Player is an amazing add-on, and the carry handle on the back is awesome. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2014, 11:08:25 pm »
This is why I love these forums. GC fans unite! If it had come out a generation earlier, it could have made a strong running against the PS1.

And yeah, JP had an awesome collection of different Cubes. Ive seen a CIB Symphonia set but it was super expensive. I really wanted it though.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2014, 12:03:20 am »
Got the game cube for all the resident evil games.

karyann

« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2014, 08:51:21 am »
I'm not entirely sure about what the grey cables are though, but I got 2 more spare PS2 AV cables!

The red/white is a RCA stereo audio cable, and the red/blue/green one is a component video cable.  Both for a TV or stereo receiver, not the PS2 (or any other console).  :)

Ah, I guessed right on the component cable! Thanks much :) I don't know what I'll do with these yet though  ???

Oh hey, I have a set of those Pokemon playing cards. Those are pretty old. :P
The GameCube gets way more hate than it deserves. If it weren't for the SNES, the Gamecube would be my favorite Nintendo console. Aside from having a pretty good library, the GameCube is also a pretty well-designed console. It's nice and compact, the Gameboy Player is an amazing add-on, and the carry handle on the back is awesome. :D

Yeah they are! I had them too when I was younger, but I think my mother gave them or threw them away. I only had one of the card left, now I almost have the set (it's missing 5 cards, but for 50 cents I took it for the nostalgia factor! )

argyle

« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2014, 08:55:56 am »

Ah, I guessed right on the component cable! Thanks much :) I don't know what I'll do with these yet though  ???

Just pack 'em away, you never know when you'll need a random cable!  :D 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

blipcs76

« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2014, 09:50:22 am »
Another week and the garage sales were a bust again.  I probably hit about 40 sales this weekend and only picked up Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (GC) and 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3, even though I still don't have one :D )  I found a few sales that had Wii and PS2 games, but nothing but bland military shooters, minigames and sports titles.  And they were all overpriced.  Hopefully next weekend I find some goodies and can come back here to celebrate rather than mope.

Though I did manage to get a couple of goodies.  Iron Man 3, still sealed, on blu-ray for a buck.  I also got two CD towers for free that match one I already have, which is perfect for storing NES carts in.  Now all my NES games can be displayed together.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:52:08 am by blipcs76 »

foxhack

« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2014, 04:04:18 pm »
One of the vendors today had TONS of PC games for two bucks each. Unfortunately most of them were racing games (a genre I suck at) or games I already owned. I did pick up a copy of Flight Simulator X's Expansion Pack to complete a set to list on eBay shortly, and I also picked up some other stuff:

* Nirvana - I wasn't gonna pick this DVD up, but a guy read the back and told me I should buy it. It says "A must-see fans of Grand Theft Auto and The Sims!" Apparently it's a video game gone crazy or something. I have a bunch of movies with that same premise, so why not? - $1
* Fist of Fury - yeah I know it's not a game related item. But it has a commentary track with Robin Shou, who played Liu Kang in the first Mortal Kombat movie. - $1
* Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (Taiwan VCD) - Another item for my weird collection pile! This is apparently a legitimate (well as legit as a Hong Kong release can be) VCD release of the movie, I found this with lots of other movies from the same era. - $1

And not quite gaming related, I picked up an ATI TV Wonder USB HD 650 Dual Tuner card for ten bucks. The box is beat up but the contents are mint. Apparently it's a pretty good capture device, and it claims it can capture in MPEG2, MPEG4, and H264. Hope it doesn't suck.

I also grabbed a SNES A/V cable for two dollars.

« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2014, 02:51:54 pm »

Got all this for $35 today.

soera

« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2014, 03:06:13 pm »
I ... am the man ... in the box.