Author Topic: E3 Thread!  (Read 10112 times)

Re: E3 Thread!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »
Captain Toad is going to be a rehashing of the Captain Toad puzzles from Super Mario 3D World. More than likely it's going to be download title featuring deleted or unused Captain Toad puzzles that didn't fit into 3D World, plus new ones. The Captain Toad puzzles were really clever and cute in 3D World so I can't wait to see what they do for a standalone title.

karyann

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 04:24:30 pm »
Is it just me *OR* is anyone else noticing that there's more passive-aggressive FanBoy/Girl-ism showing-up in these E3 topics alone than what we normally see here in the whole rest of the (non-E3) year  :o

Haha, I think that the "competitive" aspect of the news coverage can be contagious. I know I have a tendency to fall for it, but I'm trying hard not to, I promise  :P

Also, when you prefer one company's work, I think it's normal that being already hyped to see more from them will naturally make you more enclined to like what they'll show, and the contrary is also true (not liking what a company you don't care for has to show).

foxhack

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 04:29:07 pm »
FoxyHacker!

I'll be sure to send you some PS4 and/or Vita screenshots of me playing Grim Fandango when the time comes  ;)

YOU'RE STILL NOT WORTHY, CONSOLE USER.

*builds a shrine to GabeN, sacrifices livestock to get Microsoft games ported to PC

Seriously though, I hope Grim Fandango is the first of many older LucasArts games that are re-released on modern systems. Disney's sitting on a goldmine.

Also: Final Fantasy Type-0 announced. But not for PSP or Vita, but for the bone and PS4. And two days after the game's fan translation is released. I'm not gloating, THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A VITA VERSION.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:54:24 pm by foxhack »

argyle

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2014, 05:46:44 pm »
Yeah it lacked the major surprises it probably needed, but I liked it.  Only thing that bummed me was that Xenoblade Chronicles is coming out next year.  Was hoping that would get out this year alongside Bayonetta 2. Super excited for a proper open world Zelda game though and the Hyrule Warriors looked really good.  Very interested to see if they'll be showing off anything from the new Star Fox.

Devil's Third looks fun, a violent action shooter game and is Wii U Exclusive.

Eh, looks a little generic to me - but I've never been a big Itagaki fan anyway.  MUCH more interested in Bayonetta 2, that's for sure.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2014, 05:49:20 pm »
Seriously though, I hope Grim Fandango is the first of many older LucasArts games that are re-released on modern systems. Disney's sitting on a goldmine.

You'll get no argument from me on that one  ;D

Speaking of *older* games getting re-released...I got a copy of the "Oregon Trail" 3DS game as a gift; iirc, however - I think that it was panned...anyone tried it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 06:03:35 pm »
I gotta say, I've been overall pretty happy about the show.  No, I didn't get EVERY announcement I wanted - I never do :P - but I've seen a ton of newly announced games that I'm now anticipating as well as some new footage of already known games that has me even more excited (Batman...oh my, Batman!  ;D).  It's a good time to be a gamer.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

90snostalga

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 06:09:12 pm »
Yeah it lacked the major surprises it probably needed, but I liked it.  Only thing that bummed me was that Xenoblade Chronicles is coming out next year.  Was hoping that would get out this year alongside Bayonetta 2. Super excited for a proper open world Zelda game though and the Hyrule Warriors looked really good.  Very interested to see if they'll be showing off anything from the new Star Fox.

Devil's Third looks fun, a violent action shooter game and is Wii U Exclusive.

Thanks for the video Kamikazee.  This game is going on my "Must Have" list.  Looks amazing  :)

dreama1

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »
My friend's fiancé is ranting at how Sony didn't show any games, so you've got someone else on your side, bikingjahuty  :P I still don't agree, but I figured you'd enjoy the support  ;)

I felt like both Sony and MS showed about the same number of games, am I off?

No, they showed about 20 games each, and tbh Microsoft's conference wasn't much better, but I did feel slightly more excited about Sunset Overdrive, Phantom Dust, and Tomb Raider (even though it is a multi-plat). I felt my interest spike briefly when they announced Grim Fandango, but the whole time I yearned for something more, hoping they'd announce something like The Last Guardian or some sort of surprise that caught everyone off guard. I suppose Uncharted 4 might have been that one thing for some, but it was never a series I was that into.

I am definitely not a Sony hater, the PS3 is my favorite 7th gen console, and the PS2 is my second favorite console of all time. I guess I just expected more from them, and they did not deliver anything that made me want to get a PS4, even going as far as to make the XB1 look more appealing (even though I still have no plans of buying that either). I am really hoping for some surprises tomorrow at Nintendo's conference and even a release date for X will make the conference worth while for me. I wish Sony would have delivered, but I guess I am in the minority along with your friend's fiance lol
Don't worry you're not wrong just some people accepted mediocrity. Remember during the 6th generation (PS2, Xbox, GameCube) we had too many sport games and racing games. I thought that was bad because we needed more variety but things got worse in the 7th generation. Developers started giving us way too many 1st and 3rd person shooter games. Do we really need a new Call Of Duty game every year? Do we really need a new fifa and madden game every year? Do we really need a new need for speed game every year?

The answer to these are no we don’t, we need more variety. Luckily for us we are not getting as many sports and racing games. Some sports and racing franchises are dead now, or on hiatus. But we are still getting too many shooting games. The PS4 and Xbox One are not 2 months old yet and they already have a bunch of shooting games coming to them. The Wii U is 1-year-old and it already has 2 Mario games or 5 if you include new super luigi U, Doctor luigi and mario & sonic at the winter olympic Games. Mario needs a break, Nintendo needs to stop making Mario games for a while and bring back old IPs or create new ones. The Wonderful 101 is a great new IP but we need more. Mario makes too much money for Nintendo and shooting games are making too much money so they won’t stop giving us more of the same unless we stop buying the same type of games over and over again.

Those who started gaming this generation will probably disagree with the things I’ve stated. That’s understandable because you don’t know better, but old school gamers come from a time where everything was better and cheaper. Old school gamers who are happy with today’s gaming industry are those who are easily satisfied: ‘just give me my favorite games with great graphics and I’m happy.’ We have the power to make this generation great, but they won't do it and if we continue to do nothing then we will have another video game crash in the future. Remember that developers are nothing without our money, so please vote with your wallets.

I rest my case.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2014, 06:34:11 pm »
My friend's fiancé is ranting at how Sony didn't show any games, so you've got someone else on your side, bikingjahuty  :P I still don't agree, but I figured you'd enjoy the support  ;)

No, they showed about 20 games each, and tbh Microsoft's conference wasn't much better, but I did feel slightly more excited about Sunset Overdrive, Phantom Dust, and Tomb Raider (even though it is a multi-plat). I felt my interest spike briefly when they announced Grim Fandango, but the whole time I yearned for something more, hoping they'd announce something like The Last Guardian or some sort of surprise that caught everyone off guard. I suppose Uncharted 4 might have been that one thing for some, but it was never a series I was that into.

I am definitely not a Sony hater, the PS3 is my favorite 7th gen console, and the PS2 is my second favorite console of all time. I guess I just expected more from them, and they did not deliver anything that made me want to get a PS4, even going as far as to make the XB1 look more appealing (even though I still have no plans of buying that either). I am really hoping for some surprises tomorrow at Nintendo's conference and even a release date for X will make the conference worth while for me. I wish Sony would have delivered, but I guess I am in the minority along with your friend's fiance lol
Don't worry you're not wrong just some people accepted mediocrity. Remember during the 6th generation (PS2, Xbox, GameCube) we had too many sport games and racing games. I thought that was bad because we needed more variety but things got worse in the 7th generation. Developers started giving us way too many 1st and 3rd person shooter games. Do we really need a new Call Of Duty game every year? Do we really need a new fifa and madden game every year? Do we really need a new need for speed game every year?

The answer to these are no we don’t, we need more variety. Luckily for us we are not getting as many sports and racing games. Some sports and racing franchises are dead now, or on hiatus. But we are still getting too many shooting games. The PS4 and Xbox One are not 2 months old yet and they already have a bunch of shooting games coming to them. The Wii U is 1-year-old and it already has 2 Mario games or 5 if you include new super luigi U, Doctor luigi and mario & sonic at the winter olympic Games. Mario needs a break, Nintendo needs to stop making Mario games for a while and bring back old IPs or create new ones. The Wonderful 101 is a great new IP but we need more. Mario makes too much money for Nintendo and shooting games are making too much money so they won’t stop giving us more of the same unless we stop buying the same type of games over and over again.

Those who started gaming this generation will probably disagree with the things I’ve stated. That’s understandable because you don’t know better, but old school gamers come from a time where everything was better and cheaper. Old school gamers who are happy with today’s gaming industry are those who are easily satisfied: ‘just give me my favorite games with great graphics and I’m happy.’ We have the power to make this generation great, but they won't do it and if we continue to do nothing then we will have another video game crash in the future. Remember that developers are nothing without our money, so please vote with your wallets.

I rest my case & I state my opinions as facts

D'oh!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

dreama1

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2014, 06:54:23 pm »

I rest my case & I state my opinions as facts

D'oh!
??? no pretty factual for most part. Noticed you didn't point anything out hmm.

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2014, 07:08:46 pm »
Im not the biggest E3 fan in general, I wanted to see what Nintendo had though and oh man Im kind of disappointed, I really hope we see some Star Fox... I was really hoping for a new Metroid, whatever, the new actual Zelda game looks really neat but those damn "amiibo" figures really!? what in the world, I mean I'll get some and screw around with it, but goddamn we don't need those stupid things, obvious way to get parents to buy worthless crap for their kids. When are we going to get a solid game that utilizes the Wii U controller well? Star Fox or Metroid? well we're screwed there as got a while to wait. Come on Nintendo you've had enough time with this console for something that makes the controller better that it's competitors.
Honestly, I am interested in Watch Dogs and bayonetta 2 but a lot of this other "fluff" I can do without

argyle

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2014, 07:22:39 pm »
I cannot possibly roll my eyes hard enough right now, so I'll let Ms. Lemon do the honors for me:

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:28 pm »
I'm watching the Nintendo showing right now.   You're getting the play-by-play 

I love the Robot Chicken intro.

I was already in on Smash Bros. Nothing new.

The Boy will want (and probably get) all the Amiibos. =Money Pit

I'm really looking forward to Captain Toad. I liked those parts of 3D World.

Yoshi Wooley World looks ok. I'm sure I'll end up with it.

This Zelda game is the first one I've been excited about... Ever

No one at my house cares about Pokemon.

Bayonetta looks like something my brother will get, but it may not be my cup of tea. But wait!  You get both games. Bayonetta 1 and 2?  I may give it a shot.

Hyrule Warriors. Yeah... I'm in. I've been in for a while. Do you think we could get Error and Bagu as playable characters?  September 26th?  I love a solid release date.

I can't decide if this is more Robot Chicken or a Kirby game.
Nintendo, please stop with the yarn/clay/paper mâché. The hand drawn thing worked with Yoshi's Island, but stop. Make I look like a pretty, cartoony game.

More Xenoblade... I wish I had time for these games.

Mario Maker?  This could be a lot of fun. I like that idea.

Splatoon... I don't know about this one. Kind of like DeBlob?  Paint everything?  This one seems like an idea someone almost had 2 generations ago. It's so weird, I can't decide if it's genius or stupid.

Pretty solid showing from Nintendo. They showed more that I was interested in, for sure.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:11:43 pm by turf »

90snostalga

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2014, 08:03:56 pm »
I'm watching the Nintendo showing right now.   You're getting the play-by-play 

I love the Robot Chicken intro.

I was already in on Smash Bros. Nothing new.

The Boy will want (and probably get) all the Amiibos. =Money Pit

I'm really looking forward to Captain Toad. I liked those parts of 3D World.

Yoshi Wooley World looks ok. I'm sure I'll end up with it.

This Zelda game is the first one I've been excited about... Ever

No one at my house cares about Pokemon.

Bayonetta looks like something my brother will get, but it may not be my cup of tea. But wait!  You get both games. Bayonetta 1 and 2?  I may give it a shot.

Hyrule Warriors. Yeah... I'm in. I've been in for a while. Do you think we could get Error and Bagu as playable characters?  September 26th?  I love a solid release date.

I can't decide if this is more Robot Chicken or a Kirby game.
Nintendo, please stop with the yarn/clay/paper mâché. The hand drawn thing worked with Yoshi's Island, but stop. Make I look like a pretty, cartoony game.

More Xenoblade... I wish I had time for these games.

Mario Maker?  This could be a lot of fun. I like that idea.

Splatoon... I don't know about this one. Kind of like DeBlob?  Paint everything?  This one seems like an idea some almost had 2 generations ago. It's so weird, I can't decide if it's genius or stupid.

Pretty solid showing from Nintendo. They showed more that I was interested in, for sure.

Very well said Turf.  I do have to ask tho, what do you think of the Wii U exclusive "Devils Third"?

pacpix

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2014, 08:48:36 pm »
No Ice Climber 2 announcement,  but I thought Nintendo's presentation was very good.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)