Author Topic: Club Nintendo reminder  (Read 6927 times)

abe

Re: Club Nintendo reminder
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »
Unfortunately I'm a whole 200 coins from getting Platinum this year. :-\ It's really hard to get a lot of coins when you tend to only buy used. Lately, the rewards have been getting even more disappointing than usual as well. I really wish they'd reprint the Game & Watch Collections, or maybe even made new ones for the 3DS. That's pretty unlikely though.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 10:16:24 pm »
I'm only 20 freaking points away from Platinum! So close, yet so far.

amauriel

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 07:57:17 am »
Unfortunately I'm a whole 200 coins from getting Platinum this year. :-\ It's really hard to get a lot of coins when you tend to only buy used.

Still try the codes if they are present in the box. I've had quite a few unused codes in used games.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

abe

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 10:18:11 am »
Unfortunately I'm a whole 200 coins from getting Platinum this year. :-\ It's really hard to get a lot of coins when you tend to only buy used.

Still try the codes if they are present in the box. I've had quite a few unused codes in used games.

I've found some unused codes in used games as well, but most of the time with the stuff I buy the sheet with the code on it isn't even there anymore.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 12:37:20 pm »
Since I'm only 20 measly points away from Platinum, I went through some old GameCube games I had to see if I had anything I never redeemed before joining. I did. But apparently, the GameCube game codes are still registered to your account as you owning them, but they don't get you squat on coins. :(

argyle

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 10:59:01 pm »
Since I'm only 20 measly points away from Platinum, I went through some old GameCube games I had to see if I had anything I never redeemed before joining. I did. But apparently, the GameCube game codes are still registered to your account as you owning them, but they don't get you squat on coins. :(

You can get around this by creating a sub-account for another family member, your dog, etc.  :P  Then any games you've already registered to your primary account, if you get a duplicate register it under the sub account.  It will earn points, and the points still collect in one "pool". 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

pacpix

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 04:22:48 pm »
Sent you a PM  :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 04:55:18 pm »
Thanks, sent you a reply regarding it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 04:56:05 pm »

You can get around this by creating a sub-account for another family member, your dog, etc.  :P  Then any games you've already registered to your primary account, if you get a duplicate register it under the sub account.  It will earn points, and the points still collect in one "pool".

Are you sure? Because I've tried to register used games, and the codes were already redeemed, and it clearly says you can only use a code once after you try.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 05:30:30 pm »
Thanks to a little friendly help, I am now Platinum! ;D

argyle

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 08:09:44 pm »

Are you sure? Because I've tried to register used games, and the codes were already redeemed, and it clearly says you can only use a code once after you try.

Not the same *code*, the same *game*.  For example, if you register Super Mario Galaxy under your account then you end up with another code later on from that game, you can't register it again.  Unless you create a sub account.  I may have misunderstood, but it sounded like that was the issue you had run into. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:35 am »

Not the same *code*, the same *game*.  For example, if you register Super Mario Galaxy under your account then you end up with another code later on from that game, you can't register it again.  Unless you create a sub account.  I may have misunderstood, but it sounded like that was the issue you had run into.

No, I had bought a used game, with the code insert still in it. And when I went to register the code, I found that it had already been redeemed by a previous owner.

And you can register games twice, with different codes, under the same account. Unless the difference was that one version was a Nintendo Selects version, and the other was the original release. I've registered two different versions of Super Mario Galaxy to my account.

bobster

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 07:43:58 pm »
Hmmm my girlfriend needs 30 points and we already went through all of our DS, 3DS and Wii U games. Bummer!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 01:07:00 am »
Check local game stores. Some times they will give you the codes for free. I used to get a lot of them from Blockbuster.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 02:38:46 pm »
Dont you have a time limit (about 2 years) on the codes?