Author Topic: Favorite Video Game Series  (Read 2637 times)

Favorite Video Game Series
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:17:16 pm »
So I'm really digging Mario Kart 7 and realized I really love the series as a whole,
I was just wondering what game series people on this site love. What are the series that you can always go back to and never get bored or tired with?
I think mine would start with the Metroid series, Mario Kart, Silent Hill and the naughty dog Crash Bandicoot series

scott

Re: Favorite Video Game Series
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:50:46 am »
For me it's Castlevania and Metal Gear, love both of those series. I'm also a big fan of the Mega Man (Classic, X, Zero ZX), Final Fantasy, Zelda, Pokemon, Sonic, Super Mario and Donkey Kong Country series. But, Castlevania and Metal Gear I can pick up any one of those games and sink myself right back into it. I do like to do occasional timeline runs of the Metal Gear games, I haven't done one in a few years now though, but with the HD collection in hand now, I might start one up soon.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:58:56 pm »
I wish I could say the Kingdom Hearts series, but they have been slacking lately. I can say I love 1 and 2 for sure. The Legend of Zelda, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Portal, and Cartridge based Mario. Can't help but love the biggies.

forte

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 08:32:22 pm »
Mine is obviously Mega Man, but I also enjoy the Mario and Donkey Kong Country games. The first three Star Fox games are a personal favorite as well (Star Fox, Star Fox 2, and Star Fox 64). As far as "modern" series go, I like Armored Core and Mobile Suit Gundam games.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 10:48:23 pm »
Of Course! Mega Man is awesome. Im also starting to get back into Metal Gear, I had it as a kid and couldnt understand it but now I think it's great.
Donkey Kong country is always great as well

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 08:20:11 am »
Bein' the oddball as usual... Art of Fighting.

Yes, a stupid twenty year old video game franchise is my favorite series. It might be because one character has more personality than the entire Street Fighter series, but I digress... (Tekken's cool too.)

madmax

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 11:21:31 am »
Final Fantasy :P
I also like Grand Theft Auto a whole bunch

amauriel

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »
I'm sure no one can tell by my collection...but probably Harvest Moon. I also have a lot of love for the Layton series and Zelda, probably just as obviously. Oh, and the Mother (Earthbound) games, and the Shin Megami Tensei games.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

ffxik

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 02:15:47 am »
Hmmm... Favorite series.  Let's see,  R-Type, Raiden, Shin Megami Tensei, Wild Arms, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Kirby, Growlanser, and The Elder Scrolls.

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 05:57:29 am »
R-Type...god I still feel that the original R-Type doesn't get enough love. It was a highlight of my childhood.

scott

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 11:05:41 am »
I do enjoy R-Type. Its a shame I'm not very good at it, maybe ill commit myself to trying to beat it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:09 pm »
Ogre Battle, Castlevania, Shining Force for me!

darko

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 07:41:52 am »
As a series I really like Metal Gear. If you consider SMT games a series then they are probably number 2 with my favorite being Nocturne. I also really enjoy the Fallout series and Silent Hill.

desocietas

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 03:15:41 pm »
I think in total, I would have dragon quest edge out final fantasy. The FF series went the way of the graphics > gameplay bird and it makes me sad.