Author Topic: E3 Thread!  (Read 10156 times)

E3 Thread!
« on: June 09, 2014, 02:54:59 pm »
Not gonna hit on everything here, so lets just post what interests you as it all comes out.

I will commend Xbox this year for a purely game driven show.  They said it was games and it was.  No pushing kinect or tv, no sports, just gaming.  Overall, alot of multi-system stuff, but the exclusives that stood out was Sunset Overdrive which looks like Jet Set Radio had a baby with Dead Rising.  Crackdown 3 I'm interested for the potential as the first game was a lot of fun, 2 was balls, so hopefully they handle it better, especially since they have to be better than Saints Row 4 which was like a spiritual successor practically lol And then Scalebound by Platinum games could be interesting, will depend on actual gameplay, but the trailer makes it to be your some modern guy with headphones that fights with sword and magic, utilizing dragons to fight increasingly larger giant monsters.  So How To Train Your Dragon, but badass I guess lol

That's just the start so far.  EA up next.  Hoping for Battlefront footage with this one.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:57:39 pm by kamikazekeeg »

argyle

Re: E3 Thread!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 06:10:54 pm »
That Farcry 4 opening cutscene was amazing.  I'm very interested in seeing where the story goes in this one!  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:30:25 pm »
That Farcry 4 opening cutscene was amazing.  I'm very interested in seeing where the story goes in this one!  :)

Yeah he seems like another memorable villain for sure.  A bit of class and a bit of crazy lol I was really wanting to see more on that game and it just happened to be the first thing they showed lol

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »
Call me crazy, but the one game that has me way more excited then anything else so far is the next Tomb Raider. What an awesome trailer :D

karyann

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 08:57:48 pm »
The only thing that got me interested during MS's conference was Ori and the Blind Forest, and they didn't even talk about it after a 45 seconds trailer  :( Can't wait to see Sony in 3 minutes though!

abe

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 09:43:28 pm »
Little Big Planet 3 looks pretty awesome, it's nice to see the addition of new characters instead of just more of the same stuff from the previous games. That white PS4 is pretty sexy looking too.  :D Actually, I'm liking most of Sony's conference.
Also, is the Playstation TV we're getting the same as the Playstation Vita TV Japan got?  ???
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:23:11 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:07:29 pm »
I officially hate PS4/Vita owners because you jerks are getting Grim Fandango.

YOU DON'T DESERVE OUR AWESOME PC GAMES, CONSOLE PEASANTS.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:01 pm »
I've been watching stuff all day. Battlefront is the only thing to make get a tingle. Sucks that I can't get Assassin's Creed until I get a new system.

Nintendo still has a chance tomorrow. Don't let me down.

karyann

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 10:55:15 pm »
Also, is the Playstation TV we're getting the same as the Playstation Vita TV Japan got?  ???

It doesn't seem like it to me. Vita TV is for Vita games, while Playstation TV seems to play PS4 games in another room... then again, I don't fully grasp the concept on either, so I might be wrong. That's just my understanding as of now  ???

argyle

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 10:58:33 pm »
It's the same - they said it would play most Vita games in addition to allow you to stream PS4 games to a second TV in your house, play PS Now games, use video apps, etc.  Pretty cool.  :)

I think Sony knocked it out of the park - just an amazing lineup of games.  Really looking forward to some more info on some of those exclusives, especially the new From Studios game.  And to all the haters in the "indy bubble burst" thread: No Man's Sky.   8)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 10:59:47 pm »
Overall, that Sony conference was great.  It helped they had twice as much time as before I was commending Microsoft on a clean cut conference, but now they look just lazy next to Sony lol

They definitely sold me much more on the PS4, though I still have no plans to get one anytime soon.

karyann

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 11:11:23 pm »
I see, thanks Argyle! That's gonna make many people happy.

To me, Sony had the best conference today. It was pretty nice, and I'm glad we got to see Yoshida-san! He's a great guy.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 11:12:46 pm »
Dear Sony,

Give me the last 2-hours of my life back. That was the most underwhelming, lackluster conference I have ever seen, ever! Showing a bunch of games we've known about for a long time already, revealing a bunch of mediocre new IPs, and oh dear god, the bit about PSN and PSTV was the most boring block of conference time I have ever seen at an E3 conference! Grim Fandango was the only thing that was remotely interesting, too bad they mentioned it for like 5-seconds and then moved on to another pile of steaming mediocrity. I thought I'd never say this, but this press conference actually makes the XB1 look like the more appealing system right now. I really hope Nintendo has something better in store tomorrow because I need something to wash this bad taste in my mouth away.

karyann

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 11:16:35 pm »
Dear Sony,

Give me the last 2-hours of my life back. That was the most underwhelming, lackluster conference I have ever seen, ever! Showing a bunch of games we've known about for a long time already, revealing a bunch of mediocre new IPs, and oh dear god, the bit about PSN and PSTV was the most boring block of conference time I have ever seen at an E3 conference! Grim Fandango was the only thing that was remotely interesting, too bad they mentioned it for like 5-seconds and then moved on to another pile of steaming mediocrity. I thought I'd never say this, but this press conference actually makes the XB1 look like the more appealing system right now. I really hope Nintendo has something better in store tomorrow because I need something to wash this bad taste in my mouth away.

Haha, it's nice to see that not everyone shares the same view on things. I think it makes for interesting conversations!

argyle

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 11:23:08 pm »
Dear Sony,

:P