Author Topic: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28604 times)

foxhack

Re: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2014, 04:27:33 pm »
... I don't even know where to start.

So today I went to do my usual rounds, looking for merchandise for the store. I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance for PC for $3. I also found a bunch of Japanese DVDs in jewel cases at one my usual haunts - US movies and some TV show boxsets, but they were sample (Not For Resale) versions, like that Japanese Street Fighter DVD I grabbed a while back. But right there mixed with everything else was a Final Fantasy VII DVD. Not Advent Children. Something else.

Okay, you see that disc on the right? That's the DVD. It cost me two bucks.

It apparently sold for $1500 two years ago on eBay. Yes, $1500. DOLLARS.

http://thelifestream.net/review-the-toshiba-ffvii-dvd/

Apparently the disc is ridiculously rare and expensive because it was only sold bundled with a Japanese PC system. I am -beyond- flabbergasted at finding this. I thought it would be something stupidly common, but not this! Just... holy crap!

Edit:
Ah, poop. It appears that this thing isn't worth much nowadays, some Japanese stores have it in stock for 3600 Yen (30 bucks). Welp. :p
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:49:26 pm by foxhack »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 04:34:06 pm »

So today I went to do my usual rounds, looking for merchandise for the store. I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance for PC for $3. I also found a bunch of Japanese DVDs in jewel cases at one my usual haunts - US movies and some TV show boxsets, but they were sample (Not For Resale) versions, like that Japanese Street Fighter DVD I grabbed a while back. But right there mixed with everything else was a Final Fantasy VII DVD. Not Advent Children. Something else.

Apparently the disc is ridiculously rare and expensive because it was only sold bundled with a Japanese PC system. I am -beyond- flabbergasted at finding this. I thought it would be something stupidly common, but not this! Just... holy crap!

Are you keeping it?

I'd sell it in a heartbeat and get all those other rare games I've been waiting on.

foxhack

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2014, 04:38:48 pm »
Are you keeping it?

I'd sell it in a heartbeat and get all those other rare games I've been waiting on.
I... don't know.

On the one hand... MONEY. But on the other... it's one of those rare things that I... just don't know.

And I wouldn't sell it to get games, I'd sell it to put the money in the bank.

argyle

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2014, 04:48:23 pm »

Are you keeping it?

That's the same question I was going to ask. ;) That's awesome, regardless - find of the decade. Has anyone else here found something worth so much for so little? Heck, makes The Flea's $2 Earthbounds look like Duck Hunt carts.  :P 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2014, 05:10:29 pm »
That's the same question I was going to ask. ;) That's awesome, regardless - find of the decade. Has anyone else here found something worth so much for so little? Heck, makes The Flea's $2 Earthbounds look like Duck Hunt carts.  :P

It's not really worth that much anymore. The DVD was ripped and posted online by the guy who bought it for that amount, it's even posted on Youtube.

So it's not really an Earthbound killer find... but it's up there, at least.

Edit: The item is available for thirty bucks at some Japanese stores, guess I'll just keep it. :p
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:50:36 pm by foxhack »

argyle

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2014, 07:56:16 pm »
Woohoo!  ;D

IMG_3546
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2014, 08:34:37 pm »
Woohoo!  ;D

IMG_3546

Nice! I think that has to be my favorite box art of all the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games. If only NA got a physical release. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2014, 08:41:30 pm »
I got a wii u stand and craddle set. And I just won a japanese N64 Boxed. With all parts, but it needs bags to be complete. But I feel good about the buy though.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

argyle

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2014, 09:08:32 pm »
Woohoo!  ;D

IMG_3546

Nice! I think that has to be my favorite box art of all the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games. If only NA got a physical release. :(

Well it cost me $60 shipped from Amazon, so pretty much what it would retail for if it was released physically over here anyway.  I'm good.  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2014, 09:32:58 pm »

It's not really worth that much anymore. The DVD was ripped and posted online by the guy who bought it for that amount, it's even posted on Youtube.

So it's not really an Earthbound killer find... but it's up there, at least.

Edit: The item is available for thirty bucks at some Japanese stores, guess I'll just keep it. :p

Oh man. That sucks.

I was getting all excited for you.

foxhack

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2014, 09:37:20 pm »
Oh man. That sucks.

I was getting all excited for you.
Now I'm not so sure.

There's one site that appeared to have the DVD in stock for $30, but I ran the page through Babelfish and it says that it's out of stock. I can't find any other site that sells it, so I dunno. Maybe if some FF7 fanboy shows up I'll sell it to him. Eventually. :p

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:25 pm »
Had some good things come in the mail today.

First I got another japanese Sega Saturn game called Hanaumi Taisen Columns, a Columns game based on the Sakura Wars series.

Next on the GameBoy color I got Batman Beyond Return of the Joker,not much to say about this one I just got it because Batman Beyond

Finally I was able to get myself a copy of Secret of Mana on the SNES  ;D Really excited to finally have this game

soera

« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 12:31:04 am »
Maybe if some FF7 fanboy shows up I'll sell it to him. Eventually. :p

Depending on what you want for it, I may be that fanboy!

And to add to this thread in general, I was walking around Wal-mart and found the clearance isle and the first thing I see is a Mario costume complete in the box for $5. Heh I had to buy it. :D Also went to Toys R Us and picked up the last missing Skylander for Swap force (not counting all the weird limited edition) : Legendary Night shift. Had a coupon that was going to expire at the end of the weekend and figured I may as well use it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 01:42:58 pm »
I've never imported a game yet...

There were (a few) OST's that I wanted badly enough that I ordered them on Amazon (from Japan - like NieR, FF-X (4-disc set + artbook,), X-2, Folklore (FolkSouls in JP)) & maybe a few more.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2014, 03:23:36 pm »
Swung by Gamestop at lunch and picked up some super cheap-o's:  Battalion Wars II (Wii), Feel the Magic (DS) & Master of the Monster Lair (DS).  Just over $5 total.  :P 

I didn't know what MotML was, but it was marked $1.99 and had the Atlus logo on it, so that was all the convincing I needed!  ;)