Author Topic: Thanks VGG, I owe you one!  (Read 2499 times)

Re: Thanks VGG, I owe you one!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 04:01:10 am »
Shovel Knight is pretty awesome, just put two hours into it on the wii u. Very Mega Man-esque, the hit-detection feels a little weird at times though... Apparently there is going to be multi-player too through a later update

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 01:38:35 pm »
I never would have started my Sega Genesis collection and bolstered my Sega Dreamcast collection without the help of VGCollect members.  Also, thank you for helping me by buying, trading, or giving away some of the games I'm trying to get rid of.

Also, a big thank you for the information about Sword Of Vermillion.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 03:37:54 pm »
A couple of quick ones...

If not for Greg's help -

I wouldn't have wound up with a Drakengard 3 CE (meaning that I would have never read the book/novella that came with it) &

I'm pretty sure that I bought my PS3 version of the Deception IV game (my 1st game/exposure to the series) also thanks to a conversation and/or topic where I saw him talking about it:)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »
Today I was at a game store here and had a free game of my choice (they have a frequent shoppers program that gives you a free game after you buy 10 games) and I decided to get Disgaea Hour of Darkness on PS2. I have never played a single Disgaea game but it caught my attention mostly just from the name of disgaeniac. It better be good  :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 02:15:01 pm »
Today I was at a game store here and had a free game of my choice (they have a frequent shoppers program that gives you a free game after you buy 10 games) and I decided to get Disgaea Hour of Darkness on PS2. I have never played a single Disgaea game but it caught my attention mostly just from the name of disgaeniac. It better be good  :P

one of us

one of us

one of us

ONE OF *MINE* 

*Laughs maniacally & diabolically*

Seriously, though - it's my favorite game in the series.

If nothing else - the song "The Invasion From Within" (by Tsunami Bomb; possibly exclusive to the English language and/or NA releases) is pretty fucking cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt4rbY0OfuY

(Live version:)

If you get into it & find yourself confused/in need of help...you know where to find me  ;)

Enjoy  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 02:20:21 pm »
I was glad to learn this is the first game in the series. When I saw it I kinda thought since it had a subtitle it was a sequel or spinoff of some kind (like I said, I know almost NOTHING about this series). I always like starting at the very beginning (a very good place to start).

abe

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 04:37:26 pm »
The original Disgaea is one of the best, but it has the worst Item World by far out of the whole series. It's a real pain in the butt compared to the newer versions. Though it's to be expected that it would get more refined in the later Disgaea games, and it was pretty innovative for the time.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)