Author Topic: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 39984 times)

theflea

Re: June 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2014, 05:17:06 am »
Another funny story was on something I didn't buy.
Walked into a sale and saw a Sega Game Gear in a carrying case with 4 games (nothing great in games) and a car charger for $20. I asked if it worked and she said it did, I said these systems have issues, many the screens go bad with age and I didn't want to risk $20 on it. So she said She'd go $15 but couldn't go any less. So I asked can I test it, she didn't have batteries so I asked if I can give her $15 and I'll go test it in my car with it's car charger and if it didn't I get my money back. She wouldn't and then said she'd call her son who used it to prove it worked. so Her son said it worked great ten years ago when he last used it. I'm thinking this proves nothing. Then her son tells her not to sell it under $20 so the price went back to $20. "sigh" at this point i said sorry I cant buy a Game Gear over $10 with out seeing if it worked. So I go home, pick up my Game Gear Adapter (which i test in another GG to make sure it worked) go back to the sale and ask her to plug it in, with some attitude she does and I turn it on and it's deader then a doornail. Doesn't even light up at all. When I told her it was dead she acted like I was lying and still insisted it worked and wanted $20 for it. lol
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:18:41 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2014, 05:34:40 am »
Another funny story was on something I didn't buy.
Walked into a sale and saw a Sega Game Gear in a carrying case with 4 games (nothing great in games) and a car charger for $20. I asked if it worked and she said it did, I said these systems have issues, many the screens go bad with age and I didn't want to risk $20 on it. So she said She'd go $15 but couldn't go any less. So I asked can I test it, she didn't have batteries so I asked if I can give her $15 and I'll go test it in my car with it's car charger and if it didn't I get my money back. She wouldn't and then said she'd call her son who used it to prove it worked. so Her son said it worked great ten years ago when he last used it. I'm thinking this proves nothing. Then her son tells her not to sell it under $20 so the price went back to $20. "sigh" at this point i said sorry I cant buy a Game Gear over $10 with out seeing if it worked. So I go home, pick up my Game Gear Adapter (which i test in another GG to make sure it worked) go back to the sale and ask her to plug it in, with some attitude she does and I turn it on and it's deader then a doornail. Doesn't even light up at all. When I told her it was dead she acted like I was lying and still insisted it worked and wanted $20 for it. lol

Yeah Game Gears have not aged well. Pulled my original game boy out of the garage a month ago and the game boy and it's (external grenade like) battery still work!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2014, 08:46:05 am »
I'm usually the #1 flea supporter. He's a good example of what lots of time spent will get you, but now I'm changing my tune.  There is no way a person can have this many good finds with luck alone.  Theflea is obviously a witch.  :P

Good finds brother.

soera

« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2014, 09:15:09 am »
Ive been hoping to find a copy of Earthbound for months. Now I know why Im not getting any. :(

karyann

« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2014, 09:51:02 am »
Whoa that's a crazy lot of stuff! I love reading your garage sale stories, please don't stop posting them  ;D

« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2014, 11:17:26 am »
After I see what games where there I asked how much, she said $30 okay? and I was happy to give her the money and I left there with a grin on my face. Here's the games.  ;D
- Aaahhh! Real Monsters
- Lagoon
- Super Mario All-Stars
- Final Fantasy Mystical Quest
- Donkey Kong Country
- Donkey Kong Country 2
- Final Fantasy II  ;D
- Super Mario RPG  ;D ;D
- Super Metroid  ;D ;D
and last the game I can't believe I found AGAIN!!!
- EARTHBOUND  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Damn.... Nice find. Guess it was worth the trip after all.

jcalder8

« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2014, 11:37:10 am »
  Theflea is obviously a witch.  :P
He turned me into a newt!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2014, 12:13:00 pm »
We need a forum thread called "theflea's fireside chats" :) alternately we could do them dramatized as a podcast in the style of the old radio shows.

bobster

« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2014, 12:42:01 pm »
Joined the Wii U club tonight about bought a Windwaker HD Bundle as well as Mario Kart 8 :D!!! Now if I can just get through the massive system update I can start playing this awesome console :p
Welcome to the club! Mario Kart 8 is some sweet stuff. You'll have to post your friend code when you get all set up :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

90snostalga

« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2014, 12:55:45 pm »
Joined the Wii U club tonight about bought a Windwaker HD Bundle as well as Mario Kart 8 :D!!! Now if I can just get through the massive system update I can start playing this awesome console :p
Welcome to the club! Mario Kart 8 is some sweet stuff. You'll have to post your friend code when you get all set up :D

I got to get some new internet so I can play you guys on there  :(  I dont have wireless net

bobster

« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2014, 01:08:56 pm »

I got to get some new internet so I can play you guys on there  :(  I dont have wireless net
I'm usually not for online play of games, but I can definitely see myself playing this online. Normally I'd say you're not missing much so I understand not having wireless.

theflea

« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »
And now a fireside chat with TheFlea.

Well after I conjured a few spells and sacrificed a virgin (they are getting harder and harder to find nowadays)  :P
I went out hitting some sales,  first I found some NDS stuff. paid $29 for all of it.
A Nintendo DS Lite (Cobolt Blue) with charger. (looks like screen was fixed at one time, but it works great)
- Bolt
- Lego Rock Band
- Power Rangers: Super Legends
- ATV Thunder Ridge Riders / Monster Trucks Mayhem
- Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood
- Ghostbusters
- Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
- Plants vs. Zombies

Next found a PS3 game for $7.
- Little Big Planet Karting (sealed)

Next picked up 2 Wii games for $2 each.
- Celebrity Sports Showdown
- Boom Blox

Next stopped at a sale and when I asked about video games, she said ya I think I have something...
She brought out two bags, one was XB360 games, all sports and she wanted $5 a piece, I passed.
Then the second bag was full of PS2 controllers nothing special then I saw at the bottom of this bag a N64 game. I asked how much and was told $2 and sold.
- Mario Party

And last I stopped at a sale and when I asked about video games she said her son had a bunch of them he doesn't play anymore. I asked If I could see them and she brought a bunch of SNES games IN THEIR BOXES!!! I tried to get her to sell them but she said they where her son's and she couldn't sell them til she asked him first, she tried to call him but he wouldn't answer his phone. She told me to come back in an hour, he should be home by then. So I hit other sales and got a bite to eat and came back. (in the nick of time I might add) Her son was there but was in a hurry to get to a baseball game. At first he was telling me to give him my number and he'll call me, He didn't want to sell some of them. but I told him I lived far (not lying it was a tad far from home) and I made an offer of $30 for 4 games, he said $35 and I said okay but before I paid I asked If he would take $10 for just the boxes of the games I wasn't buying And he said sure and I was so happy to get these.
- Beethoven (CIB)
- The Lost Vikings (CIB)  :D
- Super Double Dragon (CIB)  ;D
- Joe & Mac 2 (CIB)  ;D ;D
- NHLPA Hockey (Box & Manual)
- Super Play Action Football (Box & Manual)
- Spider-Man & X-Men (Box & Manual)
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Box & Manual)  ;D
- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Box & Manual)  ;D
- Super Mario World (manual)
- The Lion King (Manual)

The voodoo magic and turning Jcalder8 to a newt worked!!  8)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:06:17 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

bobster

« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2014, 03:05:57 pm »
I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous Theflea! But if nothing else, I just wish we had more super nintendo stuff in my area. It appears everyone was a fan of Sega in NEPA  :'(

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2014, 03:22:32 pm »
So help me God flea if you'd said you found Earthbound again for $1... :)

Super Double Dragon was a good pickup!

pacpix

« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2014, 05:21:31 pm »
So help me God flea if you'd said you found Earthbound again for $1... :)
Give him a week and he will find one for 50 cents!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)