Author Topic: E3 Thread!  (Read 10192 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: E3 Thread!
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2014, 08:58:31 pm »
I AM SO PISSED!!! I MISSED E3 BECAUSE OF A T.V. SCHEDULE SCREW-UP!!! IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE A FREAKING YEAR!!!

I had my DVR set to record everything all day on Spike T.V. yesterday. Except it ONLY recorded the EA after-show commentary! Instead, my DVR recorded Walking Tall and a some stupid show about remodeling a bar. WTF?!

I don't even know who to be pissed at. I don't know if the cable-box screwed up, or if Spike T.V. messed up their programming schedule.

Yeah, I know, read the postings online. But I like the feel of watching it all on T.V. as it's happening.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2014, 09:16:45 pm »
Very well said Turf.  I do have to ask tho, what do you think of the Wii U exclusive "Devils Third"?

I haven't watched it yet. I saw a clip. It doesn't really look like my style of game. I'm glad Nintendo made it. They need more games to fill that void.

No Ice Climber 2 announcement,  but I thought Nintendo's presentation was very good.

What a bummer....Or is it?  Some things are better left in the past.

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2014, 09:26:36 pm »
Work is slow this week so I watched the live Spike TV feed all day on Monday during work and watched the Sony conference right when I got home. I'm the most excited for Bloodborne, but I think my favorite trailer of the show is the one for Dead Island 2. I could go on Thursday but won't. There's nothing I need to see first hand. Everything I liked is coming out in 2015.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2014, 09:30:20 pm »
As I anticipated, Nintendo blew me away today with their press conference!

I am beyond hyped for Xenoblade X and Zelda Wii U. I am in love with the idea of Zelda meets Elder Scrolls, which is how they presented the new Zelda more or less.

Aside from Nintendo's great press conference, I am really digging the gameplay EA has shown off for the new Dragon Age, the game looks amazing!

pacpix

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2014, 10:57:59 pm »
Pac-Man is going to be in the new Smash Bros! First character switch for me since I went from Link on Smash64 to Ice Climbers on Melee and Brawl.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2014, 11:00:14 pm »
Pac-Man is going to be in the new Smash Bros! First character switch for me since I went from Link on Smash64 to Ice Climbers on Melee and Brawl.

That's pretty cool of them to add.  Also apparently Mr. Game & Watch is confirmed to return.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2014, 12:24:40 am »
Is Someone Other Than Link In The New Zelda Trailer?

What?!

I'm for the capability of choosing between characters, similar to Grand Theft Auto V, but if Link isn't one of or the main character...  NO!!!

Also, Captain Toad sounds interesting.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2014, 01:04:26 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVz-2VuAYlY

Pac-Man in Super Smash? Not sure how I feel about that. There's plenty of other Namco characters I'd rather see in there first. Who knows, maybe more will come up down the line?

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2014, 02:49:57 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVz-2VuAYlY

Pac-Man in Super Smash? Not sure how I feel about that. There's plenty of other Namco characters I'd rather see in there first. Who knows, maybe more will come up down the line?

I think Pac-Man is a good start as he's a real classic like Mario or Mega Man and is more unconventional than say putting in someone from their fighting games.  Actually was trying to remember what kind of characters Bandai would have and some seem maybe too on the nose to put in like Soul Calibur or Tekken guys.  It would amuse me to see like Goku in it, but he wouldn't fit in very well I think...though that would get Goku into a good fighting game for once after years of floundering lol

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2014, 04:43:02 am »
Is Someone Other Than Link In The New Zelda Trailer?

What?!

I'm for the capability of choosing between characters, similar to Grand Theft Auto V, but if Link isn't one of or the main character...  NO!!!

Also, Captain Toad sounds interesting.

They seem to really be pushing Miis this time around, that would be pretty sweet if you had the default choice of Link or your mii

karyann

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2014, 09:40:00 am »
No Ice Climber 2 announcement,  but I thought Nintendo's presentation was very good.

The "2" I'd have been way too happy to see would have been Pokémon Snap 2 haha. That game was fun, and with the gamepad and the Wii U capabilities, I can only see an awesome game.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2014, 09:41:23 am »
Announcements I would like to hear but won't:

An HD sequel to Metriod Prime 3
An HD Battletoads game from wayforward done in the same style as Double Dragon Neon
Ducktales 2 Remastered from wayforward
A FF7 HD Remake. (Or FF7 Crisis Core)
A FF9 HD Remake
The Last Guardian

Announcements that are making me consider owning a Wii U:

Zelda
Star Fox
XenoBlade

Announcements that have still not convinced me to get a PS4 or XB1:

Pretty much everything Sony and MS said.

Not trying to be a hater, I am just not all that interested in the newest gen and the idea that I will be renting (streaming) all my games.

I like the convenience of digital but see the burn of having worthless bytes of data 10 years from now.

Meanwhile carts I got over 30 years ago continue to work to this day just like they did when I first played them.

argyle

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2014, 10:23:35 am »

The "2" I'd have been way too happy to see would have been Pokémon Snap 2 haha. That game was fun, and with the gamepad and the Wii U capabilities, I can only see an awesome game.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't done this yet, it seems like a no-brainer.   :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2014, 12:05:10 pm »
Don't worry IMO, you're not wrong just because I think that some people accepted what I'd call" mediocrity". Remember during the 6th generation (PS2, Xbox, GameCube) (I thought that) we had too many sport games and racing games. I thought that was bad because (IMO), we needed more variety but (IMO) things got worse in the 7th generation. (IMO), Developers started giving us way too many 1st and 3rd person shooter games. Do we *I* really need a new Call Of Duty game every year? Do we *I* really need a new fifa and madden game every year? Do we I really need WANT a new need for speed game every year?

The MY answer to these are no we I don’t, we need more variety. Luckily for us we are not getting as many sports and racing games. Some sports and racing franchises are dead now, or on hiatus. But we are still getting too many shooting games. The PS4 and Xbox One are not 2 months old yet and they already have a bunch of shooting games coming to them. The Wii U is 1-year-old and it already has 2 Mario games or 5 if you include new super luigi U, Doctor luigi and mario & sonic at the winter olympic Games. Mario needs a break, Nintendo needs to stop making Mario games for a while and bring back old IPs or create new ones. The Wonderful 101 is a great new IP but we need more. Mario makes too much money for Nintendo and shooting games are making too much money so they won’t stop giving us more of the same unless we stop buying the same type of games over and over again.

Those who started gaming this generation will probably disagree with the things I’ve stated. That’s understandable because you don’t know better, but old school gamers come from a time where everything was better and cheaper. Old school gamers who are happy with today’s gaming industry are those who are easily satisfied: ‘just give me my favorite games with great graphics and I’m happy.’ We have the power to make this generation great, but they won't do it and if we continue to do nothing then we will have another video game crash in the future. Remember that developers are nothing without our money, so please vote with your wallets.

I rest my case & I state my opinions as facts

D'oh!
??? no pretty factual for most part. Noticed you didn't point anything out hmm.[/quote]

Pffft!

Oh my - it would be much quicker & easier to try to isolate & point out any facts in here than it would be opinions  :o

Funny thing is - I even agree with a lot of your opinions & what you're saying...I would just never presume to be so pompous to state all of my thoughts, likes, & dislikes as facts and/or to post/imply that my answers are the ("only"/"right") ones...

it's okay, though...just takes practice  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2014, 02:19:27 pm »
Well, my take on E3 so far :

MK X - Top choice of the show so far. Im super excited for this.

Zelda Wii U - I am looking forward to this. It has the aspects that Zelda has been missing all these years.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Along with the above title, this is going to be my main reasoning for picking up the Wii U.

Square Enix - No DQ. Screw off SE. Seriously. You are alienating a big part of your fan-base by excluding this series of games from this side of the world. The only thing that would save SE from being crossed off my list forever would be 1) DQX or DQVII 3DS stateside release in the near future or 2) A FFVII HD re-release. This is the game that put FF in the minds of more than just serious JRPG'ers and keeps being overlooked for spin-offs and other random junk.

Hyrule Warriors - Mildly interested in this. Hope it pans out to be as neat as it looks.

Metroid - I secretly was hoping to see a new 2D version of Metroid along the Super metroid lines more than anything else. Yet another series that has been tossed into the gutter for all this 3D/FP stuff. I boo in your direction on this Nintendo.