Author Topic: E3 Thread!  (Read 10352 times)

90snostalga

Re: E3 Thread!
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2014, 11:24:07 am »
Very excited to see Pac Man is joining the Smash Bros. roster.

I can't wait for my first Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man brawl!!!

Yeah, it's definitely gonna be one of our new "thematic fights"! I used to do these all the time in Melee with my best friend. Like a Swordmen fight (Link, young Link, Marth and Roy), Pokémon fight, and so on. And there are so many new characters that it's going to give a lot of different match-ups, I think!

All this is making me want to fall in love with the Smash Bros. franchise.  I have the 64 and Wii versions, just never really played smash bros.  I'll have to start soon to catch up I guess.

blipcs76

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2014, 02:02:39 pm »
Very excited to see Pac Man is joining the Smash Bros. roster.

I can't wait for my first Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man brawl!!!

Yeah, it's definitely gonna be one of our new "thematic fights"! I used to do these all the time in Melee with my best friend. Like a Swordmen fight (Link, young Link, Marth and Roy), Pokémon fight, and so on. And there are so many new characters that it's going to give a lot of different match-ups, I think!

We would do that too.  My favorite is "Everyone pick Jigglypuff!", which creates a match where we might as well be fighting blindfolded, as most people don't know how to use Jiggly at all.

And hilarity ensues...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 12:26:36 am »
What about Metroid?!

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 08:59:58 am »
What about Metroid?!

It was replaced by Bayonetta and some paint shooting thing.

argyle

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2014, 09:14:24 am »
What about Metroid?!

It was replaced by Bayonetta and some paint shooting thing.

This is by far not my genre of music, but for some reason I keep thinking this whenever I read these 2 posts:

Nowdays everybody wanna talk like they got somethin' to say
But nothin' comes out when they move their lips, just a bunch of paintball s***
And Nintendo act like they forgot about Metroid

:P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

blipcs76

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2014, 09:48:39 am »
What about Metroid?!

They confirmed one is in some stage of development, and have hinted that there might be both a FPS and 2D Metroid games in the pipe. 

Metroid (and also Fatal Frame Wii U) was the one thing I was really hoping I'd see them reveal at E3, so I'm a little disappointed with Nintendo's presentation, especially considering most of what they showed was for 2015 releases.  All that's on my radar for the rest of 2014 is Smash (if it hits before Xmas), Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2.  Possibly Devil's Third and Watch Dogs, depending on how they turn out.

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2014, 10:09:13 am »
What about Metroid?!

They confirmed one is in some stage of development, and have hinted that there might be both a FPS and 2D Metroid games in the pipe. 

Metroid (and also Fatal Frame Wii U) was the one thing I was really hoping I'd see them reveal at E3, so I'm a little disappointed with Nintendo's presentation, especially considering most of what they showed was for 2015 releases.  All that's on my radar for the rest of 2014 is Smash (if it hits before Xmas), Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2.  Possibly Devil's Third and Watch Dogs, depending on how they turn out.

2D metroid is actually technically rumored and not so much confirmed.

bobster

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2014, 10:27:23 am »
This interview poasted yesterday pretty much says they're looking into doing both in "the near future." Good news for everyone!

*Edited so it didn't link to a comment right off the bat.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:08:56 pm by bobster »
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:34 am »
They'll probably put the 2D game out on the 3DS instead of giving it a nice Wii U HD release, but I suppose that's better than nothing... 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2014, 10:45:21 am »
Hopefully we can get an actual Metroid game this time around instead of whatever Other M was. Blegh. It's already been more than 10 years since we've gotten a new 2-D metroid :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tpugmire

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2014, 11:25:43 am »
At least we're getting a pretty sweet Samus figure thingy.  I really want a HUGE 2D Metroid game on Wii U. Think Super Metroid X10. And bring back the Grappling Beam and X-Ray Scope too.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2014, 11:50:53 am »
At least we're getting a pretty sweet Samus figure thingy.  I really want a HUGE 2D Metroid game on Wii U. Think Super Metroid X10. And bring back the Grappling Beam and X-Ray Scope too.

This so much. It would be my precious for weeks.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2014, 12:20:45 pm »
This interview poasted yesterday pretty much says they're looking into doing both in "the near future." Good news for everyone!

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2014, 12:40:40 pm »

So that's actually worse because retro is confirmed working on one, so your basically saying 2D is not even in the works.

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2014, 07:30:19 pm »
Here's that odd old school animated style game they showed in the indies presentation for Xbox.  It looks to be Mega Man with the old cartoon style of the 30's.  Now this is a cool style to go with and a way to stand out amid all the indie games out there right now lol